Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #261
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Excellent season.

The Killing started off extremely slow, but got stronger as the show progressed.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #262
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

One of my gripes about this show was that it would always throw one red herring after another at you in an attempt to add twists and turns. To me this got very tedious after a while because you knew almost nothing the detectives did would matter until the last two episodes where they'd finally get on the right track. Twists are already massively overused in tv shows and movies are only interesting when you don't expect them.

That said, I found the final season to be the best by far. They didn't throw any stupid about-face turns in there at all and what was presented in the first episode was relevant right through to the last leaving you with no disingenuous feelings. They also did a tremendous job in building up empathy and emotional attachment to the two detectives through their relations with the character and to each other so that you actually cared what happened to them in the end.

Very well done season, not just for this show which has been rocky at times, but for any show. I throughly enjoyed the season and just wish they could have made every season as good.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #263
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Excellent season.

The Killing started off extremely slow, but got stronger as the show progressed.
Season 2 has the best acting so far. Linden is getting much better character development. What I do like about her character so far is her ability to read situations and her environment better than anyone else. Makes her look crazy because no one
Else can see it. Really well done IMO. Puts her up there with McConahay in True Detective.

What I do not like though is the amount of plot twists. Gets to be a little touch at times. But I will trudge on until I've watched it all.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #264
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got around to watching the final season. Agree with others that it was very well done.

Although the slow start probably hurt it's ability to catch on, four seasons feels appropriate for the series.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote