Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
InSutterWeTrust
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default IOBit Advanced SystemCare Pro 3, FULL VERSION Unlimited Downloads for 72 hours

http://www.tipradar.com/giveaway-iob...-72-hours.html

I have been using the free version for about 6months, seems to work fairly well.

Quote:
Advanced SystemCare PRO 3 provides an always-on, automated, all-in-one PC Healthcare Service with anti-spyware, privacy protection, performance tune-ups, and system cleaning capabilities. This powerful and award-winning precision tool fixes stubborn errors, cleans out clutter, optimizes Internet and download speeds, ensures personal security, and maintains maximum computer performance automatically.

InSutterWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I don't really trust anything that claims to do tune-ups, fixes stubborn errors, and optimizes performance. Products that claim such are usually shady.

I'd stick with a pure antivirus/antimalware program that doesn't claim to do everything. Usually optimizations, registry cleaners, tune up your system etc. are all bogus.

The best tune up is for you to go in and uninstall all the Windows components you don't need and to manually stop and deactivate the services you will never use. Then you can deal with caching and hardrive behaviors.

Seeing as how this is free though, go ahead and try it. I've gotten some decent software on these giveaway of the day things (alot is bogus though). Check this site for those
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 01-30-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote