Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #221
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Mockingbird!!

Man this show is great right now. It's starting to look like Skye and her dad (and maybe Raina?) are pink Krees. Are we looking at the emergences of Captain and Miss Marvel??

Edit: I also wonder if this opens up the opportunity for Peter Quill to show up on the series. I also think the idea that Fitz died may be out of the question now. He hasn't shown the map-writing symptoms and I doubt they would set him up as an alien as well. They already have Skye for that.

Last edited by Teh_Bandwagoner; 10-22-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Teh_Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #222
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Mockingbird!!

Man this show is great right now. It's starting to look like Skye and her dad (and maybe Raina?) are pink Krees. Are we looking at the emergences of Captain and Miss Marvel??

Edit: I also wonder if this opens up the opportunity for Peter Quill to show up on the series. I also think the idea that Fitz died may be out of the question now. He hasn't shown the map-writing symptoms and I doubt they would set him up as an alien as well. They already have Skye for that.
The interaction between Bobbi and her ex was great.

I don't think that Raina is alien, I think she is changed though. It could be that Skye and her father are Kree.

I think your right on Fitz, I think that Simmons did a great job in this episode.

Raina was at her seductive best last night her interaction with Coulson was really awesome.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:33 PM   #223
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The interaction between Bobbi and her ex was great.

I don't think that Raina is alien, I think she is changed though. It could be that Skye and her father are Kree.

I think your right on Fitz, I think that Simmons did a great job in this episode.

Raina was at her seductive best last night her interaction with Coulson was really awesome.
Raina's storyline is turning out to be pretty interesting too. She has somehow become a three-way agent for Shield, Hydra, and Skye's dad lol!

Also, map props to Shield on the Anchorman reference.

Last edited by Teh_Bandwagoner; 10-22-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Teh_Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #224
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Raina's storyline is turning out to be pretty interesting too. She has somehow become a three-way agent for Shield, Hydra, and Skye's dad lol!

Also, map props to Shield on the Anchorman reference.
Don't forget that Whitehall while a senior Hydra person, stated that he was outgrowing Hydra's aim.

I think there's three bad guy groups this year.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #225
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Holy mother of god what a great episode tonight

Spoiler!

Old 10-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #226
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love the interaction between Bobbie and Hunter. Even their joint fight scenes are awesome. Kinda predictable that Ward would escape though. But I'm excited what his new crazy version does now that he's out.

Also, Bobbie is just smokin' hot. Damn it!
Old 10-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #227
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Loved the I hate Monday Kitten Cup gag.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #228
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Well that was quite the ride this week. That whole psych ward thing they had going for Coulson's memory jog was pretty creepy. Carving those things into people's bodies? Pretty twisted too.

And I gotta say, I really like the angle they're taking with Ward these days. Super capable, but bat crap crazy.

Looking forward to seeing what this whole Kree (?) city is all about.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #229
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

A lot of good stuff in that episode

Spoiler!

Old 11-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #230
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
That "gift" was awesome. "I can arrange a face to face for you with Coulson" That was brilliant.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:54 PM   #231
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!
Another interesting thing is the mention of Baron von Strucker as Hydra's head in Europe. We've seen him in the Winter solder already so will he make an appearance in the TV series?
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #232
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Since he's going to be a primary villain in Avengers 2, I have no doubt that if they can get him on shield they will.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #233
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

When Skye mentioned her friend "Micro", do you think she was referring to Microchip, friend and partner to the Punisher? Does Marvel/Disney have the rights to that character again?

Edit: I should have Googled:

Ghost Rider, Blade, and the Punisher are now free to join Disney's Marvel Universe now that the film rights have reverted to Marvel Studios.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:14 AM   #234
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Dat reveal at the end! I should have known who the Asian lady was. But it didn't click in for me until the reveal. Craziness.

Looks like Ward has really gone off the deep end. Who knew after season 1 that he would go so psycho.

Also gotta say again, Bobbie is just so hot lol.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #235
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I've only watched half of the Tuesday episode so far, and I have to give credit with what I've seen.

That episode up to the half way point was entirely full of crazy and great humor including Coulson sending shield agents out to get his dry cleaning.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #236
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great episode, I really wonder what the doctor is going to do. If he's really working for Whitehall or if it's just a long game for revenge.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #237
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

stuff just got real. that whole looking your enemy in the eye and then doing the slow turn to stare at Whitehall was a great bit of tv.

As well Ward is a complete psycho and he's clearly not trying to redeem himself. He see's himself as a hero already.

Great episode

Old 12-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #238
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Paging CaptainCrunch

Always enjoyed reading your breakdown of the weekly episodes
Old 12-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #239
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I thought it was a very solid episode, was it spectacular no, but I think that's because suddenly we didn't see Skye's father and he's been one of the more interesting characters out there.

The Fitz-Simmons story line didn't really go there except way more awkward as they can't seem to communicate at all.

We have confirmation that the aliens are the Kree, Raina gave the backstory to Skye when she told her that they can both touch the Diviner.

Mack falls into the pit and comes out as a red eyed rage machine, then falls back into the pit, is he dead? Probably not.

When Bobby and Mack had that conversation about the other thing, are they Hydra?

Ward comes back at his creepy best and takes Skye and Raina off of the jet, but refuses the order by Whitehall to shoot down the Shield jet. Whitehall countermands that order. I'm sure that Ward still considers himself a misunderstood good guy. He's a way stronger actor as a villain then he was last year. He plays the psycho really well. The only actor that did it better in my mind was David Boreanaz when he went Angelus in season 2 of Buffy the Vampire slayer and became the best villain in that show outside of the Mayor.

Raina was just amazing in that, she's like a snake she's very cool and calm but she's incredibly treacherous, she desperately wants to know whats going to happen to her. Ruth Negga has done a great job. I laughed out loud at the line by Skye about the flowered dress.

We also got the doppelganger agent 34? wearing Melinda's face.

I think this episode was about setting up for the final track before the show goes on break and Agent Carter takes over. There was nothing earth shattering except for the story of the Kree. But it had two key cliff hangers to be solved over the next few weeks.

This show has improved in leaps and bounds from its start and that started when Hydra came out of the darkness and into the light.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #240
cSpooge
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I thought it was a very solid episode, was it spectacular no, but I think that's because suddenly we didn't see Skye's father and he's been one of the more interesting characters out there.

The Fitz-Simmons story line didn't really go there except way more awkward as they can't seem to communicate at all.

We have confirmation that the aliens are the Kree, Raina gave the backstory to Skye when she told her that they can both touch the Diviner.

Mack falls into the pit and comes out as a red eyed rage machine, then falls back into the pit, is he dead? Probably not.

When Bobby and Mack had that conversation about the other thing, are they Hydra?

Ward comes back at his creepy best and takes Skye and Raina off of the jet, but refuses the order by Whitehall to shoot down the Shield jet. Whitehall countermands that order. I'm sure that Ward still considers himself a misunderstood good guy. He's a way stronger actor as a villain then he was last year. He plays the psycho really well. The only actor that did it better in my mind was David Boreanaz when he went Angelus in season 2 of Buffy the Vampire slayer and became the best villain in that show outside of the Mayor.

Raina was just amazing in that, she's like a snake she's very cool and calm but she's incredibly treacherous, she desperately wants to know whats going to happen to her. Ruth Negga has done a great job. I laughed out loud at the line by Skye about the flowered dress.

We also got the doppelganger agent 34? wearing Melinda's face.

I think this episode was about setting up for the final track before the show goes on break and Agent Carter takes over. There was nothing earth shattering except for the story of the Kree. But it had two key cliff hangers to be solved over the next few weeks.

This show has improved in leaps and bounds from its start and that started when Hydra came out of the darkness and into the light.
my guess is they were talking about her being Mockingbird.
cSpooge is offline   Reply With Quote