Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 11:42 AM   #241
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPresJamesTaylor View Post
It was never easy for cannon7, he was born a poor black child.
Well, black where it counts. Remember: six kids.
Old 03-19-2023, 11:43 AM   #242
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
And yet somehow, to some people, Reimer is the victim here.

Just incredible
The NHL should ban him for life………

For not wearing a warm up jersey.

Maybe prison?
The Following User Says Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2023, 11:44 AM   #243
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon7 View Post
If there aren't literal molotov cocktails ready to go in the stands should the Muslim in question not comply then you're all fakers.
"The Muslim"

Jesus Christ. How does he keep getting dragged into this, how is that fair? Unlike Reimer, he hasn't said or done anything
Old 03-19-2023, 11:44 AM   #244
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well let's be real. You were going to call me a racist bigoted homophobe anyway. And my trans son thinks hockey is "that racist sport dad likes."

What is the internet for but to sow divisiveness whenever possible?
Tbf I didn't call you any of that.

Also you told us your son is transgender so why do you keep referring to him as my trans son?

You said you have a developmentally challenged son do you call him my challenged son?

You might by outing yourself here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2023, 11:44 AM   #245
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
And yet somehow, to some people, Reimer is the victim here.

Just incredible
Or just not the enemy?
Old 03-19-2023, 11:46 AM   #246
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
"The Muslim"

Jesus Christ. How does he keep getting dragged into this, how is that fair? Unlike Reimer, he hasn't said or done anything
Oh, right, sorry, I forgot it was only OK to hate Christians. My bad.

(it was a joke, btw. #### your green text.)
Old 03-19-2023, 11:46 AM   #247
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
If there aren't literal molotov cocktails ready to go in the stands should the Muslim in question not comply then you're all fakers.
I would be equally disappointed in Kadri as I am with Riemer should he make the same stupid choice. Hopefully Kadri doesn't.
Old 03-19-2023, 11:48 AM   #248
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Or just not the enemy?
Nobody has said he is the enemy, that I know of. I have just said he is a ####ing moron who is a bigot. This world has lots of morons who are bigots. I don’t live my life thinking they are my enemy.
Old 03-19-2023, 11:48 AM   #249
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post

Maybe prison?
Quote:
Or just not the enemy?
These are quite the leaps to make just from people calling him out as an ####### and a hypocrite
Old 03-19-2023, 11:48 AM   #250
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
At the risk of stepping on a landline…

Who cares? People are untitled to their opinions and beliefs, however poor they are. Have a philosophical opposition to something, fine. Is his, or anyone else’s position, going to change by a frenzy around a uniform? No.

Opt out, shut up and everyone else carry on. We all have people in our own lives with whack-ass beliefs that we can meaningfully engage with if we want to unveil ignorance.
Would you be saying the same thing if a player refused to wear a Black history month jersey, because he disagreed with their "lifestyle choices"?
Old 03-19-2023, 11:49 AM   #251
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh, right, sorry, I forgot it was only OK to hate Christians. My bad.

(it was a joke, btw. #### your green text.)
This guys views are not based on his religions versions of Christianity though. The fact that he has routinely rejected his religion on military appreciation night demonstrates that.
Old 03-19-2023, 11:49 AM   #252
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post

Maybe prison?
A hefty fine that gets donated to a worthy LGTBQ+ charitable cause would suffice. I would also hope the player in question not be dressed for the game that particular evening, so add 1/82 of their salary to that donation.
Old 03-19-2023, 11:53 AM   #253
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can't his personal religious beliefs be fluid just like his gender identity? I say yes. How about you?
Acting like you know better than your God sounds like something that gets you raped by the devil for all of time.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 03-19-2023, 11:54 AM   #254
Infinit47
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
This is there right attitude, but the Inclusivity folks here need more than that. You must conform and comply otherwise you are a heretic.
If Reimer refused to participate in an event for black history month would you be saying the same thing? If this was an American saying black history month violated their "Confederate" history what would you say? I'm guessing your reaction would be different. And if that's the case I would ask why you feel a trans or gay person deserves less protection than a person of colour? Or if you think racism is okay then I don't think we have much to discuss (I think that's unlikely though).

Reimer is basically rehashing "separate but equal" and thinks that makes him a nice guy. He should get a Tshirt that says "not that there's anything wrong with that" and pat himself on the back.

We are talking about two differing ideologies. One that believes all people are equal, deserve equal protection under the law and an equal ability to participate in society. They acknowledge for this to occur it requires meaningful acts of inclusion by everyone.

On the other side we have bigots who feel all people are not equal, and that simply "opting out" of supporting equal rights is somehow okay and not a clear statement that you do not believe in the equality of said group.

Just as there is no "live and let live" with racism, there should be no tolerance for any other form of bigotry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Infinit47 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2023, 11:56 AM   #255
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Tbf I didn't call you any of that.
Might as well join the party. Mods see nothing wrong with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Also you told us your son is transgender so why do you keep referring to him as my trans son?

You said you have a developmentally challenged son do you call him my challenged son?

You might by outing yourself here.
My son, who is transgender, was born biologically female. And my developmentally challenged child is female. I could just use "son" from this point forward, but I have two sons and four daughters, so will inevitably be accused yet again of lying.

It's quite the elaborate lie. Two coincidental personal anecdotes spanning years.
Old 03-19-2023, 11:58 AM   #256
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Acting like you know better than your God sounds like something that gets you raped by the devil for all of time.
You must be new to this religion thing.
Old 03-19-2023, 11:58 AM   #257
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

It's just so ####ing depressing that this is still such an issue. I remember growing up in the 90's when it was "cool" to be homophobic and gay jokes were everywhere. Then Matthew Shepard was murdered, the world seemed to wake up for a bit, and then Canada legalized gay marriage in 2003 and it seemed like we had finally grown up a bit as a society. Yet 2 decades later we're still dealing with these ignorant hateful idiots, who seem louder than ever now with the culture war bull#### in the US. It's just so stupid
Old 03-19-2023, 11:59 AM   #258
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

In a perfect world we would not need to have these nights to recognize groups that have faced discrimination, and yet I think we need to recognize that it will always exist in some form.

Personally, I gotta hand it to Riemer for sticking to his beliefs knowing he was going to face a lot of criticism and scrutiny
Old 03-19-2023, 11:59 AM   #259
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can't his personal religious beliefs be fluid just like his gender identity? I say yes. How about you?
That makes it look even worse, and it's exactly the hypocrisy some people have been calling out. If he's just picking and choosing which parts of his faith to follow, then it's pretty telling that 'gays shouldn't be treated as equals' is one part that he's going to throw his support behind
Old 03-19-2023, 12:00 PM   #260
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
In a perfect world we would not need to have these nights to recognize groups that have faced discrimination, and yet I think we need to recognize that it will always exist in some form.

Personally, I gotta hand it to Riemer for sticking to his beliefs knowing he was going to face a lot of criticism and scrutiny
"Personally, I gotta hand it to Kanye for sticking to his beliefs knowing he was going to face a lot of criticism and scrutiny"

Does that work too?
Closed Thread