Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2024, 09:42 PM   #101
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
What was their performance like in the rangers game?
9 mins, 42.4 xG%, 40 CF%
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:05 AM   #102
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
9 mins, 42.4 xG%, 40 CF%
Womp womp.

By the eye test I wouldn't say they were bad, just a little too quiet. Also pelts going down I assume is what led to the 9 minutes. Huberdeau was pretty good with the 4th liners.

I really hope they can sustain their strong early play moving forward. A good huberdeau line is something the Flames and Flames fans sorely need.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2024, 08:50 AM   #103
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I'm going to assume that Lindholm was asking for $1M less than the Flames wanted to pay, and the Flames wanted to give him $1M more per year, and because of this, contract talks fell apart.
I lol'd
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 09:15 AM   #104
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Tough road now ... down to 20% and the Blues are on a streak.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 09:29 AM   #105
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Tough road now ... down to 20% and the Blues are on a streak.
It was always a long shot after the start the team had. I am glad that the Flames are looking towards moving players. Though I hope they can string some games together to build momentum into next season.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 10:03 AM   #106
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudfather View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1757089177747812477

Flames have traded the funk (Lindy) for the fun (Kuzzy)!
I mean, it's not unheard of for an employee who's been performing well (pretty close to double) above their pay grade for the last 4-5 years being in a funk because their employer still doesn't want to pay them market value.

Don't get me wrong, we don't have the strength of roster to make Lindy at 8x8 worth it (so I agree we had to trade him, in spite of not wanting to), but there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that he is worth it.

It was a good trade for both sides He led all forwards in ice time last game against WSH and was 81% (9 of 11) in faceoffs. They won 3-2 in OT, which is closer to a playoff final score than their blowout victories are. Until COL fixes their goaltending, VAN is easily the favourite to come out of the West -- and adding a pure 200 foot (Selke runner up) center should be enough to get them there.

Anyway, I digress... the point I wanted to make is that any employee in Lindholm's situation would have been unhappy in Lindholm's position. (Ok, yes he's a millionaire, so it's probably going to be difficult for most to empathize, but I can't do much about that.)
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2024, 11:37 AM   #107
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
I mean, it's not unheard of for an employee who's been performing well (pretty close to double) above their pay grade for the last 4-5 years being in a funk because their employer still doesn't want to pay them market value.

Don't get me wrong, we don't have the strength of roster to make Lindy at 8x8 worth it (so I agree we had to trade him, in spite of not wanting to), but there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that he is worth it.

It was a good trade for both sides He led all forwards in ice time last game against WSH and was 81% (9 of 11) in faceoffs. They won 3-2 in OT, which is closer to a playoff final score than their blowout victories are. Until COL fixes their goaltending, VAN is easily the favourite to come out of the West -- and adding a pure 200 foot (Selke runner up) center should be enough to get them there.

Anyway, I digress... the point I wanted to make is that any employee in Lindholm's situation would have been unhappy in Lindholm's position. (Ok, yes he's a millionaire, so it's probably going to be difficult for most to empathize, but I can't do much about that.)

I get that this isn't the point but if he wanted 8X8 i'm sure the deal would have been signed months ago.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2024, 11:45 AM   #108
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post

Unhappy, sure. However, an unhappy employee can't expect the employer to change their mind based on uninspired play which arguably dragged the whole team down. Lindholm did nothing to justify his salary demands this past year. I think taken in totality, a $7.5/year was a reasonable position for the Flames (or any team in the UFA market) to take.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:12 PM   #109
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

How can they "not have talked contract since September"? That boggles my mind. Like even if they're $1M apart, how do you not even talk through the season like at all.
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:18 PM   #110
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
How can they "not have talked contract since September"? That boggles my mind. Like even if they're $1M apart, how do you not even talk through the season like at all.
I'm sensing there was bitterness over the gap.

Probably mostly from above (murray)
Old 02-13-2024, 12:21 PM   #111
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
It actually seems like it was more.

Conroy said he knew that Lindholm and his camp would not budge from his number, and Conroy had a price he wasn't going over.

Maybe his play would warrant calling them up and moving closer, but he was terrible and mopping around all season. The number should have changed from Lindholms side and he was costing himself money everyday.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2024, 12:28 PM   #112
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Banana - Pickles - Bread

The Sandwich Line
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:36 PM   #113
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

new goal song?
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:22 PM   #114
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Do you have any Math to support that Mathgod?

The current mathematical possibility of the team getting 93 points is something like a 2:1 win to loss ratio in the remaining games. Like 20 wins, 10 losses in the last ~30 games.
Nope, this one was purely gut instinct. Looked at the way they've been playing since the Kuzmenko trade, and figured .650 hockey the rest of the way was very much a possibility.

But last night put a damper on that somewhat.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:29 PM   #115
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
Banana - Pickles - Bread

The Sandwich Line
A banana pickle sandwich? Ew
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2024, 04:19 PM   #116
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
I'm sensing there was bitterness over the gap.

Probably mostly from above (murray)
Blame Murray that Lindholm wanted 9M+

I wouldn't talk to him either if his ask was so ridiculous. Pretty sure all of us scoffed at such an ask...proof will come in the summer that he was totally out to lunch.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:10 PM   #117
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I love his interviews.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2024, 05:18 PM   #118
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

I'll never get enough of this guy. What a character , quick wit, but thoughtful about his words.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2024, 05:51 PM   #119
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

‘He’s blown us away’: Andrei Kuzmenko already a locker-room fave with Flames

https://calgaryherald.com/sports/hoc...om-fave-flames

Quote:
Coleman, like several of his teammates, was asked how he’d go about describing Andrei Kuzmenko to somebody who’d never met the Flames’ latest forward acquisition.

“I’m trying to picture the best cartoon,” Coleman grinned. “But I’m just going to use the word in general. He’s sort of like a cartoon.
Quote:
Certainly, nobody has accused this 28-year-old sharpshooter of being shy. Since it seems like he is on a permanent sugar rush, it’s perhaps not that surprising that he would sometimes sip Pepsi on the bench in Vancouver.
Quote:
“After he scored that goal, he was sitting next to me on the bench, just laughing,” Rooney relayed. “He was saying, ‘I haven’t played this many minutes in a long time!’ I’m like, ‘What are you talking about?’ He said, ‘They didn’t play me this much.’ I’m like, ‘It’s only been five minutes!’ ”
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2024, 07:01 PM   #120
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just heard Kuzmenko say "you know six, nine" and giggle when explaining his jersey number to Wills on 960.

Probably caught that out of context but omg.... this guy is something.