Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2019, 09:25 AM   #681
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
the "rumors" that are coming from Edmonton media are actually ridiculous, a child would be able to see them for the hopeless drivel they are.
Neal+Frolik for Lucic+Russell like what right minded human would ever think we would be close to accepting that
There have been talks between the two teams. But its always the opposite that happens in terms of players that are brought up.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:27 AM   #682
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is a sense of 'good lord we need to move Lucic before expansion' in edmonton. So the local media is going to push that narrative.

Personally, I think that Tre offered a reasonable amount for PRV, and keeps circling around to see if Holland is getting rebuffed by other teams offers, and the Flames are starting to look like a better option.

Holland would be having nightmares of the player thriving in Calgary, but he also wants to improve his team.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #683
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

Fin, formally known as ADragon, just suggested fans should keep an eye on Frolik. I'm assuming he's implying Frolik might be traded. I think I've read this person has lost a lot of credibility recently, but I thought I would throw it out there as we have not had a lot of actual rumors recently.

https://twitter.com/cgytradecentral/...587450880?s=20
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:32 AM   #684
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
Fin, formally known as ADragon, just suggested fans should keep an eye on Frolik. I'm assuming he's implying Frolik might be traded. I think I've read this person has lost a lot of credibility recently, but I thought I would throw it out there as we have not had a lot of actual rumors recently.

ADragon is a liar, and that's not even him anyways. The reddit user said he has nothing to do with that Twitter account.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #685
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
ADragon is a liar, and that's not even him anyways. The reddit user said he has nothing to do with that Twitter account.
Do you know anything about the Fin account then?
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #686
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Do you know anything about the Fin account then?
Well if he's pretending to be a known liar, chances are he's also a liar.

Also claims to be a WHL scout and works for the Stockton Heat? Sounds like BS on top of BS.

Edit: Apparently that Twitter account changes it's handle often, previously going as flaming_hab and CGYscout. And was confirmed to be an Oiler troll previously.

So just more attention starved trolls.

Last edited by AC; 07-17-2019 at 11:46 AM.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 11:53 AM   #687
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Actual rumours come from reputable hockey people.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:56 AM   #688
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Like Friedman who keeps bringing up that Neal for Lucic idea...ugh....
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 11:59 AM   #689
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I have no idea how credible this source is but as I said a few pages back if these teams are discussing a trade I believe Frolik is the player involved from the Flames as I don't believe there's any appetite for the Flames to take on Lucic (don't care what Friedman says). Oilers are very talent thin on the wing and the Flames happen to have a competent winger that they may part with.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #690
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I have no idea how credible this source is but as I said a few pages back if these teams are discussing a trade I believe Frolik is the player involved from the Flames as I don't believe there's any appetite for the Flames to take on Lucic (don't care what Friedman says). Oilers are very talent thin on the wing and the Flames happen to have a competent winger that they may part with.
I'd be good with a Frolik for Kassian swap. Saves the flames a couple million, Kassian provides some grit while being a nhl caliber skater,and is a ufa after this season.

Oilers get a proven 2-way top9 winger.

I don't know if Frolik would accept such a trade but given that he's playing for his next contract, Edmonton is a perfect spot for him to get premium offensive upside opportunity.

Last edited by bubbsy; 07-17-2019 at 12:50 PM.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #691
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

From what I heard from Friedman, he was reasonably clear that he was just spitballing a Neal/Lucic deal based on the understanding that both parties might want to move those deals and that the cap hits are reasonably close. Nothing to see here.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #692
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
From what I heard from Friedman, he was reasonably clear that he was just spitballing a Neal/Lucic deal based on the understanding that both parties might want to move those deals and that the cap hits are reasonably close. Nothing to see here.
Agreed but it does seem like there is interest in Neal from the Oilers side. To me it makes sense to speculate Lucic as the return but then it makes no sense for the Flames. That is where I go back to Russell as the key piece in a return for Neal. The Oilers have young D pushing for spots and the Flames are familiar with Russell. Obviously they have to move out Brodie and one of Stone/Hamonic to make the deal work.

Neal and Stone for Kassian and Russell???
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:57 PM   #693
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
He brought it up with Boomer and when he was confronted/laughed at about it he backed down but then went on two other programs and "spitballed" again.

If he didn't believe it or not have some sort of hint from someone about it I think he'd say it once and let it die. He didn't, and that worried me.

Absolutely hope you are right and its nothing.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #694
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
I'd be good with a Frolik for Kassian swap. Saves the flames a couple million, Kassian provides some grit while being a nhl caliber skater,and is a ufa after this season.

Oilers get a proven 2-way top9 winger.

I don't know if Frolik would accept such a trade but given that he's playing for his next contract, Edmonton is a perfect spot for him to get premium offensive upside opportunity.
You do not want Kassian on your team. He is a mental case who takes bad penalties at the worst times. The guy would cost us multiple games with his stupidity. I like Kassian just where he is, this deal would help the Oilers and hurt the Flames.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 01:06 PM   #695
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

The thing I keep hearing come up is that in Edmonton James Neal is a guy who they could play in their top 6, and that's not really something that will happen in Calgary. Him and Mike Smith were also good friends, so with Smith no longer being on the team and he was the guy who we can fault for selling Neal on Calgary.

But in no way would I want to touch that Lucic contract. Even if they took Stone on as part of that deal too, which they can't afford.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #696
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Agreed but it does seem like there is interest in Neal from the Oilers side. To me it makes sense to speculate Lucic as the return but then it makes no sense for the Flames. That is where I go back to Russell as the key piece in a return for Neal. The Oilers have young D pushing for spots and the Flames are familiar with Russell. Obviously they have to move out Brodie and one of Stone/Hamonic to make the deal work.

I believe Russell has a NMC, which means he needs to be protected in the expansion draft. That makes him a no go.

It's why trading for Russell and Lucic is so laughably bad.
The Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:14 PM   #697
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
I believe Russell has a NMC, which means he needs to be protected in the expansion draft. That makes him a no go.

It's why trading for Russell and Lucic is so laughably bad.
Doesn’t Russell expire before the expansion draft? If not then I agree no go. The Flames will likely need to protect Valimaki, Andersson, and Hanifin for their 3. If they can’t protect Gio no way they let Russell eat up a spot
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:15 PM   #698
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
I believe Russell has a NMC, which means he needs to be protected in the expansion draft.
His contract ends in 2021. He won't need to be protected in the expansion draft.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:17 PM   #699
flamesgod
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post

Would rather have Stone than Russell. Especially when you factor in the extra year remaining on his contract. Russell provides nothing this team doesn’t already have.
flamesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #700
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
And people lined up at Orange Julius
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote