Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Door repair/replacement in Calgary

I'm looking to repair or replace my patio door as it has warped and is leaking heat. Anyone have any good recommendations for door places? I've looked online at a couple and most places seem to have mixed reviews. Anyone have any recommendations for companies that they have used in the past?
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:01 AM   #2
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

About 15years ago we had Home Depot replace our patio sliding screen doors with dual-opening French Doors (with no center bar). Best upgrade ever and made an awesome open concept between dining area and deck. Not sure who they sub'd out to, but just saying they may still offer that service.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2021, 11:47 AM   #3
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
About 15years ago we had Home Depot replace our patio sliding screen doors with dual-opening French Doors (with no center bar). Best upgrade ever and made an awesome open concept between dining area and deck. Not sure who they sub'd out to, but just saying they may still offer that service.
Who was the actual Installed subbed out company? I say this because Home Depot has a crap record for subbed out trades in houses.

I say this as a subtrade for other hardware companies who do allot more to protect the consumer than HOME DEPOT.

Not shi ting on them but they could do way better and that subtrade deserves credit for doing good work.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EVERLAST For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Who was the actual Installed subbed out company? I say this because Home Depot has a crap record for subbed out trades in houses.

I say this as a subtrade for other hardware companies who do allot more to protect the consumer than HOME DEPOT.

Not shi ting on them but they could do way better and that subtrade deserves credit for doing good work.
As mentioned I don't recall who was the sub. Since I'm not in the trades and rarely use them I really can't comment any further. That said I do *really* appreciate word-of-mouth recommendations and would sooner do that for the smaller contractor/person than a larger organization. Plus cash helps and the small time guy is more likely to be friendlier and talk/teach me stuff. That's why, Everlast, I went with your recommendation on our furnace issues last year!
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 10:00 AM   #5
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

www.exteriorsystems.ca

Has done all the window / door work on my house.

Small family run operation.