Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #1581
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

I've never tried cannabis before, but now that edibles are legal, it's got me curious. I know the basics on edibles, start small and wait awhile before ingesting more. I was looking online and saw some chocolates that are 10 MG THC and 10 MG CBD, what kind of affect are those going to have vs something that's just 10 MG of THC?
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:54 PM   #1582
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
I've never tried cannabis before, but now that edibles are legal, it's got me curious. I know the basics on edibles, start small and wait awhile before ingesting more. I was looking online and saw some chocolates that are 10 MG THC and 10 MG CBD, what kind of affect are those going to have vs something that's just 10 MG of THC?
In my experience CBD relaxes the body, and makes you drowsy as apposed to psychotropic effects. That said, edibles typically give you a 'body high' to begin with, and I would be surprised if you could tell the difference between the two.

A lot of people swear by the anti inflammatory benefits of CBD, however, I am not sure how good the science behind that is, and you are probably just doing it for the giggles anyways.

Unless you have an issue with smoking, it is what I would recommend, you can control your dose more easily ie one or two puffs off a joint, the effects are immediate. To me the high is more preferable as well, less sluggishness, more euphoric feelings. Whenever I eat edibles I get glued to the couch, and generally have less fun because I am so lethargic.
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:03 PM   #1583
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

CBD does nothing whatsoever in my experience and that of everyone I know. The essential oils crowd seems to like it.

Indica THC is where you get a body stone.

Sativa THC gets you more giggly and having a good time.

I wouldn't bother with CBD...it's snake oil.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 03:10 PM   #1584
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
CBD does nothing whatsoever in my experience and that of everyone I know. The essential oils crowd seems to like it.

My GF who takes it every night to sleep would disagree with you- It also helps with anxiety. It's something you have to take on a daily basis to start to feel the effects of, it's not like smoking a joint or a eating a gummy, it's much more subtle. It can also be applied topically for aches and pains-

FYI we have no essential oils in the house.
aaronck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #1585
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I mean I'm not ruling out a placebo effect but I bought some capsules not knowing too much, and ended up getting hybrid pills with higher CBD concentrations and I was getting knocked out taking them. And it wasn't even my intention to help me get to sleep necessarily.

Also found they gave me vivid dreams as a non-dreamer. But in terms of feeling "high", I would agree that even a lot of it won't make you feel like that.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #1586
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I have been dabbling with some 20mg CBD caps and the difference to my sleeping patters is noticeable, which helps in a lot of other areas. I was put onto them by a friend who suffered from insomnia for years and CBD really helped him out.

I am not looking to get baked when I take these on a work night but the improvement to my sleep has been significant.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:54 PM   #1587
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:

I don’t know about snake oil, but it has a very limited amount of uses. And it isn’t just harmless. I had some serious irrational anger when I tried taking CBD for pain relief (of an injury). I had to stop the stuff. I mentioned it to my doctor, who said no way it’s that. So I did experimented 2 additional times, and sure enough I was right. It was the CBD.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:58 PM   #1588
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I don’t know about snake oil, but it has a very limited amount of uses. And it isn’t just harmless. I had some serious irrational anger when I tried taking CBD for pain relief (of an injury). I had to stop the stuff. I mentioned it to my doctor, who said no way it’s that. So I did experimented 2 additional times, and sure enough I was right. It was the CBD.
That's rad. You should keep a couple on you at all times in case you get into a fight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 04:27 PM   #1589
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
My god, that seems like a herculean amount. Do you feel any effects when you wake up or has it all been processed?
Everyone is different, but for me I developed some kind of crazy tolerance to cannabis around 2-3 years ago out of the blue. The dispensary employee said that I had the tolerance of a god, to which I replied, "A very unlucky god if that's the case." I don't feel a damn thing the next day.

If I take it alone, literally nothing happens and I've exceeded 50-60mg a few times. At around 30mg+, I can feel a slightly enhanced booze buzz via cross fade, but only after many hours (ie: 2.5 hours after oils vs the typical 90 minutes) and nothing remotely close to what I'm guessing 5-10mg used to do for me. Smoking it is absolutely nothing though even after 4-5 hours. Might as well be cigs.

If I feel remotely close to anything, it's just a slight buzzy feeling on the skin where I presumably turn red (Asian flush). I only generally participated 1-3 times a year prior to me feeling no effects 2-3 years ago though, so I don't think it's a typical higher tolerance issue.

I've chatted with dispensary employees, regular users, individuals in the cannabis industry who then speak to their R&D guys and they're all stumped to my situation. I've tried most of the different methods to consume cannabis and I haven't noticed a difference. I've tried indica, sativa and hybrid, again no difference.

Last edited by DoubleF; 02-06-2020 at 04:30 PM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:29 PM   #1590
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
That's rad. You should keep a couple on you at all times in case you get into a fight.
Well it doesn’t work as quickly as spinach.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #1591
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ness-1.5455005

Quote:
Aurora Cannabis is laying off some 500 workers and replacing CEO Terry Booth, who has stepped down, the company said Thursday.

Terry's out. Deaner you're up.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 04:55 PM   #1592
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve been trying a regimented dose of 10mg of pure CBD oil in the AM for my chronic back pain. I’ve smoked weed habitually for years and never really felt much from smoking CBD. I find it to be helping quite a bit with my daily pain. I don’t really think about it, which I guess is it working. A 10mg dose of THC wouldn’t even touch me with my tolerance so I find it interesting. People say it’s expensive, but it works out to about $1/dose which seems fine by me.

I don’t know, if you have chronic pain I’d recommend trying it, but you do have to “warm up” your receptors with some THC. Mine have been plenty warm for years so I think skipping the THC makes the CBD latch onto those receptors better. Still much research to be done on that front, and, like basically every medication, it won’t work for everyone.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #1593
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterpants View Post
My god, that seems like a herculean amount. Do you feel any effects when you wake up or has it all been processed?
Nothing a venti pike roast and a shot of espresso can’t solve!

I have days when I feel a little groggy, but it goes away after a coffee and a workout. I’ve used sleeping pills in the past, and the “hangover” from weed is much more preferable to that gross metal taste in your mouth and total lethargy.
Tron_fdc is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 08:49 PM   #1594
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
Everyone is different, but for me I developed some kind of crazy tolerance to cannabis around 2-3 years ago out of the blue. The dispensary employee said that I had the tolerance of a god, to which I replied, "A very unlucky god if that's the case." I don't feel a damn thing the next day.

If I take it alone, literally nothing happens and I've exceeded 50-60mg a few times. At around 30mg+, I can feel a slightly enhanced booze buzz via cross fade, but only after many hours (ie: 2.5 hours after oils vs the typical 90 minutes) and nothing remotely close to what I'm guessing 5-10mg used to do for me. Smoking it is absolutely nothing though even after 4-5 hours. Might as well be cigs.

If I feel remotely close to anything, it's just a slight buzzy feeling on the skin where I presumably turn red (Asian flush). I only generally participated 1-3 times a year prior to me feeling no effects 2-3 years ago though, so I don't think it's a typical higher tolerance issue.

I've chatted with dispensary employees, regular users, individuals in the cannabis industry who then speak to their R&D guys and they're all stumped to my situation. I've tried most of the different methods to consume cannabis and I haven't noticed a difference. I've tried indica, sativa and hybrid, again no difference.
Go get a dab rig and smoke some shatter. If that doesn’t get you obliterated nothing will.
Tron_fdc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:33 AM   #1595
Guest1

I was comparing myself to all you boys taking 10-20mcg thinking I wouldn't need as much being a girl. So I took one cap... waited 2 hours:nothing. Took another cap, waited another 2 hours: nothing. Took a third cap, waited an hour and by that time it was time to go to bed. Fell asleep pretty quick, but I didn't feel any less pain. Maybe next time, I'll take 4 right out of the gate and see if that helps?
Do any of you drink and pop caps? I guess that would diminish effects?
I watched Black Panther during my "wait times". Was the CGI really bad in that movie or maybe I was high?
Old 02-07-2020, 08:36 AM   #1596
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The CGI was that bad.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:43 AM   #1597
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
I was comparing myself to all you boys taking 10-20mcg thinking I wouldn't need as much being a girl. So I took one cap... waited 2 hours:nothing. Took another cap, waited another 2 hours: nothing. Took a third cap, waited an hour and by that time it was time to go to bed. Fell asleep pretty quick, but I didn't feel any less pain. Maybe next time, I'll take 4 right out of the gate and see if that helps?
If you're a cannabis newbie, I wouldn't go straight to four next time (others here will disagree). Try two next time and leave it at that. Also, I wouldn't start popping them every couple of hours. Experiment slowly over 2-3 weeks, not quickly over 2-3 days.

I say this because I think cannabis can be so helpful, but if you have a bad experience right out of the gates of being too high, you may be hesitant to try again, which would suck because then you could be missing out on some great benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puxlut View Post
Do any of you drink and pop caps? I guess that would diminish effects?
Drinking/cannabis combo is great. I way prefer a Sativa for that, though. Indica and drinking will make you way too content to just sit on a couch and close your eyes.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:54 AM   #1598
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

100 mg in one evening would make me a Gibbering Mouther.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 11:52 AM   #1599
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm kind of disappointed - I was hoping marijuana would make me chill like everyone has described it to me but it really makes me anxious about everything. It's like everything in my life that I'm successful at managing the stress when I'm not high suddenly becomes extremely stressful. I've tried everything - indica, sativa, edibles, 1:1 THC to CBD. Last night I had a 2.5mg gummy (seriously!) and even then my anxiety increased dramatically when it kicked in.

I guess it's just not for me.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:01 PM   #1600
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Yeah, snake oil probably isn't the right term, CBD is great for sleep, as well as other pain-reducing attributes. But I know what he's getting at with that comment.. think he means if a cannabis rookie is just looking to get high, and gets CBD, he's going to be extremely disappointed. CBD is basically for people who want the pain- relieving/sleep effects, with none of the high. It's completely different from THC in that regard, I wonder how many cannabis rookies have made that mistake.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote