Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2018, 09:07 AM   #2681
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Be interesting to see if the Panthers look to trade Cam this offseason. His physical style is already starting to take it's toll, and it's not like he's a guy who relies on staying in the pocket and making accurate throws, he's probably going to have a steep decline in a couple years. With the Panthers likely blowing it up this offseason, Cam + a third rounder for the Jags first rounder this year might be good for both teams.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:28 AM   #2682
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Regarding the Saints offensive woes lately; O-line needs to get healthy which is the main issue. Unger going down is huge, when both your C and LT - both Pro Bowlers - go down, you're in trouble. Backup LT Bushrod leaving the game makes it even more dire, Armstread can't come back soon enough. Panthers noticed it and were really keying in on the depleted left side of the line.

The other issue is no secondary receiving threat after Thomas, especially that deep threat. Ted Ginn is rumoured to be coming off the IR any week now, he really needs to come back. Positives for them is that was (most likely) their final road game of the year, being back at the Dome should really help fix things. The D is for real, led by that DL and DeMario Davis. It's not getting nearly enough attention around the league what a stout unit they've become.

Last edited by Sainters7; 12-18-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #2683
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasn't he having his far and away best season before he got injured? They went 6-2 and then he got hurt no? And lost 6 straight?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:46 AM   #2684
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Ray Rice on his domestic violence and Kareem Hunt.

Quote:
"I'll be the first one to say it: I don't have to retire to tell you I'm done with football," Rice said during an interview with "CBS This Morning" on Tuesday. "The pressure I was under of being a star, that was the person I hated the most," he said.

In the interview, in which he appeared with his wife, Janay, Rice said he sees similarities with himself after a video showed former Kansas City Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt shoving and kicking a woman at a hotel last month.

"Well, obviously, you know, you look back and you see the similarities," Rice said in the interview.

Rice said he hates the person he sees in the tapes and he got a second chance when the couple married weeks later.

"I hate that person. I hate him," Rice said in the interview. "... Somewhere down the line everybody who's sayin', 'Does he deserve a second chance for football?' And this that and the other -- I actually got my second chance.

"During my darkest moments, and I used to ask myself, 'How could she even be -- want to support me? ... That's understandable. But I think what's misunderstood about us is that the friends we were before the incident. That's why, like I said, when I look at Kareem Hunt, I wanna know what his life was like. I want to know what happened in life. I know Kareem has apologized, and has expressed remorse for survivors of domestic violence."

Janay Rice says she's never seen the video where her now-husband punches her. She says it was the first and only time he physically abused her.

"I was there. I lived it," she said. "I don't really need to relive it over and over again just to appease the world.

"... It was never a thought whether I was going leave or not, because I knew that that wasn't him in that moment. This is somebody I've known since I was 15 years old. I knew that we had work to do, and I was willing to move forward and put in the work."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-done-football
Old 12-18-2018, 12:23 PM   #2685
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Be interesting to see if the Panthers look to trade Cam this offseason. His physical style is already starting to take it's toll, and it's not like he's a guy who relies on staying in the pocket and making accurate throws, he's probably going to have a steep decline in a couple years. With the Panthers likely blowing it up this offseason, Cam + a third rounder for the Jags first rounder this year might be good for both teams.
I don't think Newton has ever been an extremely accurate passer. He used to have a very strong arm, and other physical attributes which allowed him to make plays.

Right now I think the injuries are really hurting him though. They should just shut him down for the year.

I know he's been a bit of a polarizing figure, but I think the hit's he's taken in previous seasons have been pretty brutal. It has to have taken a toll on him. I have to think the league looked at this, and decided that they can't have this next wave of running style college QB's face the same abuse, hence the way they are calling roughing the passer.

Teams would be interested in him...but like when the Eagles moved on from Donovan McNabb, I think teams might be wary of how much is left in Cam's tank.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:58 AM   #2686
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Newton is only 29 in an age where QB's are playing at elite level into their late 30's. There's nowhere for the Panthers to go but down from Newton. Maybe it's the Madden generation but too many people think that the draft is the solution for QB woes despite many franchises taking decades trying to get this right. It finally looks like the Browns after several decades may have a franchise QB but that's not a given. The Broncos have never recovered from Manning retiring and who knows when they will find a franchise QB. If you have a top 15 QB in this league there is simply no reason to consider moving on because the grass is almost assuredly not greener in the draft or free agency.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #2687
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

As expected....you could tell something was wrong.

Quote:
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton will not play Sunday against Atlanta and is expected to be shut down for the final two games as he continues to deal with a sore throwing shoulder, a league source confirmed to ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ing-cam-newton
Old 12-20-2018, 07:51 AM   #2688
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

One day I hope I can love something as much as Josh Gordon loves weed. Certainly this must be the end of his career

https://twitter.com/user/status/1075761886954749953

Old 12-20-2018, 08:37 AM   #2689
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Some of these are pretty funny if you have some time to kill, check them out. The Drew Brees Fight Club one is pretty good.

https://bleacherreport.com/gridiron-heights
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #2690
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Remember the comparisons here of Gordon cost only a 5th round pick compared to a 1st round pick for Cooper? I hope for his sake he can get his life in order but it appears his NFL career is now over.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:12 PM   #2691
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I can think of a country where weed is legal and they also have a football league.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey Fan #751 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2018, 02:20 PM   #2692
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Let’s go Titans!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #2693
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

And Mariota is out
Old 12-22-2018, 05:03 PM   #2694
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

And Casey goes down, FML
Old 12-22-2018, 05:24 PM   #2695
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ok Ravens, time to lose!
Old 12-22-2018, 05:30 PM   #2696
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thank you Gabbert for doing enough. Now let's go Chargers.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2018, 06:12 PM   #2697
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a weird game, hopefully Marcus can no next week. Go Chargers go
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:23 PM   #2698
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Congrats to Titans fans for living another day. I'm hoping for a KC/TEN rematch this playoffs.

Also the Chargers, for whatever reason just does not worry me as an AFC representative. I feel they can be beaten by either a very good offense or a very good defense, so any playoff team taking them down wouldn't surprise me.
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:02 PM   #2699
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Marty Mornhinweg is trash. lol

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:31 PM   #2700
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nothing funnier then pre-game “ is this finally the year for a Phillip Rivers Super Bowl “

You would think he had been close before ... maybe “is it finally time for a Phillip Rivers Playoff win. He’s only played 12 seasons without one
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote