Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2023, 09:10 AM   #6301
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting. Story of Tetris was pretty neat history wise.

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:30 AM   #6302
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

After never playing the Last of Us until the holiday season when I picked up the PS5 remaster I was able to grab Part 2 off the PlayStation store for $13 (PS plus discount) just started it and enjoying continuing the story.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:37 AM   #6303
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
After never playing the Last of Us until the holiday season when I picked up the PS5 remaster I was able to grab Part 2 off the PlayStation store for $13 (PS plus discount) just started it and enjoying continuing the story.
I did the same last night, not going to play it for a while but can't beat that price (Unless its released as a free game in PS+ lol )
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 11:19 AM   #6304
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
I ended up getting Ghost for the 35 bucks or so to upgrade to PS Extra. What a great deal that was. I also got Stray on there which was another one I wanted to play. I had never really payed attention to what comes with PS Extra, so thank you guys for pointing me in that direction.

I’m playing Stray first, I figured it would be a nice change of pace between the gigantic open world games.
PS extra has a ton of great stuff. Death Stranding, Guardians of the Galaxy and Spiderman are a few others that easily tilt the cost for PS+ extra in your favor.

If you don't like any of those, it didn't cost you extra.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2023, 12:03 PM   #6305
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Interesting. Story of Tetris was pretty neat history wise.

I wish this was done seriously like Chernobyl. The trailer just looks really unauthentic and over-the-top acting and silly situations like unveiling the game boy in a giant lab in a dramatic spotlight reveal. I've seen actual documentaries on the making of the gameboy and it's your usual over-cluttered japanese nintendo office.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 01:50 PM   #6306
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just started playing Returnal for PC... if anyone here is a fan of roguelike games, you'll probably really like this.
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 02:42 PM   #6307
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
I just started playing Returnal for PC... if anyone here is a fan of roguelike games, you'll probably really like this.
This game has some form of kryptonite for me. I've played the souls games, bloodborne, Seikiro... Phrike shows up and I can't get past his second phase (and he apparently has three).

Is it basically only possible to beat Phrike on a near perfect run or in coop or something? The most annoying part is how long it takes to get back to Phrike.

Maybe I am doing something wrong and grinding for permanent upgrades incorrectly? Or maybe my timing to his moves based on those other games makes my evasion and strafing incorrect which is why he's trapping and mashing me into a pulp? I got so mad after the 20th or so fight that I put the game down and haven't picked it back up since December. I really like the game, but I'm mystified as to why I'm getting tossed around like a toddler by the first boss. I'll probably have to watch a few game play videos to adjust my strategy before picking the game back up again.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:52 PM   #6308
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Returnal is a punishing game. The randomness of the weapons makes the last few levels extremely difficult as only a small handful will get you through. I honestly thought I would never finish but one day the stars aligned and I received the perfect weapon drops in the final level.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2023, 03:02 PM   #6309
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Returnal is a punishing game. The randomness of the weapons makes the last few levels extremely difficult as only a small handful will get you through. I honestly thought I would never finish but one day the stars aligned and I received the perfect weapon drops in the final level.

Did you level up specific weapons? Or did you have to wait for the stars to align?

Maybe once I get the Viture one glasses, I'll hook it up along with a Woojer vest and just go for a super immersive do or die gaming session on Returnal.
Old 02-16-2023, 06:00 PM   #6310
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
This game has some form of kryptonite for me. I've played the souls games, bloodborne, Seikiro... Phrike shows up and I can't get past his second phase (and he apparently has three).

Is it basically only possible to beat Phrike on a near perfect run or in coop or something? The most annoying part is how long it takes to get back to Phrike
I'm the opposite, never been able to get into any of the souls games but I breezed through Returnal. Maybe it's because I grew up playing bullet hell shooters and twich FPS games like Quake
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2023, 10:21 PM   #6311
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Question for you guys, how often do big titles go on sale on the PS store? I was hoping to play Ghost of Tsushima next, but i stupidly skipped buying it during boxing week sales and I don’t really want to pay 90 bucks for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
According to psprices it's probably due for another sale. This site is insanely useful, btw.
Speaking of which.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1626450519568031744
Old 02-17-2023, 12:14 PM   #6312
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

My timing sucks. I paid $90 for GT7 3 days before it went on sale. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
The Yen Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 12:53 PM   #6313
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
My timing sucks. I paid $90 for GT7 3 days before it went on sale. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.
Buy on amazon, return where you got it from when it arrives?
Old 02-17-2023, 03:24 PM   #6314
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does the PS Store even allow refunds yet? Was one of the biggest things that stopped me from buying games digitally on that platform back in the day
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 09:48 PM   #6315
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Does the PS Store even allow refunds yet? Was one of the biggest things that stopped me from buying games digitally on that platform back in the day
Only if you haven't started the download or stream and it's been less than 14 days.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/su...efund-request/
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 09:50 PM   #6316
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, that's about what I remembered. Such a sad cop out policy, doing the bare minimum to stay legal. Even steam's policy of 2 hours play time is a joke but it's better than PS at least
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2023, 11:56 PM   #6317
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Do you love the Yakuza series and all the silliness, button mashing, soap opera dialogue, and infinite side quests that it entails? You do? Then you’re gonna love Ishin: Like a Dragon. Swords and guns and apparently a North American remake of a 2014 Japanese game but it’s a good time. Who doesn’t want to sing guitar hero style karaoke and/or fight naked in a bath house?
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 11:27 AM   #6318
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Nice, I need to do that too.
Thanks for the heads up on the sale.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 08:34 AM   #6319
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I had read that Stray was a short game, but I didn’t realize quite how short it was. I thought I had a good chunk of the game still left and was surprised when it ended. Really fun game though, very different from most games I’ve ever played. With it being so short it really kept everything fresh and nothing felt repetitive.

It was so simple and well done that it made it very enjoyable.
The Big Chill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2023, 09:01 AM   #6320
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Finished the Dead Space remake this weekend. As someone who never played the original I was pretty impressed. Game looks and runs amazing on PS5.

I thought the first half of the game was spectacular. Atmospheric, creepy, and fun. It lost me a bit in the second half though. I found it became too much about action and multiple sections ended up being more frustrating than enjoyable. Still an easy recommendation if you’re into those types of games though.

I’m about 10 hours into Hogwarts Legacy now and really enjoying it. It’s not perfect by any means, but it’s fun and captures the spirit of the books and movies amazingly well.

It has a lot of typical open world tropes which was to be expected, but I’m surprised at how well it controls. Flying and combat are both really fun. My only complaint would be that I wish there was some more variety/thoughtfulness put into the puzzle solving.

If you have even a passing interest in Harry Potter it’s easy to recommend.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote