Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2021, 08:38 AM   #21
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
This thread belongs in the whole Election-related threads in their own separate Forum IMO. For some reason just seeing this new thread gave me anxiety. Cos I hear too much about the content of what will end up on here. That said, for every far-out story there often are enough whisps of truth to it... problem is some folks build whole stories around these and manage to link the whisps together. Have ya'll heard about the Wayfair online ordering for the pedo's? .... careful of that rabbit hole. sigh...
Sorry, but that's super dumb and thinking that way is part of the reason why these things gain traction to the detriment of others.

I don't think there are "wisps of truth" in the following QAnon beliefs:
  • Democrats are Satan worshipers
  • Democrats are cannibals
  • Donald trump is fighting a global cabal of sex traffickers
  • California wild fires are caused by Jewish space lasers
  • Angela Merkel is Hitler's granddaughter
  • Obama, Clinton and Soros are planning a coup against Trump
And it goes on and on. Giving these dangerous and fictitious beliefs any credibility is absurd. I mean, just the Jewish space laser one alone is so full of anti-Semitism it should discount the entire belief structure for any rational non-racist person. If it doesn't alienate you that's an absolute issue that requires some self reflection.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 08:59 AM   #22
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Peak Q was the story that JFK jr. Was going to come back to life in order to claim his revenge against the Deep state for murdering his father. That would have been sweet.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:26 AM   #23
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Sorry, but that's super dumb and thinking that way is part of the reason why these things gain traction to the detriment of others.

And it goes on and on. Giving these dangerous and fictitious beliefs any credibility is absurd. I mean, just the Jewish space laser one alone is so full of anti-Semitism it should discount the entire belief structure for any rational non-racist person. If it doesn't alienate you that's an absolute issue that requires some self reflection.
Look, with respect to the bolded part above, I'm not saying you're a satanic, canibal, sex trafficing, coup planning, space laser engineer, whos last name is ....Itler...., yeah, "Itler", no "H" at all...but that is the kind of thing one would say.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 09:34 AM   #24
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Somewhere out there a single tear is slowly making its way down tower’s cheek.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:01 AM   #25
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:

How can any person of even low intelligence believe this. It boggles my mind.

It has to be some kind of persecution type syndrome where they have to believe outlandish things to explain why their lives are not going the way they want?

I ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. The psychology behind this is beyond my comprehension.
Wastedyouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:29 AM   #26
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post

It has to be some kind of persecution type syndrome where they have to believe outlandish things to explain why their lives are not going the way they want?

It's a bit easier to comprehend how they can believe absurdities once you realize there is a link between Christianity and support for QAnon.

Washington Post research finds identification with QAnon, Christian nationalism, Donald Trump and anti-Semitism are tightly linked. (open in incognito to read the article)

NPR article on how "QAnon Conspiracy Is Spreading In Christian Communities Across The U.S.".

CNN, "How QAnon uses religion to lure unsuspecting Christians".

With many Christians (not all and certainly none of the ones on CP), you already have a group completely willing to accept an alternate reality where there is a three-in-one omnipotent being in control of the universe, there are angels, demons, a devil, virgin birth, etc. etc. If you don't believe their message, you go to hell. They're somehow the chosen ones because they believe in a guy even though they believe in him based on the time and place of their birth, but they just ignore that. And perhaps most important of all, they believe in the ultimate conspiracy theory - that Jesus (or God, but they're the same?) is going to come back to earth and somehow cleanse it. It's just so obviously ridiculous, but they're indoctrinated from birth in many cases so I guess they've had the chip activated in their head where they can accept the absurd. That leaves them wide open for manipulation...enter Q.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 11:29 AM   #27
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I just wanted to correct and add. Democrats are “Pedovores” as the eat children.

The JKF jr coming back is a big one. The Toronto Socialites who were murdered (by either the Trudeaus or Clinton’s) founded Hydroxychloroquine, Chemtrails, every politician is guilty of treason and going to “gitmo”, all trumps tweets were coded messages, they (the QAnons) have to post in their own language as certain words are watched for and, what ever the heck “tik took” means. On a more local front Trudeau has ties to the ft Mcmurray fires, something about uranium and the truck driver in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash.

My sister is so far down this rabbit hole it is sickening, and sad. Her husband, rather then trying to help has jumped in too. We barely communicate anymore. Although neither of them were “well educated” they ran a Successful business for many years, are extremely hard workers, raised great kids and retired very young They own a beautiful home on a pristine acreage.

There may be some merit to some of what they “believe”. Hollywood’s sexual exploitation of minors was a thing, may still be. The death of Epstein is a mystery, Pizza gate, the Clinton Body Count etc.. But the Royals eating children, Oprah being a man, and the JFK jr being alive all discredit any validity they may have with true mystery’s.

Last edited by Derek Sutton; 02-04-2021 at 11:37 AM.
Derek Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:35 AM   #28
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
I just wanted to correct and add. Democrats are “Pedovores” as the eat children.

The JKF jr coming back is a big one. The Toronto Socialites who were murdered (by either the Trudeaus or Clinton’s) founded Hydroxychloroquine, Chemtrails, every politician is guilty of treason and going to “gitmo”, all trumps tweets were coded messages, they (the QAnons) have to post in their own language as certain words are watched for and, what ever the heck “tik took” means. On a more local front Trudeau has ties to the ft Mcmurray fires, something about uranium and the truck driver in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash.

My sister is so far down this rabbit hole it is sickening, and sad. Her husband, rather then trying to help has jumped in too. We barely communicate anymore. Although neither of them were “well educated” they ran a Successful business for many years, are extremely hard workers, raised great kids and retired very young They own a beautiful home on a pristine acreage.
Oh man, that's sad to hear about your sister.

There was an interesting episode on The Daily podcast where they interviewed a QAnon supporter about her loss of friends and family. This lady was dug right in. It's a good one if you haven't heard it: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/29/p...ory-trump.html
Old 02-04-2021, 11:39 AM   #29
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:

Because legitimate people are giving credence to it. Ever see the stats on how many Canadians thought something fishy happened with the US election, just because Trump spouted off about it a bunch? It’s easy to trick the masses by beating them over their heads with the same thing over and over.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:53 AM   #30
holden
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
There may be some merit to some of what they “believe”. Hollywood’s sexual exploitation of minors was a thing, may still be. The death of Epstein is a mystery, Pizza gate, the Clinton Body Count etc..
Wha?
holden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to holden For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 11:55 AM   #31
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
If you haven't already subscribed, "QAnon Anonymous" has quickly become one of my favourite serial podcasts:

https://castbox.fm/va/1397671

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Thanks for this! I started it last night and it's bananas.
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #32
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just to add to my above post. Drain the swamp, Bill Gates created covid, federal Covid internment camps. They fuel each other’s flames. My sister had over 5000 fans on her Facebook page it got deleted, at one time over 20,000 Twitter followers (account got deleted) and she has 2500 Facebook “friends”, her account is constantly in and out of “Facebook Jail”. Based on this echo chamber she thinks she is doing everyone a major service, so sad. I know she is all about Parlour now so I see things getting worse before anything gets better.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:02 PM   #33
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Wha?
Well merit to some things. I personally find the Clinton Body Count thing interesting. That being said I’m not going to spend all my free time trying to prove anything to others or even caring if they agree or not.

https://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2016/0...-check-it-out/
Old 02-04-2021, 12:07 PM   #34
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Well merit to some things. I personally find the Clinton Body Count thing interesting. That being said I’m not going to spend all my free time trying to prove anything to others or even caring if they agree or not.

https://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2016/0...-check-it-out/
lol, oh wow, dude.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/clinton-body-bags/
Old 02-04-2021, 12:09 PM   #35
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

If someone puts the words "Check it out" into the title of anything, I already assume it going to be pure conspiratorial trash.

And it was.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 12:10 PM   #36
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Bruh, the Clintons OWN SNOPES. So obvs this isn't useable!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 12:37 PM   #37
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
If someone puts the words "Check it out" into the title of anything, I already assume it going to be pure conspiratorial trash.

And it was.
Why would CBS Las Vegas post a story like that?

Last edited by troutman; 02-04-2021 at 12:39 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:47 PM   #38
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Snopes is run by 3 sketchy people with no journalistic training and pretty hard left political leanings. The don't do any investigating beyond google searches.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:19 PM   #39
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I like this because as we ease back from the craziest conspiracy theories we are going to hit a point where posters actually have bought into a theory. So where is everyone's line? AREA 51? N.W.O.? Global Warming?
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misterpants For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 01:21 PM   #40
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Why would CBS Las Vegas post a story like that?
I don't know?

Wait is this a rhetorical question?