Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2023, 09:30 AM   #6781
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Are heat recovery ventilators becoming more common at all? That seems like the best of both worlds. Air tight house, HRV to exchange outside air without the full energy impact of pumping your heat outside.
I always thought it would make sense to have an exterior air intake to the back of a stove/cooktop that brought fresh air in, and then vented directly out above the stove. The intake opens when the fan turns on.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:32 AM   #6782
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I always thought it would make sense to have an exterior air intake to the back of a stove/cooktop that brought fresh air in, and then vented directly out above the stove. The intake opens when the fan turns on.
Like ever since you were a child?
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:41 AM   #6783
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Let's practice this sentence together, everyone! 1...2...3...

Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2023, 09:49 AM   #6784
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Just as far as my memory goes back, so about 2020.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:56 AM   #6785
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
that made be giggle

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:43 AM   #6786
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
We did too. Unfortunately, 2 of 4 burners are now non-working (less than 5 years old.) Was told it'll cost more than a new stove to fix. Quality these days is really lacking. Samsung Chef Collection.
Samsung is brutal. I think we're gonna bite the bullet and replace our functional but glitchy Samsung fridge and gas range (to induction). Our Samsung washer/dryer kinda suck, too, but not enough to replace yet.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:49 AM   #6787
Nancy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
We did too. Unfortunately, 2 of 4 burners are now non-working (less than 5 years old.) Was told it'll cost more than a new stove to fix. Quality these days is really lacking. Samsung Chef Collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Samsung is brutal. I think we're gonna bite the bullet and replace our functional but glitchy Samsung fridge and gas range (to induction). Our Samsung washer/dryer kinda suck, too, but not enough to replace yet.
Our GE induction range is 11 years old and only the convection fan is non-functional. Our Samsung fridge is about the same age and though functional, all of the clear plastic parts (door bins, drawers, shelves) on the inside have become brittle and cracked/broken. Replacing them all would cost more than a new fridge.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 11:00 AM   #6788
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Are heat recovery ventilators becoming more common at all? That seems like the best of both worlds. Air tight house, HRV to exchange outside air without the full energy impact of pumping your heat outside.
Yeah, they are now part of the building code for new builds. Since 2016 I think.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2023, 12:23 PM   #6789
RogerWilco
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Yeah, they are now part of the building code for new builds. Since 2016 I think.
Well kind of. They are installed in most new buildings because you are allowed to reduce the amount of insulation in exterior walls and roofs if you include one to the extent that it usually covers the cost of the HRV.
RogerWilco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RogerWilco For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2023, 01:52 PM   #6790
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
Read the last few pages that’s not discourse?

“I like to hear different view points to my own”

“Mods please ban him”
For ####'s Sake

Stop Whining

Tonnes of posters have tried to engage you, but you a caricature.

You never responded to this post, which very politely asked you to engage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1crunch View Post
So you hated the vaccine mandates? You hate them so much that in this thread you called for the unvaccinated to get 'retribution'. Against who? Because it was the UCP that created all of the provincial mandates. And now, you're going to support the UCP, to prevent the UCP from putting in more mandates or helping the unvaxed get 'retribution'? Does this make sense?

I understand that Smith has a different view on the matter than Kenney did, but seriously, it's the exact same cast of characters (MLAs) behind her. You know, the ones that supported the vaccine mandates or at least sat by during the vaccine mandates.

The mental gymnastics you have to be doing in your head to support the UCP is mind boggling.

It's like how the anti-vaxxers in the US still love Trump. Trump is very pro-vaccine and has even taken credit for their fast approvals. Yet tons of his own supporters denounce the vaccines, especially for their fast approvals. lol

And what the hell does 'retribution' for the unvaxxed even look like for you?

(I'm participating in a discussion with you, because a few days ago several posters got upset with people bashing you. They instead wanted us to discuss with you. So I'm super excited to hear your thoughts on the matter and for the discussion we can both participate in.)

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2023, 02:13 PM   #6791
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
For ####'s Sake

Stop Whining

Tonnes of posters have tried to engage you, but you a caricature.

You never responded to this post, which very politely asked you to engage.
bruh

Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2023, 02:53 PM   #6792
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
I think your faith and pride in CTV is misplaced but to each there own.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1613338228668473350
The in the video look familiar and here it is the classic interview with Mike Tyson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiJ-hLWoPQk
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 04:42 PM   #6793
Benched
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Gas Stove discussion made me think of the Climate Town video on that topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX2a...el=ClimateTown

Last edited by Benched; 01-30-2023 at 04:59 PM.
Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:03 PM   #6794
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
bruh

Works better if the hyperlink is included, less work: https://forum.calgarypuck.com/profil...ignore&u=14399
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2023, 09:22 AM   #6795
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1620441787738329088
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:58 AM   #6796
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why bother saying it's a two horse race? There are no circumstances where there was ever going to be a third horse here. What a dumb headline.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2023, 11:02 AM   #6797
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Why bother saying it's a two horse race? There are no circumstances where there was ever going to be a third horse here. What a dumb headline.
Apparently an election being even somewhat contested is big news for AB.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 11:02 AM   #6798
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The media is projecting this wrong anyway though, as usual. They're looking at the percentage of votes and saying it's a close race, but that's somewhat misleading. I think that Smith and the UCP have a major problem here because the distribution of the votes is not good for them. They have a commanding lead rurally, and that makes the percentages seem closer than they really are. But when you consider the seats and how those votes are distributed it has to be the NDP with a lead here, and potentially sizeable.

You can win a seat with say one more percent than everyone else. But winning with say 70% of the vote still equals one seat. So, its kind of irrelevant. For a poll like this, it helps even out the percentages, but won't result in more seats.

The media does this every election. It's more evident on the prairies, federally, but it's the same mistake.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 11:06 AM   #6799
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
The media is projecting this wrong anyway though, as usual. They're looking at the percentage of votes and saying it's a close race, but that's somewhat misleading. I think that Smith and the UCP have a major problem here because the distribution of the votes is not good for them. They have a commanding lead rurally, and that makes the percentages seem closer than they really are. But when you consider the seats and how those votes are distributed it has to be the NDP with a lead here, and potentially sizeable.

You can win a seat with say one more percent than everyone else. But winning with say 70% of the vote still equals one seat. So, its kind of irrelevant. For a poll like this, it helps even out the percentages, but won't result in more seats.

The media does this every election. It's more evident on the prairies, federally, but it's the same mistake.
Isn't it the opposite? The UCP vote is much more efficient than the NDP.
The NDP have to sweep Edmonton and surrounding areas and win the majority of Calgary.

The 338 Canada article that Yoho (I know, I know) posted earlier actually talked about that:
Quote:
— The X factor: The regional distribution of votes will matter a great deal in the 2023 Alberta election. Although the Alberta NDP is polling well above its 2019 results, it suffers from a vote efficiency disadvantage. Why? In rural and small-town Alberta, polling shows the UCP enjoys dominant support. It gives Smith’s Conservatives a much higher floor of safe seats.

Put another way, because the NDP vote remains highly concentrated in Edmonton and Calgary, Notley’s party could tie or even surpass the UCP by a handful of points and still lose the election to the UCP.
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...otley-00079299

Last edited by Torture; 01-31-2023 at 11:08 AM.
Torture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 11:07 AM   #6800
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post

It's still a tough go for the NDP though. Calgary has several blue seats, and it's not an easy task to flip all of them, which the NDP pretty much requires. Best case for them is a 3rd party of "crazier than the UCP" to siphon a few percent away.