Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

View Poll Results: Topic Organization preference?
Less topics, everything relating to the player in one pile 26 10.16%
More topics that are specific, but to a point 230 89.84%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2018, 03:29 PM   #81
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

All of CP should just be one single jumbo thread.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #82
Willi Plett
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Is really like is we divided the trade rumors and speculation thread into 2. One for rumors, I don’t even care if it was orange julius guy as long as the source is stated and one for I think we should trade this or that.

I don’t always want to read the trade thoughts but I check into the thread in case there’s new rumblings.

And hey we can talk about Sam Bennett in both and most other threads. Another good example though. If we could keep all the we should keep trade love hate Bennett in one thread and just have interesting news in the other thatnwould be great - I missed the news about the hit since I’m tired of the debate.

Also if we have the wows and woahs of Sam Bennett it would be great if mods reduced the derailment of other topics and redirected the poster back to the I love Sam I hate Sam topic to keep things on track.

Bingo I agree bad topics just disappear off the page. Create 100 new only the worthwhile stuff sticks on the page anyway.
Willi Plett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #83
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
^Is that the thread to talk about Sam Bennett or Mark Jankowski. I can't tell.
Both, and also everything else.
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:57 PM   #84
Cycling76er
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Late to the party but a few things I'd love to see:

GDT/PGTs that have just a clear and consistent format. To give a positive example, when PuppetGuy posts a GDT thread he uses a clear and consistent format that is informative.

[GDT] Flames @ Team (or Team @ Flames) time of game MST, channels the game is on.

[PGT] Flames 5, Team 3

Example of bad game threads:

gdt - flames v. poopy coilerhead nong-nongs.

[PGT] Flames 4, Team 5 OT. STUPID LOSER POINTS! WE SUCK THE WORLD IS DOOMED! DISCUSS!

Just a personal irk for me but seeing crappy, hastily written titles (using stupid names for the teams we're playing) for threads that are generally viewed by a lot of users makes me twitch. Specifically seeing PGTs that have some bitchy statement incorporated into the title just sets a crappy tone for those that want to participate in the discussion. Yes, we lost. Maybe some folks just want to talk about the game and not just vent about how bad we are/how our team sucks and we're doomed. Keep your personal statements in your first post.

Any other thread feel free to title your way but for me the game threads would be nice to see some consistency to.

Other one that grates me a bit is the Trades thread. It's "supposed" to be rumors and speculation but just seems to be people flexing their player stats knowledge and playing out fantasy trade scenarios. Doesn't seem like there's much in the way of legitimate trade rumors posted in there. Again, just a personal irk.

I'm not sure how you would moderate threads that get off topic though. I find that most threads aren't worth reading past the second page because they just go too far off topic. I'd prefer to see more threads that are focused.

Last edited by Cycling76er; 10-17-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Cycling76er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cycling76er For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #85
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycling76er View Post

[PGT] Flames 4, Team 5 OT. STUPID LOSER POINTS! WE SUCK THE WORLD IS DOOMED! DISCUSS!

Just a personal irk for me but seeing crappy, hastily written titles (using stupid names for the teams we're playing) for threads that are generally viewed by a lot of users makes me twitch. Specifically seeing PGTs that have some bitchy statement incorporated into the title just sets a crappy tone for those that want to participate in the discussion. Yes, we lost. Maybe some folks just want to talk about the game and not just vent about how bad we are/how our team sucks and we're doomed. Keep your personal statements in your first post.
I really like those silly pgt-titles. I don't come here for the impartiality.
Itse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:49 PM   #86
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
All of CP should just be one single jumbo thread.
That would be an awesome April Fool's on here.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #87
ThisIsAnOutrage
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think the way things are now works well. The mega threads tend to cover general themes, like an ongoing thread about Bennett, while the smaller threads tend to cover specific events, like trades and suspensions. Generally, the community and mods seem to have a good grasp of what warrants a new thread and what does not.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
ThisIsAnOutrage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThisIsAnOutrage For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #88
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Mega threads suck.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #89
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Would prefer less mega threads. I had to click through 5 pages in the Bennet thread just to figure out what was going on cause it definitely wasn't about trading Bennet anymore.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #90
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I really like those silly pgt-titles. I don't come here for the impartiality.
I second this. Some of the "sky is falling" titles are extremely funny even in the gloomy aftermath of a loss.