Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2023, 11:43 AM   #5121
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Currently in greaserville this weekend visiting my father in law. He’s an awesome guy, unfortunately he’s a casual oilers fan and pulled out his Gretzky jersey this morning anr asked my kids if they’ll cheer for the oilers since the flames are out . My kids both vehemently said absolutely not and my 11 year old told him he’ll support any team playing against the oilers and may even wear an old retro kings jersey I have in my closet from the 90s. Sometimes I wonder if I am a good dad. This is NOT one of those times.
Old 04-15-2023, 12:37 PM   #5122
NegativeSpace
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd liner View Post
Currently in greaserville this weekend visiting my father in law. He’s an awesome guy, unfortunately he’s a casual oilers fan and pulled out his Gretzky jersey this morning anr asked my kids if they’ll cheer for the oilers since the flames are out . My kids both vehemently said absolutely not and my 11 year old told him he’ll support any team playing against the oilers and may even wear an old retro kings jersey I have in my closet from the 90s. Sometimes I wonder if I am a good dad. This is NOT one of those times.
Raised them right.
The Following User Says Thank You to NegativeSpace For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2023, 12:43 PM   #5123
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

E=NG in the DNA

* sung to R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2023, 12:45 PM   #5124
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Would be even funnier if your old Kings jersey is a Gretzky!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to butterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2023, 12:45 PM   #5125
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Old 04-15-2023, 01:30 PM   #5126
Tkachukwagon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Flames fans are beating themselves up over this season finishing with 93 points. That point total, 93 points, would represent the fourth best season for the Edmonton Oilers since 2006. They sure love patting themselves on the back when they have been one of the worst team in the NHL for 15 years.

https://records.nhl.com/franchises/e...-season-record
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tkachukwagon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2023, 01:42 PM   #5127
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachukwagon View Post
Flames fans are beating themselves up over this season finishing with 93 points. That point total, 93 points, would represent the fourth best season for the Edmonton Oilers since 2006. They sure love patting themselves on the back when they have been one of the worst team in the NHL for 15 years.

https://records.nhl.com/franchises/e...-season-record

Last edited by midniteowl; 04-15-2023 at 05:03 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midniteowl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2023, 04:38 PM   #5128
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1646936270034153472

Someone tell Oilers fans that this guy used to put Troy Brouwer on the powerplay when he was in Calgary. I'm pretty sure most coaches PP's are gonna benefit from having McDrai to work with
Old 04-15-2023, 04:57 PM   #5129
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol, you could add McDingleberry and Drai to any PP in the league and it would automatically become lethal no matter what system you employ. Gulutzan isn't doing anything different than what any other PP couch would do in his situation.

It's the same thing with Woodcroft. Oiler fans like to boast that he's some kind of genius coach, when all he's really doing is the exact same thing that every previous Oiler coach has done over the last 7 years: throw McDrai out there for 30+ minutes/game and hope that you can outscore your problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2023, 11:43 PM   #5130
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Second page is no good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2023, 11:49 PM   #5131
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cup parade cancelled again?
Old 04-18-2023, 01:10 AM   #5132
Jaybo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

It's not just that the Oilers lost Game One, it's that it was such an amazing (hopefully soul-crushing) way for them to lose:

* be up 2-0 after the first with one of the Blunder Twins getting the first goal of the series and the second coming on not just a regular PP but a two-man advantage.

* have a 3-1 lead halfway through the third

* see the Kings get back into it with a goal right after the mid-point of the third

* THEN...have "Saviour Skinner" give up the tying goal with 17 seconds left in the game

* Have the Oilers' "winning" goal in OT called back due to a high stick

* Then, irony of ironies, lose the game when the Kings score a PP goal in OT!

Keep the hubris coming Oilers fans - the hockey gods were in fine form tonight.

[Edit: Somewhere in there was a warning about throwing stuff on the ice which is just <chef's kiss>]

Last edited by Jaybo; 04-18-2023 at 06:44 AM. Reason: typos
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaybo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2023, 01:13 AM   #5133
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

McDiver floating like his controller was disconnected in the middle of the ice, looking for an EN glory point, is a glorious look for him on the replay. He was doing nothing but looking for an empty net goal, could have covered the open guy
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2023, 01:48 AM   #5134
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have to stop watching the NHL... its f***ing bull#### how rigged it is.... f*** you bettman... f*** the NHL.
I'm out. Good luck OIlers but I'm done.. with this bull#### league and its f***ing game management reffing.... hope you choke on a syphilitic dick... you too Hrudey
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2023, 02:22 AM   #5135
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1646936270034153472

Someone tell Oilers fans that this guy used to put Troy Brouwer on the powerplay when he was in Calgary. I'm pretty sure most coaches PP's are gonna benefit from having McDrai to work with
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahah
Old 04-18-2023, 03:14 AM   #5136
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Instant karma moment for sure. Why were the drunken louts throwing trash on the ice for one of the most obvious tripping calls ever. I'm pretty sure LA was going to have a 2 on 1 there. The ref has got to make that call. Very satisfying seeing them lose so quickly after throwing trash on the ice over an obvious trip.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:29 AM   #5137
Jaybo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

(via r/edmontoncoilers)

[Edit: someone in the Reddit comments pointed out that this isn't an image from after the game - look at the ice logos which don't have any Stanley Cup markings - but I'm leaving it as I think it's a fair representation of the trash that is Edmonton Oilers fandom.]

Last edited by Jaybo; 04-18-2023 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Fake News Disclaimer Added
Old 04-18-2023, 07:31 AM   #5138
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:
wranglers

https://twitter.com/user/status/1648194474533691395
Doughty is great
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2023, 07:35 AM   #5139
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It was mentioned in the other thread, those Oiler fans truly are pigs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2023, 07:37 AM   #5140
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
It was mentioned in the other thread, those Oiler fans truly are pigs.
Oinkers!
Closed Thread

Tags
e=ng , edmonton is no good , no good no good , no good no good no good , not f***ing good enough