Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-24-2020, 10:14 AM   #121
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
I'm guessing Memphis tries to keep a low profile because most of what he says comes across as self-centered and arrogant

Makes sense keeping David around though, a lone wolf with zero game
He may actually be grateful to Memphis and Tyler now as they stayed true to what Memphis sold him this week.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:56 AM   #122
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
He may actually be grateful to Memphis and Tyler now as they stayed true to what Memphis sold him this week.
Good point. He may not have any social game and cant win comps, but could be easily swayed to vote based on the house
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:13 PM   #123
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Memphis is a giant dick. Someone needs to stand up to him. But he’d make a good final 2. I have to think everyone hates him and no ones voting for him.

I still can’t believe how bad Day and Kevin are at this game. They need to leave just because they’re bringing down the quality of competition.

Cody and Enzo keeping a low profile, in the edits anyways, and that makes them my favourites to win.

I’d love to see David become a key swing vote after Day and Kevin are gone and the rest of the house turn on each other.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:48 PM   #124
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Guessing (and hoping) Memphis' deals, side deals and side-side deals blow up in his face
Old 09-24-2020, 09:36 PM   #125
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Not cool julie. Let’s Day talk for 5 Goddamn minutes and gives Kevin 10s.

There should be a timer and their mic should go dark if they take too long. BBCan would never allow that kind of crap.

Masterful gameplay by Halloween with David. I don’t like her but that was smart.

Day is delirious. Nicole’s move wasn’t game it was personal and race related? Christ you called David an Uncle Tom. And you expect to just be handed the game because racism? What?

There are some fascinating and meaningful discussions about how race affects alliances in BB. Especially in the early weeks. Whatever Day is talking about is not it.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 09-25-2020 at 07:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2020, 01:46 AM   #126
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Having Dr. Will around and a triple eviction week sounds good, just don't let 2 out of the 3 this week be David and Kevin.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:11 AM   #127
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The more and more religious talk by Julie is driving me crazy. I think it was fine with the "do unto others" to start the season because pretty much all religious and non-religious people should be able to get behind that.

But by the season finale we'll be doing at-home Eucharist before crowning the winner.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #128
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Not cool julie. Let’s Day talk for 5 Goddamn minutes and gives Kevin 10s.

There should be a timer and their mic should go dark if they take too long. BBCan would never allow that kind of crap.

Masterful gameplay by Halloween with David. I don’t like her but that was smart.

Day is delirious. Nicole’s move wasn’t game it was personal and race related? Christ you called David an Uncle Tom. And you expect to just be handed the game because racism? What?

There are some fascinating and meaningful discussions about how race affects alliances in BB. Especially in the early weeks. Whatever Day is talking about is not it.
Day has a very deep seeded world view that is built from her own insecurities that leaves her feeling the world has treated her badly, and combined with religious doctrine of divine retribution she believes she deserves something good to happen to her just because it should happen. This world view also leads her to believe when good things happen to other people luck or some higher force (like racism), and not because of actions they have taken to ensure things work out in their favour.

Combined with her own propensity to wear her racial bias's on her sleeve it's would be pretty much impossible for her to build the reciprocal relationships required to succeed at big brother.

I think the producers see Day being outspoken about her bias's as some kind of virtuous empowering message about race. I tend to agree that with her it leans toward racisms, she treats black people differently, expects them to treat her differently, and expects others to treat her differently because she black. And I just don't think that's the message the producers think they are sending, but I'm pretty sure it's the one going out.

I think it's a salient point that there has been a distinctive lack of diversity in winners of this game. But I also think Day is using that as an excuse to disguise her own failings from herself.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2020, 09:37 PM   #129
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why do they make the person leaving the house wear a mask and don’t make Julie Chen? The one leaving the house has 0% chance of infection, but Julie isn’t quarantined 24/7 otherwise.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:32 AM   #130
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Why do they make the person leaving the house wear a mask and don’t make Julie Chen? The one leaving the house has 0% chance of infection, but Julie isn’t quarantined 24/7 otherwise.
Yeah I wondered that myself as there's nearly a 100% higher chance of Julie having the virus than a contestant.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:29 AM   #131
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

^My guess would be for optics
Old 09-28-2020, 08:06 PM   #132
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Hey Kevin, if it weren’t for Day, you’d be considered one of the worst players of all time. You’re Victoria levels of useless. Glad he’s likely gone.

Too bad David didn’t win. I’d have loved it if he could shake things up. Also he may have sent Nicole home, which would be a relief.

Once again, I don’t like Halloween but she’s playing a good game.

Nicole knows feeds exist right? Or is she delusional? Her DRs are so fake. Who is she trying to convince?

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 09-28-2020 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:55 AM   #133
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nominating Kevin and David isn’t even a game move it’s a cop out. LOL at David for taking the $10k. Never change....
Old 10-01-2020, 08:13 AM   #134
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Nominating Kevin and David isn’t even a game move it’s a cop out. LOL at David for taking the $10k. Never change....
He's not going to win. Good move IMO.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2020, 09:13 PM   #135
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL why the hell would production have Will tip the house off about the triple? Idiots.
The surprise is part of the fun, giving these people the chance to prepare kills it.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:19 PM   #136
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
LOL why the hell would production have Will tip the house off about the triple? Idiots.
The surprise is part of the fun, giving these people the chance to prepare kills it.
They didn’t get it until they ####ed up and showed it behind Julie.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:23 PM   #137
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Side 1- Cody, Enzo, Nicole
Side 2- Tyler, Christmas

Memphis not really on a side.

I think if side 1 wins HOH side 2 goes up. If side 2 wins HOH I think Nicole and Memphis go up. If Memphis wins HOH I think Nicole and Tyler go up (process of elimination from the wise guys).

Cody and Enzo look to be in great positions
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:00 PM   #138
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Nicole doesn’t get voted out next to freaking David then there is no hope...
Old 10-01-2020, 10:05 PM   #139
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Enzo is so full of ####... talked all week about wanting to make a big move and votes to keep Nicole over David.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2020, 10:08 PM   #140
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Enzo is so full of ####... talked all week about wanting to make a big move and votes to keep Nicole over David.
He’s the type of player that plays tough as long as someone se has the power.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: