Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2017, 07:23 PM   #61
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
This will all end once women realize men piss all over the toilet seats and demand men have their own washrooms built.
If you think men are the messy ones, you have never had to clean a women's washroom.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #62
CampbellsTransgressions
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It's a bit strange that the work toilets are always clean, yet in any other public place the toilets are usually a trainwreck.

Who are the coworkers that live a double life?
CampbellsTransgressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:42 PM   #63
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
I don't know how we got to anyone who thinks getting naked in change rooms is okay likes to strut around with their junk showing.
We didn't. We were just simply talking about the dudes who do do that, how they all seem to be of a certain age, and how it's kinda odd.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 08:38 PM   #64
Guest1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I think this will be interesting when dealing with large groups. I mean, I volunteered before helping with the school swimming program, and I can’t imagine trying to get kids wrangled and dressed back up at the end of the program if each one has to go to their own private room. Maybe Puxlut has some insight? I see it as kind of a nightmare for school programs, but maybe it isn’t a big deal to figure out the logistics of getting a dozen or so boys through the shower and dressed after a class.
Seeing as one of the last schools we had in didn't have a male to supervise the boys and they all wound up peeing on each other in the shower, I don't care what they do... just get them out ASAP.
But I don't know how they would do it at the Y... the change "rooms" are pretty big. You could just coral 6-8 into one and tell them to get changed. There are single showers with doors that could get crowded. But the one time I was there, I didn't see a communal shower?
There was a meet in Eindhoven that I was at that had a communal shower off the deck (that had a couple of shower stalls with doors and 10 "open" showers. Then about 6 changing rooms (kind of like team rooms at an arena). But all us swimmers just change under our towels or in our parkas. Or if you're a girl from France or Sweden you just get naked on deck.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:51 PM   #65
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellsTransgressions View Post
It's a bit strange that the work toilets are always clean, yet in any other public place the toilets are usually a trainwreck.

Who are the coworkers that live a double life?
I worked in an office where someone kept flushing their newspaper and clogging the pipes. Offices aren't immune to slobs.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #66
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

A question for the anti-nudes. Do you wear your underwear for massages too?
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:46 PM   #67
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
I worked in an office where someone kept flushing their newspaper and clogging the pipes. Offices aren't immune to slobs.
I worked in an office where a very strange man kept throwing poop into the garbage, then would pull out all of the plastic bags in the recycling bin and scream “there are bags in my bathtub! Call the police!”
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #68
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I worked in an office where a very strange man kept throwing poop into the garbage, then would pull out all of the plastic bags in the recycling bin and scream “there are bags in my bathtub! Call the police!”
You worked with Calgaryblood?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 10:25 PM   #69
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
I am no no-nude, but... I don't really feel the need to remove my underwear for a massage. Is that weird? They are working on my legs and back/shoulders. Is there some kind of tailbone/buttocks massage that I never knew about?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:50 PM   #70
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I am no no-nude, but... I don't really feel the need to remove my underwear for a massage. Is that weird? They are working on my legs and back/shoulders. Is there some kind of tailbone/buttocks massage that I never knew about?
Yes
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2017, 11:58 PM   #71
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
If you think men are the messy ones, you have never had to clean a women's washroom.
So true. Try cleaning a women's washroom at a hockey rink. Man......
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:12 AM   #72
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
Depends what they're working on/type of massage.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:49 AM   #73
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Depends what they're working on/type of massage.

Why so uptight about nudity? I take my d out when I get a scalp massage.
gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gargamel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #74
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think facilities like pools should have a family locker room, but also dedicated men's and women's.

If I'm going with my small child, yes family room so she doesn't need to witness schlongs and start asking questions.

If I'm going myself, I get to men's room, I change, I go. No hassle of individual stalls/showers etc. I don't love seeing a naked man, but a lifetime of playing hockey, I've seen my fair share of them and it doesn't bother me.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:55 AM   #75
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Probably the most important thing I need worked on everytime. And man does it hurt.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #76
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You can work around your gotch, but its a lot easier to have your lower back, glutes, hamstrings etc worked on without it. And draping keeps you covered.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:26 AM   #77
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Back in the day when I took my daughter swimming at the pool in East Vancouver teenager couples would use the 'family rooms' for a quick shag, I thought it was a novel approach to getting some privacy at 15 or 16.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:43 AM   #78
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
The changing norms around nudity in change rooms seems to be symptomatic of growing anxiety and neurosis. Do students even use the showers at school anymore?

It's all well and good to say just have everyone change in private enclosures. But that's not always practical. On a busy public swim at the leisure centre, there are 30-40 guys changing at a time. If everyone had to wait at some kind of private room, getting changed would go from a 5 minute procedure to a 15 minute one. The family change rooms usually have long waiting lines for that reason. It would suck if we had to reduce the capacity of change rooms by 50 per cent to cater to the neurosis of the most anxious users.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper24 View Post
Fear based PC culture controlled by a scared minority.

Let your kids play at the park alone. Help out the stranded person whose car broke down. Shower in public after your swim. Don't live in fear and silliness.
I do think some guys take the hanging out in the changeroom while naked to an extreme. However, I cant help but notice dudes who wrap a towel around their waist while wearing jeans and then change into their gym shorts or swimsuit under the towel while trying to hold the towel with one hand, sort out their clothes with the other and struggling to stay balanced. Its also hard not to notice the dudes who wear swimsuits in the shower. I try to mind my own business but behaviour different from the norm stands out.
No one cares what others do but I think the poster had it right saying that people have so much anxiety and neurosis these days. “Oh no someones gonna see my bare ass so I better keep it covered while I change and shower or better yet I wont shower.”
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #79
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^ Which is why I'm not sure this new rule is going to be beneficial in the long term for society. There's still the sentiment that you should be ashamed of letting your body be seen by others. I get that we don't want people to be out in nudity everywhere, but in a change room? Where the whole purpose to be temporarily nude to change clothes? That's just absurd to ban it from the locker space of the gender specific room.

Why is the human body a bad thing? We're both the same thing.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:08 PM   #80
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargamel View Post
Why so uptight about nudity? I take my d out when I get a scalp massage.
Put that away... Mr CK..
IrishSpring2013 is offline   Reply With Quote