Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2022, 06:04 PM   #2481
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I type this as I've been waiting 20 minutes at the baggage carousel. Maybe there's something to the carry on bag after all.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 06:07 PM   #2482
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Clients that don't listen RGMGs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
But I told you what I want. It’s your job to figure out how to get it done, laws of physics be damned.
Clients who tell you how to do something and then don't like the results when they see it. But it's somehow our fault. Stop telling us how to do it, tell us what you need done, what the end result should be, and what things can or cannot change.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2022, 06:51 PM   #2483
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Elephant View Post
If it was 1 checked bag free then we wouldn't have this problem.
Then ticket prices would be higher. Would you accept that?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:09 PM   #2484
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Clients who tell you how to do something and then don't like the results when they see it. But it's somehow our fault. Stop telling us how to do it, tell us what you need done, what the end result should be, and what things can or cannot change.
The amount of times I need to repeat this:
“Had you brought me in earlier, as I strongly suggested last time, and the time before, we could have avoided this issue early in the design”.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2022, 07:51 PM   #2485
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
The amount of times I need to repeat this:
“Had you brought me in earlier, as I strongly suggested last time, and the time before, we could have avoided this issue early in the design”.
"I want 27 pot lights in my living room in a fractal design that inspires a clean yet rustic look"

Ok first problem, you only need 4 pot lights.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:20 PM   #2486
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
"I want 27 pot lights in my living room in a fractal design that inspires a clean yet rustic look"

Ok first problem, you only need 4 pot lights.
and you’ll put them exactly where I want them and I don’t care if there’s a joist or a truss in the way. While you’re at it…can we get them on 5 separate circuits with them all on 4 way switching but only one switch on the wall. I don’t want to look at multiple switches. Not sure how to make that work, but you can figure it out. That’s what we want. Just put more on the last breaker, we don’t need a new panel. It’ll be fine. Oh, and they need to change colours…and strobe, by tomorrow for half of what you quoted.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2022, 09:30 PM   #2487
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I love hearing stories like these. I’m not alone.
It’s nice to hear, ya, should have listened to you.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 09:42 PM   #2488
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Then ticket prices would be higher. Would you accept that?
Considering that I always pay to check a bag anyway, I'm gonna go with yes.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Party Elephant For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2022, 11:04 PM   #2489
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
and you’ll put them exactly where I want them and I don’t care if there’s a joist or a truss in the way. While you’re at it…can we get them on 5 separate circuits with them all on 4 way switching but only one switch on the wall. I don’t want to look at multiple switches. Not sure how to make that work, but you can figure it out. That’s what we want. Just put more on the last breaker, we don’t need a new panel. It’ll be fine. Oh, and they need to change colours…and strobe, by tomorrow for half of what you quoted.
With modern LED lights you can put 4-6 times more lights on a circuit from atn amperage standpoint.

Have codes caught up yet or do they still limit it to like 8
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 11:06 PM   #2490
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
I type this as I've been waiting 20 minutes at the baggage carousel. Maybe there's something to the carry on bag after all.
Is it just me, or does it take airlines for ####ing- ever to now bring baggage to the carousel. Like, seriously, wtf is taking so long? Last flight I took, it was like a 45 minute wait. Just seems to constantly be longer and longer. So annoying. Chop chop. No time like the present. Air travel in Canada is torture now.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2022, 11:28 PM   #2491
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Is it just me, or does it take airlines for ####ing- ever to now bring baggage to the carousel. Like, seriously, wtf is taking so long? Last flight I took, it was like a 45 minute wait. Just seems to constantly be longer and longer. So annoying. Chop chop. No time like the present. Air travel in Canada is torture now.
Your life sounds very difficult
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 11:56 PM   #2492
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Your life sounds very difficult
It’s not difficult at all. It’s quite good actually. This is the gear grinder thread. Waiting for stuff sucks.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2022, 12:21 AM   #2493
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I hope you didn’t leave the engagement ring in the case.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2022, 02:29 AM   #2494
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Carry on bag is all I ever do.
Old 09-16-2022, 06:26 AM   #2495
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
It’s really gotten so bad. No wonder no one wants to check bags. You pay extra, and can’t get out of the airport after, because you’re stuck waiting for your luggage. Sometimes I wonder if the higher-ups at the airlines actually use their services and feel the pain points themselves.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 07:59 AM   #2496
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
It’s really gotten so bad. No wonder no one wants to check bags. You pay extra, and can’t get out of the airport after, because you’re stuck waiting for your luggage. Sometimes I wonder if the higher-ups at the airlines actually use their services and feel the pain points themselves.
I haven’t checked a bag in over a decade. I have no idea why people check bags. I take vacations several weeks long and still have no need to check luggage.
I never risk losing my bag and always immediately walk directly out of the airport after my flight, every single time. Do people really need 10 outfits for a week away from home?
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 08:06 AM   #2497
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
I haven’t checked a bag in over a decade. I have no idea why people check bags. I take vacations several weeks long and still have no need to check luggage.
I never risk losing my bag and always immediately walk directly out of the airport after my flight, every single time. Do people really need 10 outfits for a week away from home?
Well it does depend on where you're going and what you're doing there. It also depends on whether you have things to bring back (fluids that are over 100ml for example). I sometimes have a checked bag and sometimes don't. To me, there are advantages to each. If I can check a bag and have nothing to carry around the airport and onto the plane, that's pretty awesome. At the same time, walking off the plane and getting on with your life has some big advantages!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2022, 08:23 AM   #2498
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Do you ever do anything on your vacations that require some equipment?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2022, 08:28 AM   #2499
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
No but I hardly fit into the space of a seat as it is, and value some sense of comfort over waiting 45 mins extra. If there isn’t space in the overhead for a backpack, then I’m boned.

I’ve also never understood the bragging about not checking a bag… it’s like the most bragged about thing I hear in real life. It’s so weird.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2022, 08:34 AM   #2500
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a buddy that overnight fedexed his bag to his hotel in Nashville the day before we left on a trip, rather than check it on the plane. He claims it was cheaper too.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote