Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2021, 09:32 AM   #3561
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

New Venom trailer:

I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:04 AM   #3562
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
New Venom trailer:

Looks a lot better than the first, which was quite a disappointement.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:35 PM   #3563
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Looks a lot better than the first, which was quite a disappointement.
Really? I think the trailer looks so-so, but I thought the first was way underrated. It wasn't "great" but it was really entertaining.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:15 PM   #3564
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

The creature design for Carnage is kind of so so. What the movie will really need to save it is the Harrelson/Hardy interaction. It does seem, from the trailer, like that's the focus of the movie, but it'll come down to the execution.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:18 PM   #3565
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
New Venom trailer:

I think it looks great! I liked the first one well enough, but Venom vs. Carnage should be great!

Especially since Marvel now has their fingers all over it.

My only reservation is that this movie is going to be heavy, heavy on the CGI...and thats tough to pull off. Just ask Aquaman.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:45 PM   #3566
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Really? I think the trailer looks so-so, but I thought the first was way underrated. It wasn't "great" but it was really entertaining.
It may be the place that I'm in right now.

I just finished re-watching the first Venom, and I'm feeling more charitable to it. I haven't seen it since I watched it in the theatres, though.

I like the symbiote being more aware and active, and found it making him food funny.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2021, 11:25 AM   #3567
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I think it looks great! I liked the first one well enough, but Venom vs. Carnage should be great!

Especially since Marvel now has their fingers all over it.

My only reservation is that this movie is going to be heavy, heavy on the CGI...and thats tough to pull off. Just ask Aquaman.
Venom vs. Carnage should have an R rating like Deadpool. This should be a gory movie. I'm still gonna watch it and love it no matter.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2021, 10:02 AM   #3568
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Oh man the animation on this looks incredible! Spoiler for size.

Spoiler!

One of my favourite cartoons/toy lines growing up. Very excited for this reboot. Skeletor voiced by Mark Hamill!!!! Actually quite a few big names in there:

Quote:
The photos give fans a glimpse at Prince Adam/He-Man (Chris Wood), his nemesis Skeletor (Mark Hamill), Sorceress (Susan Eisenberg), Teela (Sarah Michelle Gellar), Moss Man (Alan Oppenheimer), Beast Man (Kevin Michael Richardson), Orko (Griffin Newman), Andra (Tiffany Smith), Roboto (Justin Long) and Evil-Lyn (Lena Headey).
And look at the imdb:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10826054/

Airs July 23rd.

https://www.cbr.com/masters-of-the-u...premiere-date/

Last edited by GreenLantern; 05-13-2021 at 10:10 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2021, 01:20 PM   #3569
sleepingmoose
Scoring Winger

Exp:

It seems wrong to have Alan Oppenheimer attached to the project and NOT have him do Skeletor - Hamill certainly has the skills (he's hands down the best Joker IMO), but it's going to be hard to match the OG Skeletor when he's also on the same job.
sleepingmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:49 PM   #3570
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingmoose View Post
It seems wrong to have Alan Oppenheimer attached to the project and NOT have him do Skeletor - Hamill certainly has the skills (he's hands down the best Joker IMO), but it's going to be hard to match the OG Skeletor when he's also on the same job.
Watching some interviews with Kevin Smith he talks about how the original cast was made, then he was approached by certain stars and previous He-Man cast members who wanted to part of the project. So they found spots for them.

I believe Oppenheimer was one of those people. So while he is involved in the project, it wasn't like they said Ok cast Oppenheimer as this and not Skeletor. it was more of "hey you were a legend in the previous iteration so lets get you involved because you want to be" which makes sense.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:49 PM   #3571
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingmoose View Post
Oppenheimer is 91. He may no longer have the ability to hit the high notes required for Skeletor. If his abilities are diminishing, it's a nice tribute to have him on board in a lesser role.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2021, 08:15 AM   #3572
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1395015274282295298
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2021, 05:56 PM   #3573
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Oh good another origin story, that's not what we need, but probably what we deserve.

Who am I kidding, Bruce Timm? Put me in cryo until it's done.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2021, 06:29 PM   #3574
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope his parents make it this time.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2021, 07:07 PM   #3575
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's Jjabrams, so it will just be another characters origin story, superimposed upon Batman. Someone that the general public doesn't remember. I'm going with El Dorado!

Quote:
El Dorado was created solely for the Super Friends cartoons to fill the void of an Hispanic superhero. He has never appeared in a DC Comic.

He first appeared as minor character in the Super Friends animated shorts, which aired in 1981 season and later in Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show as a full-time member. El Dorado from a non specified Latino nation was added as one of several attempts to encourage diversity among the characters. Like other ethnic characters added during this period, he was seen as somewhat stereotypical. El Dorado spoke broken English with an accent, sporadically substituting common Spanish words or phrases, such as adding words like "rapido" and replacing nearly every instance of "yes" with "si".[citation needed]

Because he was created primarily to fill the void of a Latin American character on the show, El Dorado's powers were not well-defined and were highly ambiguous. His most frequently used ability was teleportation, which he accomplished by wrapping his cape over his body and vanishing. Anyone or anything he wrapped his cape around could also be teleported with him, and there appeared to be no limit to the distance he could travel. Another of his frequently used powers was the ability to generate illusions from his eyes. He also exhibited some degree of mental powers, including telepathy and possibly extending beyond. In later incarnations, his powers were more well-defined. He had telepathic powers and the ability to create illusions.[citation needed]

He was voiced by Fernando Escandon.
Slightly Batmanize it, teleportation is the disappearing act, mental powers are his strategic ability. Bob's your uncle, a JJ special.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:14 AM   #3576
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope not too much time is spent tripping over "BuT wHeRe WeRe tHeY aLl ThIs tIme??!?" because a) Ultimately, it doesn't matter, and b) There won't be an in-universe explanation that satisfies most fans anyway. Don't focus on the meta, focus on the story and characters...I hope
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:59 AM   #3577
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I keep getting these guys mixed up with the Inhumans starring Captain Pike and Ramsay Bolton.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2021, 11:43 AM   #3578
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

No mention in the trailer that this was directed by Chloe Zhao who just won the Oscar for you know best director?
Old 05-25-2021, 03:07 PM   #3579
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I keep getting these guys mixed up with the Inhumans starring Captain Pike and Ramsay Bolton.
It's pretty easy to get them confused as both has the 1990s CTV/CBC production value look.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:27 PM   #3580
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1396910262494457856

What was John Cena's big crime...... saying Tawain was the first country to see F9..... Hollywood really needs to stop doing this, but unfortunately I think it's going to get a lot worse.