Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2019, 08:06 PM   #1241
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have you played Post Scriptum at all? Wondering how Hell Let Loose compares to it.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:03 PM   #1242
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

If you haven't bought Assassin's Creed Origins or Odyssey yet, the Playstation store has both on sale in a bundle for $39
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2019, 10:14 AM   #1243
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Have you played Post Scriptum at all? Wondering how Hell Let Loose compares to it.
Haven't played it no, but there have been a lot of comparisons drawn for sure
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:38 PM   #1244
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fancy Editions for the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's, Planescape, Neverwinter, Icewind are up for consoles.

The "complete" package has different items versus the individual pieces. God have mercy on your wallet.

https://www.skybound.com/games/beamd...hts-planescape
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #1245
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been hunting for Dragon Quest games on 3/DS with limited success... checked EBGames.ca yesterday and they had new copies of DQVIII: Journey of the Cursed King showing in stock!? I quickly ordered and got my confirmation. I checked again after I showered (only 15 minutes) and it was showing out of stock again.

So, either I got super lucky or it's a website error. I won't get too excited until it ships.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:02 PM   #1246
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I picked those up a long time ago. The problem I have with Dragon Quest is that I inevitably get bored of them after about 10 hours.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:59 PM   #1247
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I told myself I wouldn't spend a dumb amount of money on the steam summer sale this year

I lied
Old 06-30-2019, 07:26 PM   #1248
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
I picked those up a long time ago. The problem I have with Dragon Quest is that I inevitably get bored of them after about 10 hours.
I’ve been playing them on my lunch breaks at work, keeps them pretty fresh.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:15 PM   #1249
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

I still love the original nes dragon warriors
stang is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2019, 08:57 AM   #1250
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
If you haven't bought Assassin's Creed Origins or Odyssey yet, the Playstation store has both on sale in a bundle for $39
Nice! I've actually been re-playing Origins the past couple weeks, I forgot how good it is.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #1251
Deegee
First Line Centre

Exp:

Dragon Quest (Warrior) games are awesome. I play them in my phone, though I wish they would be released for Steam. Finished I & II. Working slowly through III.
Deegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #1252
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I told myself I wouldn't spend a dumb amount of money on the steam summer sale this year

I lied
So far I've spent $60 on Two Point Hospital: Healthy Collection, Far Cry New Dawn, and four really cheap games worth $4 I had on my wishlist. I'm trying not to spend anymore but if I get enough points to get the $6 discount I'll use it on something.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:15 AM   #1253
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegee View Post
Dragon Quest (Warrior) games are awesome. I play them in my phone, though I wish they would be released for Steam. Finished I & II. Working slowly through III.
How do you play them on your phone
Old 07-02-2019, 12:36 AM   #1254
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been catching up on some more games that I've been meaning to play for years but never got around too. This week it's Dragon Age Inquisition, and Titanfall 2

Both are amazing
Old 07-02-2019, 04:55 AM   #1255
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
How do you play them on your phone
I’m playing the originals on my phone too — they’ve released official mobile ports of a big chunk of the series. The first two are super cheap too.

Just double checked and the only ones you can’t play on your phone are 7, 9, and 11.

Last edited by OutOfTheCube; 07-02-2019 at 04:58 AM.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:59 AM   #1256
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I lied

I've held myself to only picking up Post Scriptum (and Insurgency Sandstorm a week prior). I suspect that I'll cave and buy either Darksiders 3 or Nioh.

In the meantime I've been working my way through my backlog of games. Wrapped up AC Unity a month ago. I know that game got a lot of flack (and memes) when it released but I really enjoyed playing it now that it's patched up. I didn't run into a single issue or bug. I think Unity needs to be given a little more credit actually. The crowd sizes in the game are insane. You can actually be the blade in the crowd and it feels incredibly bad ass walking through these massive amounts of people while stealthily killing off guards and targets. I moved on to Syndicate this weekend and while I am enjoying the overall game more, the reduced sizes of the crowds is very noticeable.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:53 AM   #1257
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I’m playing the originals on my phone too — they’ve released official mobile ports of a big chunk of the series. The first two are super cheap too.

Just double checked and the only ones you can’t play on your phone are 7, 9, and 11.
So where do you go for that?
Old 07-02-2019, 06:57 AM   #1258
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
So where do you go for that?
The app store of choice on your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2019, 07:04 AM   #1259
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Just go to the app store. Square Enix has released a number of older DQ and FF titles on mobile. But, as Square Enix does, they are generally pretty pricey for the phone market.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2019, 09:27 AM   #1260
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
Wrapped up AC Unity a month ago. I know that game got a lot of flack (and memes) when it released but I really enjoyed playing it now that it's patched up. I didn't run into a single issue or bug. I think Unity needs to be given a little more credit actually. The crowd sizes in the game are insane. You can actually be the blade in the crowd and it feels incredibly bad ass walking through these massive amounts of people while stealthily killing off guards and targets. I moved on to Syndicate this weekend and while I am enjoying the overall game more, the reduced sizes of the crowds is very noticeable.
100% agree about Unity. I didn't get it until almost 3 months after launch, as I learned back in 2012 with AC3 to never start playing an AC when first released as it's a buggy mess..so by the time I played it the bugs were minimal and it was a smooth experience. Unity is actually criminally underrated, Paris is so beautiful in that game and the combat was probably the best AC combat ever until they completely re-did it in Origins in 2017. I really liked the protagonist Arno as well, he had a good wit to him. Releasing it early (and the PR fallout from it) really sabotaged an actually really good game, it's a shame.

Syndicate is good and the combat a lot faster, but overall I preferred Unity. The grappling hook in Syndicate is a lot of fun, but IMO made the game too easy. You should do Origins/Odyssey after that one (if you're not burnt out on AC by then), they made some drastic changes - mostly for the better. Combat is so different now.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote