Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2022, 04:51 PM   #2361
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Race to the bottom! Living wage!! Everyone should pay more to honour workers...except me of course.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2022, 04:53 PM   #2362
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I haven’t stepped foot in a Walmart in over a year and I feel like that makes me a better person for it.
It’s been since 2008 for me.

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2022, 04:53 PM   #2363
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Partner and I do Wal-Mart usually once a month, cleaning stuff, toiletries, hygiene etc,is just so much cheaper. Usually I didn't care, would rather spend more at Safeway or Coop, but the price differences are just insane lately.

Early Sunday morning-afternoon, usually fine.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2022, 04:58 PM   #2364
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPresJamesTaylor View Post
Wal-Mart self checkouts have the scanning gun but the strugglers there still take hours grabbing each item, slowly looking for the bar code, holding it to scan, then slowly putting it down. Hey morons, grab the scanner and go nuts. It should take no more than two minutes.
A good way to solve a lot of problems would be if self checkouts could somehow sterilize people that bring more than 15 items through them
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 05:02 PM   #2365
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoFleury View Post
A good way to solve a lot of problems would be if self checkouts could somehow sterilize people that bring more than 15 items through them
Perhaps some sort of hidden 'Spring-loaded Boxing Glove?'

"Item 16 detected....POW!!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 09-11-2022, 05:13 PM   #2366
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
It’s not about doing yard work at 10:30. Nobody cares.

It was the dorky glee and weird assumptions about his neighbour closing his window to avoid listening to it.

That’s fair. In my defence, we’re pretty familiar with these neighbours, and given they have no regard for others, rules of the community restrictions, or local bylaws, my ruining their sleep-in is childish revenge I’m happy to take. I’ve spoken to them regarding issues and never made any official complaints. Power tools are my payback.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 05:54 PM   #2367
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I dunno - I grocery shop at Walmart, I get all my non-perishable food items there - their prices are better than anywhere else!
It's just so much cheaper than anywhere else. I like the massive selection, too.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:05 PM   #2368
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
I feel like 10:30 AM is a perfectly reasonable time to do yard work on a weekend without having to check with neighbours, no?
Yeah, but the contention wasn't whether he should do it or not, he can. It was the excited arrogance of annoying someone that had the gall to sleep in on a weekend morning.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2022, 06:33 PM   #2369
Roger
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Given my first hand account responding to traffic accidents, and the moth effect especially when it comes to drunk drivers, yes I would say the flashing white light is incredibly dumb, and yes you can't convince me it's for safety. I used the lack of seatbelts as an example.

It's so they can pretend they're doing something about safety because it's cheap, while ignoring the fact that school busses are not designed with safety in mind, and actually doing something that would be effective would cost too much money. It's not about safety, it's just about placating the Helen Lovejoys of the world

Yeah, what do I know, I only stand on the road at night during emergencies. I probably don't know a thing about flashing lights

I wouldn't consider it an argument myself. Just people talking. No need to get upset
As we're about to prep lunches for the week, I can't help but think about how f-ing stupid of a reply this is. So what, you're an EMS or a firefighter or something? A person that guards the road? Lol. All this time I thought you were a roadkill squirrel picker-upper or maybe a traffic cone distributor.

Ok, so you've got some real insight into whether flashing lights have value. Have you ever looked at the roof of your firetruck or ambulance? Ever noticed those lights? Moth affect? Really? Drunk drivers across the land are crashing into emergency vehicles and school buses because there is a flashing light? Got any links?

I can't believe you think you have proof that flashing lights are useless, and therefore some kind of "Helen Lovejoy" placater. I'd like to see you at my kid's bus stop one morning in the middle of winter and then call me a Helen Lovejoy after you see gravel trucks and semis slowing down because they could see the beacon over the dip. F'n nerd. Get back to scooping up dead skunks, Mr. Roads.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:56 PM   #2370
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why so cranky? Did your neighbour mow his lawn at 10:30 this morning?
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:57 PM   #2371
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Thoughts and Prayers to the topfiverecords family.

Old 09-11-2022, 07:05 PM   #2372
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Thoughts and Prayers to the topfiverecords family.
Negative. We’re in my bunker.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 07:08 PM   #2373
Roger
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
I actually can't stand your posts or humour, as you know, so replying to you is weird, but since I can shed just a little more light on why btimbit and pylon's GG is so stupid, here's my chance to say why I'm so cranky. I fought with Rocky View Schools, Alberta Transportation, the RCMP, as well as RVC Peace officers before they took how ridiculous my kid's stop was. And now some f'ing whining clowns are sad that they have to look at a flashing light? Oh man. I've got choice words, but I better just stick to my earlier pledge of withdrawing into the shadows for awhile. F'n first world problems. EAD btimbit.
Old 09-11-2022, 07:14 PM   #2374
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Negative. We’re in my bunker.
That is apparently probably for the best. At the moment.

Old 09-11-2022, 07:18 PM   #2375
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
I actually can't stand your posts or humour, as you know, so replying to you is weird, but since I can shed just a little more light on why btimbit and pylon's GG is so stupid, here's my chance to say why I'm so cranky. I fought with Rocky View Schools, Alberta Transportation, the RCMP, as well as RVC Peace officers before they took how ridiculous my kid's stop was. And now some f'ing whining clowns are sad that they have to look at a flashing light? Oh man. I've got choice words, but I better just stick to my earlier pledge of withdrawing into the shadows for awhile. F'n first world problems. EAD btimbit.
lol, chill out, dude.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 07:22 PM   #2376
Roger
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
lol, chill out, dude.
How about you shut the F up? You ever seen a gravel truck lock up meters before rear ending your kid's school bus at 100kph?
Old 09-11-2022, 07:23 PM   #2377
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
lol, chill out, dude.
Alright alright everyone
Shows over
Just toodle along now to your bunkers….
RichieRich is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2022, 07:34 PM   #2378
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
It’s been since 2008 for me.
Had to go once during the high point of the pandemic, I think because of reduced store hours elsewhere. Wal-Mart was the only place open that carried what I needed.

Now I was never one of the ones to fall into that neurotically fearful group when it came to COVID, but holy #### was walking into that place as paranoia-inducing as it gets.

The place was crawling, and the sanitation practice were evidently lacking all around.

I've found these days that Superstore has a similar vibe to Wal-Mart with how overrun that place gets, and the fact that the departments are similarly laid out and everything.

I avoid both unless the occasion calls for it.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 07:47 PM   #2379
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What a #### way to end a great day.

Went to lundbreck with the family.
Not until returning home do I discover I left the wife’s jogger stroller, along with my child’s baby blanket and other clothing, at the pullout at highway junction 22/3. Drive back down, and it’s long gone.

#### me that makes me so sad.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:06 PM   #2380
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
How about you shut the F up? You ever seen a gravel truck lock up meters before rear ending your kid's school bus at 100kph?
I'm fascinated at how your yelling came through even though you didn't use all caps. A tip of my hat to you, Roger Pedactor.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote