Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2023, 11:28 AM   #4581
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuluking View Post
keenan87, you've been around long enough. This is not Edmonton Hockey Discussion. Drop this in the Trade Rumour thread and let E=NG do its thing. You're wrecking the experience.
Fair enough. I appreciate this comment and does make sense. I can move it there next time.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to keenan87 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 11:30 AM   #4582
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Is this a serious comment? You are telling me to kill myself?
I was more thinking a Homer Simpson strangle

Obviously not telling you to off yourself. We're not savages. But it was a really bad take, to be fair. Also extremely tone deaf considering the thread you're posting in

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 02-20-2023 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-20-2023, 11:32 AM   #4583
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Anyone who thinks the Oilers won't be an absolute contender with the acquisition of Karlsson is funny.

McDavid, Karlsson, Draisatl will basically mean an automatic goal every powerplay.

If Skinner holds up, the Oilers will be a dangerous team.
Um, I don't speak cheerleader sorry.

Skinner really isn't holding up, nor is Campbell, and its going to get worse with how bad the Oilers d zone coverage is, and frankly Karlsson really isn't going to help that.

Lets add on, that anyone that knows hockey knows that the playoffs are a war of atttrition. Its team with depth that wing cups. Not teams that are top loaded. Lets be honest, Edmonton got their faces caved in by the Avs in last years playoffs because of Depth.

Karlsson would be a nice add, nobody is denying it, but it won't help with the massive deficiencies in the Oilers botton 6 forwards and entire blueline.

I still don't think that the Oilers are guaranteed a playoff spot. They've allowed 21 goals in the past 4 games. Yeah, they're scoring at a good pace, but do the Oilers have another gear that's needed for the stretch run? Nope, I think that this little streak that the Oilers had with a large chunk against weaker teams is the best that the Oiler fans can hope for. And maybe in the years to come the Oilers can have another Banner ceremony.

If I was their slightly dull coach, I'd be worried that once again McDavid and Draisaitl are selling out their team and their coach for fancy stats but are nowhere to be seen in the back hundred feet of ice.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 11:34 AM   #4584
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
I was more thinking a Homer Simpson strangle

Obviously not telling you to off yourself. We're not savages. But it was a really bad take, to be fair. Also extremely tone deaf considering the thread you're posting in
Buddy - have you been living under a rock? Do you understand suicide and how it is not a joke for many people who have been impacted by it?

Stop saying dumb #### whether or not it is a reference to a cartoon. No - I dont find your crappy comment as a joke no matter what thread we are in.

Grow the eff up.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to keenan87 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 11:37 AM   #4585
mennoknight
Scoring Winger

Exp:

guys, it's family day. make up like step mom and son on the internet
Old 02-20-2023, 11:38 AM   #4586
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Buddy - have you been living under a rock? Do you understand suicide and how it is not a joke for many people who have been impacted by it?

Stop saying dumb #### whether or not it is a reference to a cartoon. No - I dont find your crappy comment as a joke no matter what thread we are in.

Grow the eff up.
I think you're the only person who took that comment literally

That said, I just told you that's not what was implied, so ####ing relax mate

Maybe go take a break from CP. It's bogging down the thread which is supposed to be fun and bring joy to readers

I seriously doubt I hurt your feelings that much. And if I did, well uh.. there there?
Old 02-20-2023, 11:50 AM   #4587
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Anyone who thinks the Oilers won't be an absolute contender with the acquisition of Karlsson is funny.

McDavid, Karlsson, Draisatl will basically mean an automatic goal every powerplay.

If Skinner holds up, the Oilers will be a dangerous team.

Nah. Edmonton is no good.
Old 02-20-2023, 12:09 PM   #4588
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You are right. Why have any sort of hockey discussion.

We should be spending all our time coming up with a title for the next Oilers thread like junior high kids.
In this thread? You've been around long enough to know better. Start a discussion if you're jonesing for it so badly.

edit: already been mentioned, but it never hurts to clarify the purpose of this particular thread
Old 02-20-2023, 12:26 PM   #4589
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 12:36 PM   #4590
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You are right. Why have any sort of hockey discussion.

We should be spending all our time coming up with a title for the next Oilers thread like junior high kids.
16+ years here and still can’t realize you’re in the wrong thread for that?

Quote:
Because its a thread about the Oilers and I said them acquiring Karlsson will make them a really dangerous team and contender?

Wow, such insecurity on here.

Yes, anyone who praises the Oilers must be an Oilers fan and a troll on here (referring to the other idiot poster before you)
It’s not a thread about the Oilers. It’s a thread about the Oilers (and Edmonton) are No Good.

Last edited by topfiverecords; 02-20-2023 at 12:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 12:49 PM   #4591
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

Grow the eff up.
Is it cool if we wish you’d run off a cliff and hold a sign up saying “Yikes!” before you fall 1000 feet and create a perfectly keenan87-shaped hole in the ground where you land? We can even soundtrack it with “Yakety Sax” if it’ll help you get over yourself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 02:28 PM   #4592
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hated the comment about self harm. So many people struggle with things that seeing it posted seems wrong. I’m not your conscience but it’s not a good look.

On thread, this isn’t just go and get karlsson…there’s a cost. If the greasers are hitting the cap now, they have to move roster players and even with significant retention are there any players with restricted movement clauses that would go to the sharks? We’re talking Hyman and the tenderness etc here. The supposed package of dumping all of Edmonton waiver wire crap onto the sharks doesn’t pass the reasonable person rest.

I did think that the sharks might take UFA oilers and high end and many draft picks, and go into the draft as tank commanders with cap space to make a quick turnaround. Surely other teams could offer better options though.
Old 02-20-2023, 02:46 PM   #4593
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
I hated the comment about self harm. So many people struggle with things that seeing it posted seems wrong. I’m not your conscience but it’s not a good look.
If two clearly not serious comments (in fact the polar opposite of serious) are that difficult to interpret as such then you should be avoiding the internet entirely for safety reasons.

It's one thing to be rightly upset about someone making a mean spirited comment that's intended to be recieved as such

It's another to be actively finding things where they dont exist

There is a lot worse said here daily in jest and no one bats an eye. Keenan has been on this board for a long time. He most certainly knows better than to interpret rival smack talk in an E=NG thread after posting pro-oiler comments as sincere & to be taken literally

I agree, we should watch ourselves and how we speak to each other in terms of where that line is. But falling for & sympathizing with a guy's trollish victim bait posts is just silly

That guy was obviously just stirring up chaos as he's been derailing every thread he goes into
Old 02-20-2023, 02:59 PM   #4594
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
If two clearly not serious comments (in fact the polar opposite of serious) are that difficult to interpret as such then you should be avoiding the internet entirely for safety reasons.

It's one thing to be rightly upset about someone making a mean spirited comment that's intended to be recieved as such

It's another to be actively finding things where they dont exist

There is a lot worse said here daily in jest and no one bats an eye. Keenan has been on this board for a long time. He most certainly knows better than to interpret rival smack talk in an E=NG thread after posting pro-oiler comments as sincere & to be taken literally

I agree, we should watch ourselves and how we speak to each other in terms of where that line is. But falling for & sympathizing with a guy's trollish victim bait posts is just silly

That guy was obviously just stirring up chaos as he's been derailing every thread he goes into
Me? I think that you are extremely fortunate not to understand how much words hurt, especially when it leads to self harm or worse.

I don’t want to derail this obviously excellent thread but keenan87’s comments are irrelevant. I didn’t agree with Keenan87 especially in this thread but have you never heard about bad things said in humour being said without the humour? As in…text on a bulletin board? So many people suffer. I just ask that people consider the words we use to disagree. I’m no one’s conscience. It’s family day. CP is kinda like a family so maybe we can find a way to disagree better.

On thread, e=ng.

Last edited by McG; 02-20-2023 at 03:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 03:07 PM   #4595
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 03:11 PM   #4596
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So here's what we know. Edmonton's window is about til the end of the season after next season. The pressure is tremendous for the Oilers to win a cup so they can try to keep the wonderdust twins.

Deep down Holland knows that his team is basically poop with coconut sprinkles on it.

The Oilers have a deep and nasty cap issues. Any trade needs serious retention.

Every GM in the league knows it so they're going to be desparate and need retention.

Every team dislikes the Oilers because of their continued tanking for top picks then crowing like they've achieved anything.

The Oilers are going to be paying a premium.

Want Karlsson and you want us to retain. 3 firsts Holloway and Bouchard and we'll take that useless JP back.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 02-20-2023, 03:15 PM   #4597
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
I don’t want to derail this obviously excellent thread but keenan87’s comments are irrelevant. I didn’t agree with Keenan87 especially in this thread but have you never heard about bad things said in humour being said without the humour? As in…text on a bulletin board? So many people suffer. I just ask that people consider the words we use to disagree. I’m no one’s conscience. It’s family day. CP is kinda like a family so maybe we can find a way to disagree better.

On thread, e=ng.
There are real victims (those that feel withdrawn, listless and consumed by dread or apathy), and those that play a victim card when it serves them in their attempt to troll or deflect blame

One group should be given all the empathy and suppport they need. The other deserve none, because they essential belittle the real thing

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 02-20-2023 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-21-2023, 12:30 PM   #4598
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Karlsson is the opposite of what the Oilers need. They need more defense, not more offense. Since it's been scientifically proven that E=NG they'll obviously overpay for Karlsson and regret it within a couple months.
Old 02-21-2023, 01:21 PM   #4599
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

More offense is the answer!!!!
Old 02-21-2023, 01:53 PM   #4600
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol we already saw how Karlsson does when he's not the #1 puck carrier and offensive distributor. It's not great. So why the hell does anyone at all think that situation would be different going to Edmonton? Is Connor going to take a back seat? That guy is unreal self centered, there's no chance of that IMO. It will be the same problem Karlsson had the entire time he's been in SJ before this season, not enough time with puck on stick to be effective. Then, when he's not immediately the cure the league's worst fan base will start tearing him apart. Confidence also key to Karlsson's game, so that's not going to be a pretty combo.

I really, really hope they waste the huge amount of assets necessary to accomplish this trade.
Closed Thread

Tags
e=ng , edmonton is no good , no good no good , no good no good no good , not f***ing good enough