Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2011, 11:32 PM   #21
CKPThunder
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Just bought my 50 dollar gift card! going to register it right now then set this up when I get home

*****Registered with a us address no problem. Lets hope it works with netflix now!*****
I hope it works for you. I always thought you weren't allowed to use the pre-paid Visa's for re-occurring payments?
CKPThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #22
amorak
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyway to get netflix running on a jailbroken PS3, so i can still play my game backups?
amorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #23
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Just bought my 50 dollar gift card! going to register it right now then set this up when I get home

*****Registered with a us address no problem. Lets hope it works with netflix now!*****
Update?
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #24
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Got this working on my PS3 but my xbox doesn't work and they recommend setting up the router. I have the Shaw wireless gateway and made the changes but they don't wanna take they keep going back, anyone done this on this gateway/router yet?

Also netflix is all setup and running on PS3 having an issue now with an erection lasting more than 3 hours what do I do? What a difference in selction
This is all up and running on my PS3, Xbox 360, and PC/Laptop. It was a late night looking at all the selections. Its absoloutely worth it.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #25
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I want this.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #26
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

For the PS3 I had to create a new profile to download Hulu Plus because the PS Store doesn't even show the application to Canadian users, and you can't change your regional settings. However, once I downloaded it I could access it with my old profile. Have to get the my credit card today.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #27
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

For some reason the credit card we bought didn't work. It was a citizens bank pre-paid Visa but the instructions to register and check balance etc were for another website instead of the one posted. I tried to do it on the website it said but it locked me out of the card after a couple times saying the info wasn't correct. Did anyone else have that problem?
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #28
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It was so easy. all you do is change your primary dns and secondary and boom working! Highly reccomend for anyone! Set up credit card and everything the prepaid citizens I love it. Long live the que!
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #29
CKPThunder
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
It was so easy. all you do is change your primary dns and secondary and boom working! Highly reccomend for anyone! Set up credit card and everything the prepaid citizens I love it. Long live the que!
This is great news! Did you just change the DNS to the one that was on the usvideo.org site? Doesn't the Citizen's prepaid Visa state that you can't use this card for reoccuring payments? Is this just a warning or will they actually stop payment? Thanks.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #30
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

No Idea but couldn't I just pay netflix each month directly? I will update what happens after the first month. And yes that is all I did

**I don't see anything on their website about recurring payments can anyone help me out with this?***

Found this on visa.ca gift cards

Can I use my Visa Gift card for recurring bill payment transactions such as my phone or cable bill?
You should not use your Visa Gift card for recurring bill payments, such as your monthly telephone or cable bill. For recurring bill payment transactions please use your Visa Credit or Debit card instead. By doing so, you reduce the risk of using a Visa Gift card that has expired or has insufficient funds available.

http://www.visa.ca/en/personal/prepa...rds_faq.jsp#4c

So looks like we can use it they just reccomend you don't so you don't miss a payment

Last edited by fundmark19; 01-19-2011 at 02:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fundmark19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #31
anyonebutedmonton
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Does this work with appletv?
anyonebutedmonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #32
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

fundmark, what creditcard did you buy? The one at the superstore/safe-way? I forget which bank those are buy, but I am thinking to go out and buy one later tonight.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #33
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yup safeway the exact same one as in the link to website
Old 01-19-2011, 02:37 PM   #34
CKPThunder
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyonebutedmonton View Post
Does this work with appletv?
According to usvideo.org, it sure looks like AppleTV is included.

http://usvideo.org/supported-interne...and-streamers/
Old 01-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #35
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

In a review for the usvideo service it said that Xbox360 owners had to jump through other hoops as well, since the Xbox profile is linked to Canada.

True or false?
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #36
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Probably true I would assume you need a us xbox live account. I don't have xbox live so netflix does not run on mine so I cannot confirm
Old 01-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #37
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

My thoughts so far...

The usvideo.org service is very good value for the money as far as what you get out of it. Most people I have talked to prefer it to a VPN service like witopia for example because of ease of use,price and service. Netflix US is so much better than Netflix Canada to the point that if I could only get Netflix Canada I doubt I would subscribe to it. Hulu Plus for 8$ a month on the PS3 is kind of dissapointing, but you can access regular Hulu for free with computer if you are set up with usvideo.org. I think I would only pay for Hulu plus on my PS3 if I ever decided to forego satellite or cable entirely, then it might be worth it. Until I can get all my Flames games in hidef streamed from the internet that won't be happening. I am considering signing up for NHL gamecentre using this visa card and US address to see how that works on the PS3. I would suspect all Flames games would be available with no blackouts. I also installed VUDU on my PS3 and watched my free movie that you get when you sign up. The quality of the video was far better than anything I've seen on the internet, I mean it looked like blu ray quality. Pretty impressed with VUDU but because you have to pay per purchase I likely won't be watching too many movies with them. Apparently they do take Canadian credit cards though so thats a bonus. For me the bottom line is the 13$/month for usvideo.org and US netflix is definately worth it!
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #38
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Plus I have never heard of pandora until yesterday. I can't believe how well it works. For anyone that doesn't know its a streaming music site, basically you make your own radio stations ie: if i type in eminem it automatically starts playing eminem songs on my station then i can add other artists generes etc.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #39
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
My thoughts so far...

The usvideo.org service is very good value for the money as far as what you get out of it. Most people I have talked to prefer it to a VPN service like witopia for example because of ease of use,price and service. Netflix US is so much better than Netflix Canada to the point that if I could only get Netflix Canada I doubt I would subscribe to it. Hulu Plus for 8$ a month on the PS3 is kind of dissapointing, but you can access regular Hulu for free with computer if you are set up with usvideo.org. I think I would only pay for Hulu plus on my PS3 if I ever decided to forego satellite or cable entirely, then it might be worth it. Until I can get all my Flames games in hidef streamed from the internet that won't be happening. I am considering signing up for NHL gamecentre using this visa card and US address to see how that works on the PS3. I would suspect all Flames games would be available with no blackouts. I also installed VUDU on my PS3 and watched my free movie that you get when you sign up. The quality of the video was far better than anything I've seen on the internet, I mean it looked like blu ray quality. Pretty impressed with VUDU but because you have to pay per purchase I likely won't be watching too many movies with them. Apparently they do take Canadian credit cards though so thats a bonus. For me the bottom line is the 13$/month for usvideo.org and US netflix is definately worth it!
Signing up to NHL Gamecenter with a US Credit card is pointless, as location is determined by IP. I don't know how USVideo will work on blackouts.
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #40
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Hmm, that's a good way to be able to access Hulu since the PC version will block all Canadians based on IP and they got smart about VPN and proxy services and are good at blocking most of those too.

I haven't watched Hulu for a year because of that.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote