Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2018, 11:00 AM   #1001
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got back from Queen of Bud right by Sunalta C-Train. No line up, VERY knowledgable staff, and a huge selection. Prices are a touch higher than street but that's a minor concern as the quality is definitely there.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lanny'sDaMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2018, 12:50 PM   #1002
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nova is selling some THC strains at <$30 for 3.5 grams, I think Terry is finished
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:58 PM   #1003
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

These cheap strains you guys are talking about are garbage though. Terry is still the go to man for quality + price
shogged is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shogged For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2018, 03:59 PM   #1004
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogged View Post
These cheap strains you guys are talking about are garbage though. Terry is still the go to man for quality + price
And coke.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2018, 06:11 PM   #1005
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogged View Post
What strains does Terry sell that you can’t get legally?

What garbage strains are available legally that Terry wouldn’t dare offer?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:04 PM   #1006
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
What strains does Terry sell that you can’t get legally?

What garbage strains are available legally that Terry wouldn’t dare offer?
How many examples do you need? (For the latter)
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:00 PM   #1007
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
How many examples do you need? (For the latter)
As many as possible for my own “research,” want to be careful to avoid known dud buds.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2018, 08:31 PM   #1008
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
As many as possible for my own “research,” want to be careful to avoid known dud buds.
The price points just seem strange to me. They ramp up the price of higher THC but don’t reduce the price for high CBD no THC. The plant still grows the same. As far as I know the majority of these strains all have similar growing times (within months of each other) and similar requirements for light/water. So why are they priced differently? Just to take advantage of selling high THC products?
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:07 PM   #1009
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The price points just seem strange to me. They ramp up the price of higher THC but don’t reduce the price for high CBD no THC. The plant still grows the same. As far as I know the majority of these strains all have similar growing times (within months of each other) and similar requirements for light/water. So why are they priced differently? Just to take advantage of selling high THC products?
To dissuade people from getting rip-roaring high? Maybe? Best I can come up
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:28 PM   #1010
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you support legalization, then it's in everyone's best interest to buy it through the legal channels. A big reason for legalization is to shut down the black market and the negative social impacts it has. If the black market persists on a large scale, another government could reinstate marijuana prohibition.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:41 PM   #1011
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
This I (kinda) know. For one, no two plants grown are the same. The plant you grow in your basement, for example, isn’t of the same quality as those grown in a state of the art greenhouse. Like vegetables, the better the conditions, the better the product, so that’s one reason for price discrepancies.

Regarding the THC/CBD question: High CBD strains are growing in popularity, but it’s still a fairly small market (especially on the recreational side). Because of this, it’s essentially a supply/demand issue. There aren’t a lot of growers doing it, and there are less dedicating more than a small portion of their crop to these strains, but the desire is increasing, so the price is higher.

If we’re getting nerdy about it, pretty much all weed that carries a THC Level over 20% is bad weed because it knocks out most of the other cannabinoids. It’ll get you higher, but if you’re looking for anything else from it then don’t expect it. Terpenes also play a role, but high THC weed is junk, because there’s no room for complexity. It’s like drinking Big Bear. It’ll smash you, but it’s not very good.

So why is high THC weed more expensive? Because a lot of people have equated really high with really good for a long time. And while that’s not true of the product itself, it does let suppliers charge more because they know there are a lot of people who just want to get messed right up, and that’s all they want, so they’ll pay for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2018, 09:43 PM   #1012
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
If you support legalization, then it's in everyone's best interest to buy it through the legal channels. A big reason for legalization is to shut down the black market and the negative social impacts it has. If the black market persists on a large scale, another government could reinstate marijuana prohibition.
That will be difficult to accomplish with all the private money that has been invested in retail and manufacturing.

Not to mention what government is going to give up the tax money collected from it all?
Old 10-28-2018, 04:03 PM   #1013
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
It was hilarious to walk out of the store, look down at the receipt, and see 'CO-OP' at the top of a receipt for having just purchased weed.
Getting some patronage return on weed purchases is kinda funny
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:59 AM   #1014
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

For accessories (portable vaporizer, grinder, etc), better off purchasing at the actual cannabis dispensary stores or some of the other accessory stores? Any recommendations (stores and/or actual products)?
cral12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:53 AM   #1015
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

The Volcano is probably the most expensive and popular. Not portable though.

Are you looking for a flower vape? Or liquid (concentrate)? Some do both.

Get a 4 stage grinder that collects your keif that you can use for later.

To be honest, alibaba is probably a fraction of the price and half the stuff comes from there anyway.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 10:55 AM   #1016
Lumby Lager
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cral12 View Post
For accessories (portable vaporizer, grinder, etc), better off purchasing at the actual cannabis dispensary stores or some of the other accessory stores? Any recommendations (stores and/or actual products)?
As far as grinders go the $10 herb and spice grinders on Amazon are the same $30 grinders in the stores and dispensary.

Shop around for a vaporizer and usually the first thing that craps out is the battery. If you let the battery run down to zero they usually won’t charge after that. Some of the portable units have replaceable batteries, those are the ones I suggest as well as how easy the chamber is to clean with alcohol.
Lumby Lager is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lumby Lager For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 11:19 AM   #1017
daaznfob
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Arizer had a great deal where it was buy a vaporizer and get the arizer air(another vape) for free. I'm sure some of those will be hitting Kijiji once the orders are delivered. Maybe try to snag one for around $100

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
daaznfob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daaznfob For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 11:22 AM   #1018
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

^^^^

Would definitely recommend arizer. I still have my solo from a few years ago, works just fine.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 11:38 AM   #1019
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

My Arizer Air is still performing nobly after 2-3 years, the battery is on it's way out, but it's a standard battery I can easily replace. It's just a notch below the best Vape's, but still works pretty great.

Last edited by Matata; 10-29-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #1020
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
You can't go wrong with 'The Mighty'. It's made by the same folks who make the Volcano.

I've had mine for several years without a single problem.

Great battery life, adjustable temperature.

The Mighty is generally recognized as one of the best portable vaporizers out there. It is the best I have ever used.
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote