Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2021, 09:19 PM   #1101
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can someone explain to me why the Dems refused to call witnesses? Just classic Democratic incompetence or was there a 4D chess move behind it that I'm missing?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:45 PM   #1102
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Can someone explain to me why the Dems refused to call witnesses? Just classic Democratic incompetence or was there a 4D chess move behind it that I'm missing?
They knew they weren't going to win, so they decided to wrap it up ASAP, so it wouldn't interfere with Biden's plans. Or at least that's what they said on TV....
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:37 PM   #1103
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandolini%27s_law

I f you control the pulpit, know when to give to people, especially when they aren't fighting a fair game.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:39 AM   #1104
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1360852878831849472
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2021, 07:58 AM   #1105
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
What am I really watching? An unhinged lawyer making claims that a reporter is trying to fact check and he just keeps saying “there is more”? Sorry, who is getting murdered here?? That’s all we’ve heard from that side this entire time. “There is more, but we can’t show you” bla blah blah. More bull####.

I’ll be honest, I stopped 4 minutes in because I can’t handle listening to these whiny babies anymore. So if someone wants to list out any sort of rational argument this maniac is trying to make, ill gladly read it.

Not to mention the yahoo who tweeted it...
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:01 AM   #1106
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Beyond the result being locked in I would guess the GOP threatened to turn witnesses into a quasi-fillibuster by simply calling endless witnesses, no matter how trivial, to drag this out forever. Whole trial was another textbook example of how completely broken America is, in any other Western nation such a trial would be taken seriously because the incident in question is a complete embarrassment to the country. Instead we got to watch a 78th rate Saul Goodman representing the defendant. God Bless America.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:04 AM   #1107
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
What am I really watching? An unhinged lawyer making claims that a reporter is trying to fact check and he just keeps saying “there is more”? Sorry, who is getting murdered here?? That’s all we’ve heard from that side this entire time. “There is more, but we can’t show you” bla blah blah. More bull####.

I’ll be honest, I stopped 4 minutes in because I can’t handle listening to these whiny babies anymore. So if someone wants to list out any sort of rational argument this maniac is trying to make, ill gladly read it.

You have to remember how detached from reality conservatives have become. Like for instance they spent all day Friday trying to convince everyone that Gina Carano actually won by going from the biggest franchise on Earth to direct to streaming movies with Ben Shapiro, Kirk Cameron and Kevin Sorbo. These people don't want to live in the real world anymore.
Old 02-14-2021, 01:01 PM   #1108
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post

I mean, you could have guessed it was going to be a little divorced from reality based on the poster who shared it too.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2021, 01:53 PM   #1109
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I realize that it was the entirety of Biden's platform during the election, but I struggle to see a way forward for the American political system, top to bottom. Every body touched by it loses their damn minds.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:00 PM   #1110
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
He misheard the question and then misquoted her when she rightly asked why is he flipping out. Pretty embarrassing stuff especially when his gripe is misrepresenting evidence. Obviously there is no legal ramifications in an interview, only the expose yourself as dum dum ramifications.

After misquoting her, he then goes on to say "you gotta live by your words... The media needs to start living by the truth, not create a narrative"

What a disaster this guy is... Misquote someone for all to hear, accuse them of not living by their words (that are made up by them for the effect of creating a narrative) then accuse them of fabricating a false narrative. Tough to see how anyone wouldn't dismiss this as BS.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Major For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2021, 02:04 PM   #1111
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I certainly didn’t ask to be PM’d “answers” to my mostly rhetorical post. Feel free to post them here for all to read if you want to stand behind that buffoon.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:15 PM   #1112
Skyceman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I'm no Trumper but I can't say I disagree with his point. There is too much political bias (on both sides) seeping into the news these days.
Skyceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:27 PM   #1113
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Most major media outlets are owned by a few billionaires or conglomerates, who then ply political parties to increase personal influence and wealth, using the outlets to develop public support or to cloud an issue and make sure it never makes the news cycle.

The press is perhaps the most important part of a functioning democracy, and America does not have a free press.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:32 PM   #1114
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyceman View Post
I'm no Trumper but I can't say I disagree with his point. There is too much political bias (on both sides) seeping into the news these days.
But he made the point independently from the interview itself and in order to do that he needed to misquote her to prove his point. So he's actually contributed to false narrative rather than standing against it, and he's not afraid to alter the truth to convince people of his point... Exactly what he was so disgusted about from the trial.
Major Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:34 PM   #1115
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyceman View Post
Agreed, I can't watch CNN or FOX News. he was right about PBS.

His mic toss at the end was good.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:51 PM   #1116
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

*groan*

It's important to know the slant you are likely to receive from any media source, but their record on fact based reporting and reliability is what's most important.

Here, I feel like I need to post this every few weeks or so just to drive the point home. You will note that CNN is nowhere near the same bracket as Fox News. *Further note the difference between web and TV. Fox on TV is horrible.

Last edited by Cali Panthers Fan; 02-14-2021 at 03:54 PM.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2021, 04:03 PM   #1117
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I mean, you could have guessed it was going to be a little divorced from reality based on the poster who shared it too.

Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:35 PM   #1118
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
He misheard the question and then misquoted her when she rightly asked why is he flipping out. Pretty embarrassing stuff especially when his gripe is misrepresenting evidence. Obviously there is no legal ramifications in an interview, only the expose yourself as dum dum ramifications.

After misquoting her, he then goes on to say "you gotta live by your words... The media needs to start living by the truth, not create a narrative"

What a disaster this guy is... Misquote someone for all to hear, accuse them of not living by their words (that are made up by them for the effect of creating a narrative) then accuse them of fabricating a false narrative. Tough to see how anyone wouldn't dismiss this as BS.
Ironically by way of blind partisanship.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:34 PM   #1119
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reuters has always been a bit of the gold standard. Not like those left wing nutjobs at the weather network.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:03 PM   #1120
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I’m surprised that The Weather Channel is shown on the Media Bias chart, and I seriously question their reliability score.

They said we’d see 4” of snow last night, and I woke up to only 1”.

Might as well be Fox News to me.
HockeyIlliterate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HockeyIlliterate For This Useful Post: