Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-15-2017, 11:08 PM   #81
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So if you wondered why you watch the NBA even if it's predictable, Embiid going for 46/15/7/7 (blocks) and Simmons going for 18/10/9/5 (steals) tonight would be why. Sixers are definitely the must watch team right now, fun indeed. And if the Lakers were a good organization like say the Warriors or Spurs, Lonzo would be in the D-League right now.

As far as the Raps go, if only they could have closed out the Boston game we might be talking about the most impressive three game road trip in franchise history. Was nice on back to backs to have comfortable fourth quarters both nights.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:31 AM   #82
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm starting to feel sympathetic for Lonzo Ball
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #83
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't say I do. Him and has family are putting in the work for their shoe brand and he's probably already made more money than most of us will in our lifetime, just for being drafted high. I'm glad the Lakers will continue to be mediocre. Gives the other LA franchise some exposure.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:41 PM   #84
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I think people are being pretty harsh on Ball. He's averaging nearly 7 boards and 7 assists per game. His potential is still very high.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:04 PM   #85
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unless he totally changes his jumpshot, his ceiling is basically the worse defensive version of Rondo. Which is still an NBA starter mind you, but in today's NBA you just cannot have your point guard be a terrible shooter and a terrible finisher at the rim. As I said a good organization would have him in the G-League (forgot they changed the name this year) working on changing his jump shot and improving his finishing at the rim. Instead Walton came out today and said Lonzo is gonna keep starting. Not very smart, but the Lakers have been a dumpster fire since Jerry Buss died.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:10 PM   #86
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So did anyone see LeBron make the refs look clowns last night on the floor and then proceed to call them every f bomb in the book on the bench? Remember when Lowry got ejected for essentially nothing a few weeks ago? God the NBA is a joke. That’s why I can never get fully interested in the sport. It’s more like entertainment than an actual sport.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:30 PM   #87
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Delon out for the foreseeable future for the Raps. Dislocated shoulder on the same one he had surgery on already. Sucks, he was playing the best ball of his career the last week, and FVV is passable but not nearly the impact defensive player Delon is.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #88
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Delon out for the foreseeable future for the Raps. Dislocated shoulder on the same one he had surgery on already. Sucks, he was playing the best ball of his career the last week, and FVV is passable but not nearly the impact defensive player Delon is.
So I guess Lorenzo Brown will be Casey's third PG for this 3 PG lineup now. He does have the size FVV lacks so I guess that's a useful. Don't know but he seems like a very fringe NBA player but then again so was FVV.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:22 PM   #89
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I’ve always been pretty impressed with FVV. Sucks
To lose Wright again, but wel’ll be alright.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:41 PM   #90
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Unless he totally changes his jumpshot, his ceiling is basically the worse defensive version of Rondo. Which is still an NBA starter mind you, but in today's NBA you just cannot have your point guard be a terrible shooter and a terrible finisher at the rim. As I said a good organization would have him in the G-League (forgot they changed the name this year) working on changing his jump shot and improving his finishing at the rim. Instead Walton came out today and said Lonzo is gonna keep starting. Not very smart, but the Lakers have been a dumpster fire since Jerry Buss died.
He has a pretty accurate shot though, doesn't he? He just can't get it off under any pressure because of his wonky motion. He also looks like he has a nice finish on the jumper, just a terrible motion at the start. I don't think it would be that hard to fix.

I agree with you though, he should be focused on fixing it.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:17 PM   #91
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
So did anyone see LeBron make the refs look clowns last night on the floor and then proceed to call them every f bomb in the book on the bench? Remember when Lowry got ejected for essentially nothing a few weeks ago? God the NBA is a joke. That’s why I can never get fully interested in the sport. It’s more like entertainment than an actual sport.
There are definitely some things not to like about pro basketball, but this season is shaping up to be extremely interesting with a few very good teams out there. I am more interested than usual.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #92
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

DeRozan's been amazing
Old 11-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #93
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
DeRozan's been amazing
Averaging 6 assists a game over the last 6 games, with no drop-off in his scoring... he's really locked in on that aspect, and it makes a huge difference for this team.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:21 PM   #94
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Averaging 6 assists a game over the last 6 games, with no drop-off in his scoring... he's really locked in on that aspect, and it makes a huge difference for this team.
I have to hunt for it but he has changed up where he takes his shots from. Less long two's and added more 3pters. He is down a little on ppg but last year was an all time high for him and not really a good thing as it was inefficient. His overall fg% is up as is both his 2 and 3pt percentage.

The whole team is taking shots more in the flow of an offense rather than watching DD and Lowry dribble/make moves for 20 seconds before launching a shot.

OG and Miles to me are a big part of the equation. OG keeps nailing that corner 3 and Miles can make a three from the parking lot. Guys are making passes and seeing them get turned into points so they pass it again.

Hope they stick to it cause good golly it's way more entertaining to watch than what they have done for the last few seasons.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:05 PM   #95
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

DD enjoying the holiday season and so stuffed with turkey he has played like one the last two games. A turnover machine and stupid play followed by stupid play. Can't make a shot nor, as per usual, play a lick of defence. If he isn't scoring he might as well sit on the bench. Heck they might as well play the bench as they always look better than the starters.

Ibaka is done and so slow that I'm thinking he is closer to 40 than 30. MU needs to pull some miracle trade to dump him. That or JV or even better both.

Even then it's sure looking like the window is closing rapidly.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:18 PM   #96
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

The roster is a problem, but not half as much as the coach.

You'd be able to put the 92 Dream Team out there and Casey would still screw it up.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:24 PM   #97
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Drake is a funny guy. I love the "It's gotta be the face tats".

They should get rid of Leo and have Drake on all the time.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 06:47 PM   #98
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Fun one in NY between the Lakers and Knicks going on right now
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:24 AM   #99
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rockets are having quite a season. Capella has developed further and they haven't lost with CP3 in the lineup.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:26 PM   #100
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rockets should be grateful they avoided getting Carmelo. No coincidence the Knicks are much improved and the Thunder are a mess. But I still give the Rockets little to no chance to beat the Warriors. To me the only team who has a chance is the Celtics because they can play enough defense to beat the Warriors. Maybe the Spurs too, but I don't think they have enough offense. But there's a reason Mike D'Antoni teams are regular season only teams. It would be fun seeing them lose in 5 to the Warriors in a bunch of 138-135 games though.

Tags
fire them all , i'm better than ibaka , kawhi so serious? , lebronto , time to go nuclear