Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 AM   #41
Saint Troy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Excellent so far, pretty brutal to watch the parents go through hell though.

Saint Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #42
Professor Successor
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I've got nothing to really add here, other than another voice speaking to the quality of this show and AMC in general. Missed the episode last night, but even with a slightly slow first 45 minutes, I really like the pacing and characters are thus far very well written. I'm curious to see where this will go and what they do for a second season if it gets renewed.
Professor Successor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #43
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought that the premiere was great, but the last two episodes have been pretty weak imo. The way they explained the video was ridiculous.

Spoiler!

I really hope that they don't keep trying to mislead you with who the killer is at the end of each episode, then give some flimsy excuse as to why it isn't the person that they hinted at in the next episode. Adding twists for the sake of adding twists just results in a lousy plot.

Last edited by Ark2; 04-18-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #44
Scrollbar
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I caught up on the episodes this morning, and really liked it so far. A great mystery so far.
Scrollbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:08 AM   #45
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finished watching this past Sunday's episode. My original prediction of the teacher doing it is out the window. Would be too obvious now.

I went on AMC's website to take a look at the suspect tracker they have been promoting after each episode. The AMC public thinks it's the teacher. But on that site, they fail to list Linden as a suspect. Any chance she did it?? Would seem pretty silly, but who knows.

Digging the show, love the mood of it all. Very fitting.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:22 AM   #46
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

After a few relatively slow episodes, I thought tonight's was pretty intense and well acted as well.

I don't love the show, but it's not a bad hour to spend on a Sunday night.

The one thing I didn't like about tonight's episode was how after all the uncertainty about this Adela thing and she just happens to stumble across the key to the case while she's out for her morning jog?? Please. Would have liked them to find it out a different way, but I guess if that's my only real complaint, it's not a bad show at all.

3 more episodes left.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #47
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a waste of an episode that was. Wow. Three episodes left, and they blow an entire one on Linden's kid?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #48
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

This show gets more disappointing by the week.

I don't care how bad your relationship with your ex is, if your child had disappeared, wouldn't one of the first calls you make be to the kid's father?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:54 AM   #49
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Am I the only one who liked the episode?? I thought it was great, and well acted by the two of them.

If you think that episode was just about the disappearance of Linden's kid, you need to dig a little deeper and re think it.
The Following User Says Thank You to VANFLAMESFAN For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #50
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was a filler episode that feels like it was filmed after AMC execs watched the series and said we need one more but we don't want to pay all the actors.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #51
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a horribly slow and painful episode to watch. I really hope it ties into the major story line, because otherwise it was a total waste.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #52
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
It was a filler episode that feels like it was filmed after AMC execs watched the series and said we need one more but we don't want to pay all the actors.
all the AMC shows seem to need a 'bottle' episode where none of the supporting cast are really in it so they can save money

it can either be great, like last seasons episode of breaking bad with the fly

or it can be this

just show the damn killer all ready, that's all I care for
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #53
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
If you think that episode was just about the disappearance of Linden's kid, you need to dig a little deeper and re think it.
Then enlighten us, oh deep one.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #54
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yesterday's episode felt like it added nothing to the plot. Rounded out the two detectives a bit more but nothing amazing. The two episodes prior, however, were great. I foresee a very suspenseful end of the season.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #55
old-fart
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, I forgot this was on last night (luckily I had the PVR set) then, just about to fall asleep I remembered. PVR'd my way throught it and at the end thought WTF was that...

Perhaps I was just a bit too tired, but really it felt like a "so what" episode to me.
old-fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #56
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Then enlighten us, oh deep one.
Not with that attitude.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #57
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANFLAMESFAN View Post
Am I the only one who liked the episode?? I thought it was great, and well acted by the two of them.

I really enjoyed it. It's not abnormal for TV series to have episodes like this. Breaking Bad had the episode where Walt was trying to kill the fly. This was about Linden looking for her son.

You actually learn a lot about Linden and Holder, and their relationship with other characters. It also helped develop the partnership between the 2.

Like I said; I enjoyed it, but it wasn't for everyone.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #58
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

It sets up the final few episodes simply because Linden now trust him and they can act like true partners.

It was a pretty good episode but really points out AMCs cheapness. The overall story suffered.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #59
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe I'm the only one that drew the connection to what Linden was going thru to what the Larsen's and every other victim's families go thru. That's what I thought the episode was truly about on top of the building of their relationship. Linden has first hand experience what it's like to be a parent of a missing kid, and then at the end, she thought she lost him. It was pretty powerful stuff IMO. And maybe after this horrible experience, she will finally get over the last hump and find out who killed Rosie Larsen.

Yes, the story didn't progress at all, but that's fine. I liked the change of this episode. We all know the killer won't be revealed till the end of the season, so why not change it up and dig deeper into the characters.

As an one-off, I really liked last night's episode.

Last edited by VANFLAMESFAN; 06-06-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #60
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
It sets up the final few episodes simply because Linden now trust him and they can act like true partners.

It was a pretty good episode but really points out AMCs cheapness. The overall story suffered.
In some books, the author will devote a chapter or two to a tangent that will help develop the character. Last night's episode had that feel to it and made me wonder if the original Danish series was based off of a book. I didn't mind it at all but I can enjoy the non-intensive process of learning about someone and how they've become what they are.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote