Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2022, 09:50 PM   #2401
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Sean Hannity says you’re a bunch of smelly Walmart shoppers and deplorables.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 09:51 PM   #2402
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

While Roger came off a little abrasive, I am still confused about pylon’s GG. It seems like a really dumb thing to be upset over. Actually, maybe the worst GG in this iteration of the thread. It doesn’t even make sense. Like, the tax dollar that went into it? Why be irate over it and why defend it as a legit GG?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2022, 10:10 PM   #2403
Roger
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
While Roger came off a little abrasive, I am still confused about pylon’s GG. It seems like a really dumb thing to be upset over. Actually, maybe the worst GG in this iteration of the thread. It doesn’t even make sense. Like, the tax dollar that went into it? Why be irate over it and why defend it as a legit GG?
Me? Abrasive ?

But seriously, my first post was relatively nice, except telling pylon that his GG was stupid. And if you read my posts, you'll see why I've got such an opinion on this.

Talking about my kid and wintery highways with nowhere to turn? You're god damn right I like the "stupid flashing light" that seems to upset btimbit and pylon so much for no explained reason other than calling it Helen Lovejoy BS.

I'd love to see some of the keyboard warriors stand at the end of my driveway with their kid and watch semis go blasting past on frozen asphalt. But yep, nope, don't need lights because there aren't any seat belts, plus there are other accidents around town and standing by them putting out cones makes one an expert on whether light alerts oncoming traffic.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 10:49 PM   #2404
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Legit or not, he was just expressing an opinion on a message board. It's not like he was actively petitioning the government to remove them. The lights aren't going anywhere so there's no reason to get as upset as Roger appears to be.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 10:57 PM   #2405
Roger
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Makes them way more visible in poor weather and especially fog. Also rural or sparsely populated roads that have dips in them. Pretty strange gear grinder especially since Calgary has had some pile ups due to fog. That relatively recent one on the 22x over the Bow comes to mind. I guess that flashing light being the difference between a loaded semi rear ending a stopped tin can school bus is stupid though.

This is one of the dumbest gear grinders I've read here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Legit or not, he was just expressing an opinion on a message board. It's not like he was actively petitioning the government to remove them. The lights aren't going anywhere so there's no reason to get as upset as Roger appears to be.
"Upset"? Thought I was pretty reasonable there. Sorry that I told pylon that his GG was stupid. Truth hurts?

If you want to see upset, you should see me on the side of the highway while trucks and traffic ignore the lights.

Now piss off. The GG poster didn't even say why the light grinds his gears, while I explained why the light is beneficial.
Old 09-11-2022, 10:59 PM   #2406
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Ok, Don Quixote.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:11 PM   #2407
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

No that’s Roger. Don Quixote is a totally different poster.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2022, 11:17 PM   #2408
Roger
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Ok, Don Quixote.

Dude, why are you even posting on this topic? Do you have kids? Would you enjoy the daily (morningly and afternoonegly) game of hoping that the heavy traffic stops on the highway? Arguing that a f'ing light on the bus is useless? Or do you still hate me from the JG thread?

This is so ridiculous. God damn this place. I don't even want sympathy. I want people to realize that it is stupid that someone even complained about lights on a bus. And now I'm waist deep in #### with a moron. I clearly failed and got pulled down to the idiot level.

Ok. Seriously. Back to the shadows.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:46 PM   #2409
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Dude, why are you even posting on this topic? Do you have kids? Would you enjoy the daily (morningly and afternoonegly) game of hoping that the heavy traffic stops on the highway? Arguing that a f'ing light on the bus is useless? Or do you still hate me from the JG thread?

This is so ridiculous. God damn this place. I don't even want sympathy. I want people to realize that it is stupid that someone even complained about lights on a bus. And now I'm waist deep in #### with a moron. I clearly failed and got pulled down to the idiot level.

Ok. Seriously. Back to the shadows.
I don't hate you. I can't even remember the thread you're talking about.

His complaint has zero effect on your life and the safety of your kids. It's weird that it bothers you so much.

Have a good night.
Old 09-11-2022, 11:47 PM   #2410
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Guy, I've been reading this board for over 10 years. Just because I rarely reply doesn't mean that I don't see that you reply to every damn thing. Nobody needed to look up your post history to know what you do, where you live, and how much of a d-bag you are.
Amazing. Tell us more.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 12:04 AM   #2411
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
An idiot needs only to be better than 1/8th of a cashier for it to be a win for Walmart.
I bet the bar is lower than that. I agree that with the person supervising the self-checkouts and the cost of the machines they probably cost about 1/8th as much as a traditionally staffed cashier lane per self-checkout machine.

But that only requires the AVERAGE user to be 1/8th as efficient as a cashier. And there are some users who will be as or nearly as fast as an actual cashier, especially people with a small number of items, where most of the time is paying not scanning. So the strugglers can be much, much slower than that and the average still comes out way ahead.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 03:37 AM   #2412
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus Christ Roger, sorry, I didn't mean to ruin your whole weekend like that. You're that upset over a forum post? Wow, you even replied to the same post twice, hope you weren't refreshing all day looking for an argument. What an interesting person

Given your rants on the topic I'd think you'd be agreeing with me when I said I'd like to see an actual safety initiative around school busses rather than just "Here's a light, go #### yourself" but I guess you just really like that light. Sorry, didn't mean to ruin your whole Sunday like that.

Get help, holy ####
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2022, 06:16 AM   #2413
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've got a solution to the annoying bus lights problem, just don't have the buses stop, not inconveniencing the road traffic.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 08:17 AM   #2414
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

And a few

As well.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:00 AM   #2415
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
I've got a solution to the annoying bus lights problem, just don't have the buses stop, not inconveniencing the road traffic.

But then some government department would be lobbied by a group of parents for a law that requires a light to flash indicating a jump is imminent.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 09:03 AM   #2416
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
But then some government department would be lobbied by a group of parents for a law that requires a light to flash indicating a jump is imminent.
Bring back LA lights, problem solved.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2022, 10:20 AM   #2417
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love this thread.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 01:07 PM   #2418
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
It's unsafe to travel 70km on deerfoot. Ticket them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
That type of charge is pretty subjective and they would have to be able to show that the driver was driving without care and attention. Just because someone is slower than the flow and might be scared or whatever doesn't necessarily equate to carelessness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Quote:
Unnecessary slow driving prohibited

132. (1) No motor vehicle shall be driven on a highway at such a slow rate of speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic thereon except when the slow rate of speed is necessary for safe operation having regard to all the circumstances. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 132 (1).
That said, I can’t imagine CPS have charged any with it. I’d love to be surprised.
Also, these signs on Deerfoot make it pretty clear that the above law could be enforced on someone going 70 KM/H in a 100 zone, unless road / traffic / weather conditions prevent it.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2022, 01:54 PM   #2419
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I thought those signs were for tractors and forklifts that usually have those signs. There’s no other mention in the law what slow is except if you’re impeding traffic.
Old 09-12-2022, 02:11 PM   #2420
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I thought those signs were for tractors and forklifts that usually have those signs. There’s no other mention in the law what slow is except if you’re impeding traffic.
If that's the case then eh. I still think that "Unnecessary slow driving prohibited" would capture someone driving 30 under the 100 KM/H speed limit of a roadway where the flow of traffic is routinely between 110 and 120 KM/H to begin with.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote