Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 05-13-2021, 05:19 PM   #3301
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
I’d like to see the new daily case numbers start to be delivered with a “vaccinated” and “non-vaccinated” breakdown. It would send a message to the vaccine hesitant about the value of being vaccinated. I’d also be interested in breakthrough data on 1 dose.
They don't even need to do it for cases. Just do it for hospitalizations. I don't think the US is even tracking breakthrough cases unless it causes severe symptoms or hospitalization.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #3302
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I think Ohio is offering tickets for $1M lotto prize if you get vaxxed. Brilliant!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/ohio-give-...ry?id=77656133
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2021, 07:31 PM   #3303
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
I’d like to see the new daily case numbers start to be delivered with a “vaccinated” and “non-vaccinated” breakdown. It would send a message to the vaccine hesitant about the value of being vaccinated. I’d also be interested in breakthrough data on 1 dose.
That can be taken two ways though. People will use people dying who have been vaccinated as proof they don’t work. Also when we hit 80% vaccinated hospitalizations could actually be equal between vaccinated and non vaccinated if the vaccine is 75% effective. You see this in measles outbreaks.

I don’t think you worry about it too much. I think targeted outreach is a much better solution. Work with at risk businesses to offer clinics, work with church’s and community associations to offer clinics. Set up in shopping malls in under vaccinated areas. Vaccination clinics at schools in the fall with the opportunity to also do parents. Positive outreach will go a long ways to eliminating this.

1558 cases today is 700 less then the same day last week and 500 less than two weeks ago. That’s 7 consecutive days of the 7-day rolling average dropping. Also Ryan Imgrund’s rT tracker for Calgary dropped below 1 for the first time in a long time.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2021, 12:11 AM   #3304
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/13/99657...vaccine-hoaxes
Quote:
Researchers have found just 12 people are responsible for the bulk of the misleading claims and outright lies about COVID-19 vaccines that proliferate on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

"The 'Disinformation Dozen' produce 65% of the shares of anti-vaccine misinformation on social media platforms," said Imran Ahmed, chief executive officer of the Center for Countering Digital Hate, which identified the accounts.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:50 AM   #3305
djsFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trusting sources other than the scientists at the forefront of these vaccines who devoted their lives to do what they do and know what they know is people's first mistake.

Unfortunately my sister is buying into what are likely misinformation articles circulated by uninformed individuals.

I've had (bluntly honest) individuals tell me that the real reason they're resisting the vaccines is because they don't like being told what to do, particularly by government officials.

I really suspect this is the core of the reason for many of the no crowd, and the misinformation articles are just serving as an arsenal for their conformation bias & in some cases, deeply rooted fears.

Now is not the time nor instance to be returning to your rebellious roots though. This is that time when it serves you to just be a "sheep" citizen and just do what you're told. It's good for the future of your family, your friends and your economy.

It's also the only way forward. Banking on piggybacking on the hope of herd immunity because enough of your neighbors will do their humanly duty to get vaccinated is both foolish and selfish.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote