Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
Arya Stark
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Default National Geographic Wild - Anyone watching?

I can not believe I never added this channel earlier. I've had it for a couple weeks and it is one of the best channels on television IMO.

Anyone else enjoy? Great shows about animals, and nature. If you aren't subscribed, you're missing out.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I checked it out over a few days when we first got the channel after signing up for the Shaw Gateway. I quickly found that the programming was way to repetitive. I haven't checked out the channel in a long time.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #3
CubicleGeek
Scoring Winger

Exp:

^ I agree, NGW is on something like a 6 hour repeat, so something shows 4 times or more in a day. They also don't have enough content it seems so once you watch it all, it's all the same stuff all over again. It's a byproduct that National Geographic only airs their own content and they just simply don't have enough wildlife content to fill a channel. The concept is great and I think NG has some of the best cinematographers in the business, but they need to generate more content or look at airing content from other producers to fill the void.
CubicleGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #4
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

is it on Telus?
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #5
Arya Stark
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Yeah channel 723.

I do agree that they could use more programming but I just record them all and watch them when I can.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arya Stark For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #6
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'll check it out - I don't really watch original NG anymore as they've seemed to fall victim to the same trend as other channels with their reality based programming, which to me is really annoying. I love channels like Oasis, Rad & Smithsonian.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #7
calgarygringo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Am a regular

I am a regular and have been watching it for quite a while. Good stuff on there if you are into more of an educational content. As stated above you do get the repeats so if you are watching it a lot you may get a little frustrated seeing the same one over again in a short time. Still worth having the channel on the dial and is better than many other of the dumb content on there.
calgarygringo is offline   Reply With Quote