Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #1841
Rubicant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I guess. Just feels like something that would have come up before.
They are slopping the stuff on themselves all the time, or getting splatter on them when bashing one in the head.
So what's the different between that and Negan's blood soaked bat?
Still don't get it.
The show is running out of ideas.
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #1842
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you had an open wound, the guts would infect you I guess. But just getting the stuff on you? No.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:33 AM   #1843
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
If you had an open wound, the guts would infect you I guess. But just getting the stuff on you? No.
I hope that's what they mean... but reading into the episode they made it seem like if they flung walkers into the compound that were all sloppy that people would get sick.

Problem is, a few times already they group has had to cover themselves in guts and blood and walk amongst them to escape.. so how is this any different??

The show really does feel like they are grasping for content now, which is really too bad because there's so much more to give.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:46 PM   #1844
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, they have established that people can get very ill from spreading the dead on them (Gabriel's infection). Why they waited 8 seasons to do it is a valid question.

Flinging the dead into the Hilltop is good old fashioned siege warfare. Unless somehow they wound the people they are going to have start making up some more new rules for this kind of strategy to be effective.

We haven't seen what happens to people with tainted food/water, though it has been implied that it's not something that you want to test out (the bloated well walker, slaughtering the pigs at the prison, the Terminus crew eating an infected Bob leg, etc).

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #1845
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

I think the close up of Lucy may be a part of it. Lob over some softballs covered in barb wire and zombie guts
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:57 PM   #1846
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

It is a little confusing I must say. If they get bit they get an infection and die, meaning it's blood borne. They seem to get zombie guts all over themselves frequently, they must get it in their mouths and eyes but they don't get sick. To top it all off everyone is already infected so it's in the blood stream already. Is there a catalyst in walker saliva?
Old 03-12-2018, 06:34 PM   #1847
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What will flinging guts into Hilltop do exactly? Characters have had guts spread on them with no consequence before. Also why would they do that when they've purposely spared Hilltop to provide food and supplies for them?

A little bit of confusion there. It's like they know/assume all the Alexandria people have congregated at HT, when they shouldn't really know that yet. Or maybe I'm missing something there.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #1848
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
What will flinging guts into Hilltop do exactly? Characters have had guts spread on them with no consequence before. Also why would they do that when they've purposely spared Hilltop to provide food and supplies for them?

A little bit of confusion there. It's like they know/assume all the Alexandria people have congregated at HT, when they shouldn't really know that yet. Or maybe I'm missing something there.
They know that all 3 factions united against the Saviors. They spared Hilltop minus the guy they shot instead of Jerry in the mid-season finale. Then Maggie sent them a dead Savior prisoner in a box, so now they know they not only are defying them, but have prisoners. They know they have to go to some kind of war with Hilltop.

I think they assume that any survivors will head to the last safe place, which is Hilltop.

There are still questions that need answers, but hopefully that straightens a few things out.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 03-13-2018, 09:04 AM   #1849
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

And the thing is, if you got smacked with Lucille before it probably was going to kill you or severely hurt you. So what added value do the guys have?
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2018, 09:30 AM   #1850
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
And the thing is, if you got smacked with Lucille before it probably was going to kill you or severely hurt you. So what added value do the guys have?

I think Lucille was just an example. You could lob over lots and lots of smaller items wrapped with spikes or barbed wire coated in zombie blood / guts.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:19 PM   #1851
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Didn't the Kingdom try something similar?

Ezekiel had pigs feast on zombie corpses before handing them over to Neegan's men as tribute.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2018, 12:02 AM   #1852
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
I hope that's what they mean... but reading into the episode they made it seem like if they flung walkers into the compound that were all sloppy that people would get sick.
They're rotting entrails. Regardless of whether they were walkers or not, rotting entrails lobbed into a besieged compound will indeed cause people to get sick.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 05:56 PM   #1853
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
We haven't seen what happens to people with tainted food/water, though it has been implied that it's not something that you want to test out (the bloated well walker, slaughtering the pigs at the prison, the Terminus crew eating an infected Bob leg, etc).
Don't even bring up the well walker. How could you have a more illogical writing plot than that?

"We need to remove the zombie so it doesn't contaminate the water in that well"

You mean the bloated zombie, with wounds all over the place due to being bit and literally falling into a well for God only knows how long, hasn't already contaminated that well? Really going to drink that water even if your plan to use Glen as live-bait worked? That episode still annoys me.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2018, 06:08 PM   #1854
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, how many more times must we be forced to see Gabriel's struggle with faith and doubt?

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 03-18-2018, 08:27 PM   #1855
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, credit where credit is due: that was a pretty solidly entertaining episode.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #1856
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was ready to give up on this show after an awful first half of the season, but after these last two episodes I'm back on the bandwagon. Great episode tonight. Loved the entire sequence with Rick and Negan, and I think Simon might just be the best character on the show right now. Steven Ogg is just fantastic.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:17 PM   #1857
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

God damn, Why can't they have this for an entire season.

If they cut the season totals back to 12 episodes a year but keep up this quality. I'd be as happy as a clam.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:58 AM   #1858
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That was fun. Rick stupidly makes it too easy for Negan to escape but there was legitimate entertainment value to that episode, and finally some intriguing plot progression. Simon will be an awesome big bad, hopefully he doesn't get it too soon.

What is Jadis doing with him? Trading, keeping prisoner, torturing him for the garbage people? Hopefully she's no longer going to talk in caveman lingo.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:01 AM   #1859
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

If this isn't the last season it should be.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:22 AM   #1860
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
If this isn't the last season it should be.
It is not.