Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 03:16 PM   #41
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Who gives up on Nichushkin a year after major hip surgery? No one should. I mean if they want to trade their beast RW prospect for whatever, I am totally down to get that guy on the Flames. That'd be mind blowing. But Nill would be insane in my humble opinion.
Maybe he's lost a step that he'll never get back. People say Phaneuf hasn't been the same since his hip surgery.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:51 PM   #42
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Maybe he's lost a step that he'll never get back. People say Phaneuf hasn't been the same since his hip surgery.
His skating is just fine. IMO, he's been pushed down to less integral minutes with Sharp , Roussell and Eaves having good seasons. Not much room in their top 6 for the guy.

Benn-Seguin-Eaves
Roussell-Spezza(Eakin)-Sharp
Nich-Janmark-Hemsky

I'd be willing to bet he absolutely explodes next season. If they want to sell low thats their perogative, but I really don't think Nich is available.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:58 PM   #43
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

He can't beat out Eaves or Roussell? Ouch. No wonder they are looking for a top 6 winger.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire of the Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #44
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Jimmy Murphy @MurphysLaw74
Told by an NHL & NHLPA source that 2016-17 cap could go down as much as $4 million. If true, interested in what that does to trade deadline
rip kings even though they will find a way around it.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:03 PM   #45
Fire of the Phoenix
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
rip kings even though they will find a way around it.
Somewhere Dustin Brown can't shake the inescapable feeling that he is being watched.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fire of the Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2016, 04:30 PM   #46
Redrum
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire of the Phoenix View Post
Somewhere Dustin Brown can't shake the inescapable feeling that he is being watched.
Knowing the Kings, that last parking ticket he got could cost him just north of 35 mill.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:49 PM   #47
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetric View Post
that went well, LOL
I didn't think it would be in the first place tbh... usually when there's a trade one team really likes, the other team really really hates it.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:59 PM   #48
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is there any site that shows a list of the salary commitments each team has for next season and beyond?

All the sites I know of only show a list of this year's numbers and you can only see what a team has on the books for next season by checking each individual team, which takes too much time.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:08 PM   #49
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Is there any site that shows a list of the salary commitments each team has for next season and beyond?

All the sites I know of only show a list of this year's numbers and you can only see what a team has on the books for next season by checking each individual team, which takes too much time.
Hockeybuzz has capcentral which has full contract breakdown, and then generalfanager
Old 02-12-2016, 06:30 PM   #50
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Nichushkin, Hayes and Drouin. All your young players belong to us.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:19 PM   #51
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hockeybuzz has capcentral which has full contract breakdown, and then generalfanager
Unless I'm missing it, none of them seem to let you see the list of teams' payrolls for any season other than the current one.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #52
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Unless I'm missing it, none of them seem to let you see the list of teams' payrolls for any season other than the current one.
For both GF and Capcentral, you need to go to the bottom of the list, their numbers are totaled down at the end of the list of players for each year.

EDIT: Wow NVM, GF doesn't have that. Capcentral does though.

Double Edit: Capcentral says the Flames have 46M payroll tied up next year (I assume this means with bonuses paid up). Cap payroll is just a tick over 45m tied in.

Last edited by dammage79; 02-12-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:28 PM   #53
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
For both GF and Capcentral, you need to go to the bottom of the list, their numbers are totaled down at the end of the list of players for each year.

EDIT: Wow NVM, GF doesn't have that. Capcentral does though.

Double Edit: Capcentral say the Flames have 46M paroll tied up next year. Cap payroll is just a tick over 45m tied in.
No, you're misunderstanding what I'm asking. I know you can find that information for each team one-at-a-time. I want to see the full list of teams' cap hits for future years like they you can for this season.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:30 PM   #54
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No, you're misunderstanding what I'm asking. I know you can find that information for each team one-at-a-time. I want to see the full list of teams' cap hits for future years like they you can for this season.
Ah, can't help you. Best you can get I guess is capcentral and compile your own chart with their info.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:30 PM   #55
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Who gives up on Nichushkin a year after major hip surgery? No one should. I mean if they want to trade their beast RW prospect for whatever, I am totally down to get that guy on the Flames. That'd be mind blowing. But Nill would be insane in my humble opinion.
No kidding hey?

Just like how insane Fletcher was for trading Ramage and Walmsley for a future HOFer like Brett Hull.

Like what the hell was he thinking?

I'll bet his tears filled that stupid cup he got.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:33 PM   #56
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Nickyshkin is a near perfect fit for the top line if he plays RW. He brings the size and speed that would mesh well with Johnny and Monahan/Bennett and could really take off scoring wise plying with those guys
Not that I disagree, but keep in mind that he has had ample opportunity with Benn and Sequin to take off (and he's still on the ground)
Old 02-12-2016, 08:36 PM   #57
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
No kidding hey?

Just like how insane Fletcher was for trading Ramage and Walmsley for a future HOFer like Brett Hull.

Like what the hell was he thinking?

I'll bet his tears filled that stupid cup he got.
What? Thats still considered one of the absolute WORST trades in Flames history. You kind of proved my point. Hull in the fold could've gotten you two or three more cups on top of that one. Wamsley was crap. Ramage was a good add though.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #58
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't see the dallas trade as much of a reach. Players who come immediately into the nhl after being drafted hit ufa status pretty quickly. Nichuskin has 4 years of team control left if I'm not mistaken... And his el contract is over so he'll probably require a 2 mil cap hit or so next year. He's a good player but he hasn't proven much in the nhl either. That said I like the player and potential fit and would make the trade.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #59
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know Nichushkin for Hudler and Russell sounds too good to be true at first glance, but it actually makes a lot of sense and is probably very fair.

The Stars have the horses to win now. Adding a top 6 winger (that they need) and a top 4 defenseman (that they desperately need) adds the kind of depth that is EXACTLY what they need to become real contenders.

Nichushkin has tons of upside and, being a RW, is pretty much exactly what the Flames need. However, with his hip surgery, he isn't the certainty he once was. There is some risk there (as evidenced by the concerns from Stars fans)

This is just the kind of trade that could be great for both teams. (and what justice it would be for the Flames to be on the opposite side of a trade so similar to the Hull trade)
Old 02-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #60
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
What? Thats still considered one of the absolute WORST trades in Flames history. You kind of proved my point. Hull in the fold could've gotten you two or three more cups on top of that one. Wamsley was crap. Ramage was a good add though.
I disagree totally. That trade was a smart move at the time and paid off huge. Both were good players in their prime. Honestly I'd trade anybody on the flames for a single cup... Gaudreau included. There are no guarantees in the nhl and when you have a window you've got to take it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread