Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2022, 05:19 PM   #61
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
As a Canadian baskeball fan I'm pretty disappointed with Primo. I'm really sympathic to how damaging mental health issues can be, but as soon as you're taking actions that directly inflict psychological or physical harm on another person, that's entirely on you.

I guess he should be thankful that Kyrie is stealing all of the limelight this weekend, when normally this sort of news makes you the top story.
When they are damaging themselves, that's the mental illness, but if it's others... it's personal responsibility? That's not how mental illness works

That kind of analysis lacks any sort of nuance and is based entirely on emotion
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 05:35 PM   #62
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Warriors look awful this season. Then again, I guess when you have 4 rings you don't feel as much urgency to win early season games.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:16 AM   #63
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of teams having some pretty shaky starts to the season. For example, Luka has been torching the league but the Mavs are 3-3, and this is not a great stat to be a part of.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1586727863075610625
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2022, 09:25 AM   #64
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think the Warriors will have any issues. A lot of injured guys played a long season, and it will take to get going. They have assembled some great young talent as well suck enough to get some good picks and the same core wins a title again and the young group are ready to make some impact.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 08:03 PM   #65
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good game from Spicy. Barnes also had a good game.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 10:59 AM   #66
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1587487734406455299
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 11:10 AM   #67
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surprised he even got to come back. He might be a good coach down the line, but that was always a destined to fail situation. Now watch the Nets bring back Udoka lol.
Old 11-01-2022, 12:57 PM   #68
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Even after the train wreck that was his time in Brooklyn. Nash still keeps it’s classy:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1587488767044161538
Old 11-01-2022, 12:58 PM   #69
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Also, you called it Clay

https://twitter.com/user/status/1587508054815571968
Old 11-01-2022, 12:58 PM   #70
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Of course lol. Already a total trainwreck, might as well double down.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:51 PM   #71
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Lol

https://twitter.com/user/status/1587517827073703937
Old 11-01-2022, 09:33 PM   #72
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seems like Nash decided enough was enough and probably approached the team about parting ways. It's too much drama to handle over something every month it seems. I don't know if he's a good or not so good coach, but having idiots around him day after day really wears on you mentally, so I don't blame him. While Irving isn't technically saying he's anti-Jewish, he seems to focus on too much outside the game, just to prove a point. He knows the media is eating it up and will create that controversy if it's a tough subject but he always seems to want to prod around a point without saying what he truly thinks. That's what the media does if you don't give a proper answer, dummy. Anyway, they tried the nice guy Nash, but psychologically what type of coach do do they go to now? I don't buy for a second they'll invite more controversy with Udoka. While he was smeared heavily, there's no way the Nets are that dumb to not try and find a clean guy free of controversy.
bluejays is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2022, 11:47 AM   #73
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't help wonder if the Nets are leaking the Udoka rumours intentionally to see just how bad the pushback would be if they did it. Certainly within media circles, it's hard to imagine a harsher reception to the idea. I've seen articles from respected, level-headed NBA journalists with words like soulless, shameless, disgraceful today.

I also think it just puts your organization in such a vulnerable position. Unless the Celtics made available the full scope of their internal investigation and that there's nothing severely damaging, they'd be in the awful position of knowing at any time, someone in the Celtics org could just leak some salacious details and bring all of those issues up to the surface again. I'm not saying the Celtics would intentionally do that as an organization. Would some employee though go rogue and do that? If your the Nets, I don't know how you put yourself in that position. It's not like Billups where these are 20-year-old rumours that nobody really has an interest in leaking.

So maybe you successfully cover up the current Kyrie news with these Udoka rumours, and then pivot from Udoka to someone like Snyder, and everyone gives you credit for not doing the insane thing.

But Woj says this is going to get announced tomorrow, and he seems pretty tied into Udoka's camp based on the way he reported the original story.

Last edited by octothorp; 11-02-2022 at 04:40 PM.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2022, 12:40 PM   #74
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Back to the Raptors, it sounds like Porter is probable to play tonight after some time away for his wife giving birth. It'll be great to see how he looks, even in limited minutes.

Looking forward to seeing how the Raptors do on a relatively soft stretch of schedule coming up. If they want to be a contender, these are the stretches where you just can't have any let-down.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:11 PM   #75
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
I can't help wonder if the Nets are leaking the Udoka rumours intentionally to see just how bad the pushback would be if they did it. Certainly within media circles, it's hard to imagine a harsher reception to the idea. I've seen articles from respected, level-headed NBA journalists with words like soulless, shameless, disgraceful today.

I also think it just puts your organization in such a vulnerable position. Unless the Celtics made available the full scope of their internal investigation and that there's nothing severely damaging, they'd be in the awful position of knowing at any time, someone in the Celtics org could just leak some salacious details and bring all of those issues up to the surface again. I'm not saying the Celtics would intentionally do that as an organization. Would some employee though go rogue and do that? If your the Nets, I don't know how you put yourself in that position. It's not like Billups where these are 20-year-old rumours that nobody really has an interest in leaking.

So maybe you successfully cover up the current Kyrie news with these Udoka rumours, and then pivot from Udoka to someone like Snyder, and everyone gives you credit for not doing the insane thing.

But Woj says this is going to get announced tomorrow, and he seems pretty tied into Udoka's camp based on the way he reported the original story.

If it is Udoka, it's ballsy, and based on what's out there so far, the guy deserves a second chance as it wasn't 1 year suspension worthy (but more messing with the wrong guys' woman). Still though, they're inviting more drama, so I don't feel bad for them when they'll inevitably have to answer more non-sports questions when things go sour. If he's your basketball guy, fine, but you're telling me you can't find someone in the same range who the entitled players aren't going to poke at? Their whole organization seems to miss the point of bringing in quality personalities who play for eachother and not just themselves.
bluejays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 08:05 PM   #76
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

Men vs boys tonight in San Antonio. Yeesh. Good win.
Trojan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trojan97 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2022, 08:13 PM   #77
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Just turned to it.............what a blowout, wow.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 09:31 PM   #78
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

That game was legitimately hard to watch, it was just... murder. At both ends of the floor. I mean the Raptors weren't even shooting that great for most of it but they scored (checks notes) about 100 points from transition. Pascal with a 22 point triple double in 3 quarters.

Pascal vs. Luka on Friday is going to be quite a thing. If they can be the team that finally holds him to under 30 that alone will be an accomplishment.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2022, 02:18 PM   #79
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love that literally any player on the team can just grab the defensive rebound and push the ball up the court. They're creating transition opportunities out of situations that look harmless.

I'm glad that OG is getting some well-deserved DPOY talk early-on. It seems like the only thing holding him back from all-defense has been injuries, so hopefully he's able to put together a 65+ game campaign this time.
Old 11-03-2022, 05:52 PM   #80
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

The Nets finally grew a spine:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1588316508132114432

https://twitter.com/user/status/1588316913016655872