Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #41
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by locsofblu View Post
Brodie playing himself out of the NHL if he keeps this up.
Well that's just asinine. I can name at least 10 teams that would happily employ T.J. Brodie if they had the chance. Have you seen the defense rosters of teams like Detroit? Ottawa? Edmonton?
Old 10-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #42
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Just curious, but do donations to CP get re-invested back into the site? I kind of assumed CP had evolved into more of a self-sustaining/for-profit venture over the years (with the inclusion of sponsored sections etc).
Trying to decide between a Range Rover with CP on the hood, or a new vacation property.

Thoughts?
Old 10-25-2018, 11:16 AM   #43
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Trying to decide between a Range Rover with CP on the hood, or a new vacation property.

Thoughts?
1. Buy a house in England beside Edwards.
2. We put all you guys through a lot. Please buy beer.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:17 AM   #44
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Wow Peters scratching one of his go to players is interesting to see.
I am so happy!

It means he reads CP!
Old 10-25-2018, 11:23 AM   #45
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Thoughts?
I'd settle for a new hat design.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:23 AM   #46
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good game to attend as Crosby has put on a pretty good show the last few times he's been in Calgary. We don't get to see him often so if you have a chance make sure you go see him.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #47
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Peluso cleared waivers less than a month ago, so he doesn't need to clear again to be sent down.

If Andersson stays up (and paired with Gio too), you have to think Treliving is working the phones trying to free up a spot on the blueline.

It is also decision time on Valimaki. If he plays one more NHL game, his contract kicks in this season. If he doesn't play another game with the Flames this season, it could still slide.
Maybe not popular but based on the past few games I may lean to sending him down. I don't think he's been better than Andersson and I think time in the AHL would benefit Valimaki more than Andersson who's really got nothing to prove at that level.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:27 AM   #48
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by locsofblu View Post
Brodie playing himself out of the NHL if he keeps this up.
But I was told that we could get Nylander for him....if we threw in Frolik to match salaries.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #49
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Just curious, but do donations to CP get re-invested back into the site? I kind of assumed CP had evolved into more of a self-sustaining/for-profit venture over the years (with the inclusion of sponsored sections etc).
I dunno, I just realize that after providing almost 2 decades of entertainment in my life, I think this site deserves some cashola from me. Plus I'm superstitious
Old 10-25-2018, 11:37 AM   #50
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:

Thoughts?
Hats? Bingo needs some warm head wear for a little while.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #51
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
I dunno, I just realize that after providing almost 2 decades of entertainment in my life, I think this site deserves some cashola from me. Plus I'm superstitious
That's cool, I was just curious if it goes to some sort or server upkeep or something (maybe buying Photon a gold watch for all his years of service). The donation thing seemed to be popping up a lot the last few days, so I was thinking I may have missed something. CP is a great community, and if there is a need for stuff like that, I'm sure many of us would participate.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:51 AM   #52
goflamesgo18
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Really hope Gio - Andersson click and become a permanent pairing. Gio has the ability to make his partner a better player and build their confidence.

5-2 Flames
Andersson with 1G 1A and 25:00 TOI
Old 10-25-2018, 11:53 AM   #53
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Wes Gilbertson @WesGilbertson
#Flames quote of the season, so far, courtesy of G Mike Smith on puck-stopping pal David Rittich: “Whatever Salt Bae sprinkled on him in New York, I want a little bit of that too.”
Old 10-25-2018, 12:13 PM   #54
Monahan For Mayor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think Valimaki had a very rough game in MTL. That said Brodie is next on the chopping block if he can't improve. Now that Hamonic is healthy and we are carrying 8 Dmen better show up or it's easy to get scratched.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #55
The Boy Wonder
First Line Centre

Exp:

It is very refreshing to see a coach who is willing to shake things up instead of trying to do the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Great sign that Ryan gets yanked, he hasn't been good so far. by my count we now have had 5 different forwards sit out at least 1 game so far this season, nice to see the rotation keep going, and I like that punishment isn't a long term thing, ie: if someone were to be benched under GG i'd imagine he'd never see the light of day again.

Really looking forward to seeing if they have tried something different with the PP and zone entries
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Boy Wonder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #56
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seven Things to Watch for Tonight
  1. Mark Giordano is two points from passing Pavel Kubina and becoming 113th in all time points as a defenceman in the NHL. One point will tie. To put that in perspective it took Kubina 970 games, and Gio has so far only played 764.
  2. Matthew Tkachuk is one point from tying Jean Pronovost and becoming 72 in all time points as a Flame.
  3. Mikael Backlund is one goal from passing Paul Reinhart and becoming 25th all time as a Flame.
  4. Mark Giordano is one goal from tying Curtis Glencross at 23rd in all times Flames goals. Gio has 113 goals with the Flames.
  5. Johnny Gaudreau will tie Phil Russell in games played as a Flame at 322. Which is the 53rd spot.
  6. Michael Frolik is one assists from a career 200.
  7. Sam Bennett is one goal from tying Mel Bridgman with 45 goals as a Calagry Flame. 45 goals is the 67th spot as it stands now.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 12:19 PM   #57
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Brodie's interference hit at center ice made me lose it.

He's already playing terrible, then to go out and do something so stupid just compounded the misery. I am trying to not make him the new whipping boy, but he's making so easy to do so.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:23 PM   #58
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Wow Peters scratching one of his go to players is interesting to see.
Accountability. I love it. One of my biggest pet peeve with coaches in all sports is when they give preferential treatment to pet players. As a person that was a little skeptical of the hire initially he's been a breath of fresh air in regards to how he doesn't play favorites. Now he's just got to get the powerplay going and a better defensive team game.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #59
The Boy Wonder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post

He's already playing terrible, then to go out and do something so stupid just compounded the misery. I am trying to not make him the new whipping boy, but he's making so easy to do so.
I really don't get the whole "lets attack this player for 2 days on CP because he took a penalty" mentality.

Penalties happen, was it unfortunate timing? Yes but any good team should have an 80% chance or better of killing it off. In my opinion you can't really get after Dmen who take penalties, it just has to be assumed as part of the game, you can prefer they don't but the fact he took one isn't what was so bad about his play.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Boy Wonder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2018, 12:31 PM   #60
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post

He's not playing terrible. He's had some stretches of solid play for this team to start this season. He simply needs to cut down the defensive miscues as his for whatever reason a lot of his seem to end up in the back of the net relative to other players. Also to be fair he's not typically been a big offender when it comes to bad penalties as a person that's been critical of him this year I'm going to give him a pass on that one even though it was a stupid penalty as he doesn't have a pattern of taking bad penalties like Hamilton did or Backlund at times.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread