Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2022, 09:54 AM   #5261
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post

This is great news. I hope it is an original title and not a remake.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:52 PM   #5262
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Sounds like I might be in a bit of a minority here with my thoughts on Forbidden West. For context, I appreciated the first game for what it was, but something about it just didn’t click with me. I tried on two separate occasions and never ended up finishing it.

I logged about 20 hours on Forbidden West and then had to travel for a month before coming back to it and have since logged another 20.

I can’t get enough of this game. I’m still not finished the story, but I’m finding almost everything about it way more engaging than the first game. It feels like almost every side mission has a quality, unique story to tell, the variety of activities is huge and mostly a joy, and the story is much better than the first game IMO.

It feels like a Ubisoft open world game except the quality of everything is upped by 10. Not only will I finish the story this time around I think I’ll finish the bulk of the side content as well. Probably my favorite game played on the PS5 so far followed by Returnal.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2022, 10:43 AM   #5263
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been playing the remakes of Resident Evil 1 & 2 on XB1 recently. RE1 was a great nostalgic run. Never actually beat the game completely years ago, so felt almost new to me. But the real gem is the remake of RE2. What a stunning game. Not just because RE2 is among the best in the entire series. But the remake itself feels like a brand new game entirely while still holding onto the best parts of the original. The controls, the graphics, the sound, the gameplay. Literally everything has been improved upon the original.

Having an absolute blast with RE2.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2022, 03:15 AM   #5264
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I've been playing the remakes of Resident Evil 1 & 2 on XB1 recently. RE1 was a great nostalgic run. Never actually beat the game completely years ago, so felt almost new to me. But the real gem is the remake of RE2. What a stunning game. Not just because RE2 is among the best in the entire series. But the remake itself feels like a brand new game entirely while still holding onto the best parts of the original. The controls, the graphics, the sound, the gameplay. Literally everything has been improved upon the original.

Yeah, the RE1 remake is certainly an aged title at this point (I mean REmake was released in 2002!), I still really (really!) enjoy it though. I know people have problems with the tank controls, but those are burned into my brain and they feel totally fine to me.

That RE2 remake is absolutely fantastic. I got the Platinum Trophy on PS4 for it, and will probably go through all of it again on the Series X/PS5 when it gets updated for those platforms later this year (alongside the RE3 remake, and RE7 is also getting that treatment).

There's not a lot of series that I absolutely love anymore, but Resident Evil is one that has stayed with me.
ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2022, 05:36 AM   #5265
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah the RE2 remake was awesome. Too bad they rushed the RE3 remake, that one could have been so much better if they had given it a bit more time and work.

I hope they remake other old ones too. I wouldn't mind a second RE1 re-remake at some point, or RE0 (which had its warts but I still really liked it) ... Code:Veronica would be my dream scenario, but I think they'll go for RE4 instead (which IMO doesn't need one yet).
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 02:04 PM   #5266
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I hope they remake other old ones too.
An RE4 remake is supposed to be announced soon.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 03:37 PM   #5267
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Should be fixed, nice to see they're keeping it updated. Probably get NG+ at some point too.

Thanks for posting this and the PM about it as well.

Got my platinum and now I feel empty. I'm still putzing around to top of weapon upgrades and getting rid of any random ?.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2022, 04:50 PM   #5268
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Thanks for posting this and the PM about it as well.

Got my platinum and now I feel empty. I'm still putzing around to top of weapon upgrades and getting rid of any random ?.
Had a blast with that game. Wicked Platinum and got the 100% afterwards. Looking forward to the DLC and next game for sure.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1512415269959864323

https://twitter.com/user/status/1503859087926300676

https://twitter.com/user/status/1501272859246673929
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 05:53 PM   #5269
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Those players are much more talented than I am. Explosive spikes, precision arrows and rolling around is all I'm good for.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 07:37 PM   #5270
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty disappointed in Lego Star Wars so far. They’ve lost the formula. The old games were near perfect. This one feels clunky, linear, and boring so far. I’m about half way through Episode I and I have yet to be gripped by anything.

The 380 characters was a lie. They count different costumes as a character so it’s not as many as I was expecting.

And the menu system is just awful.

The gameplay is okay I suppose. I just really preferred the old formula to this open world concept.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:01 PM   #5271
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Pretty disappointed in Lego Star Wars so far. They’ve lost the formula. The old games were near perfect. This one feels clunky, linear, and boring so far. I’m about half way through Episode I and I have yet to be gripped by anything.

The 380 characters was a lie. They count different costumes as a character so it’s not as many as I was expecting.

And the menu system is just awful.

The gameplay is okay I suppose. I just really preferred the old formula to this open world concept.
Well how many characters are there in star wars even
Old 04-10-2022, 10:42 PM   #5272
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Those players are much more talented than I am.
Lol, same. SunhiLegend works for Guerrilla but his twitter gaming timeline is wild.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1502660803517943811

https://twitter.com/user/status/1498767321137131522

https://twitter.com/user/status/995415932309827584
Old 04-11-2022, 08:55 AM   #5273
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post

My daughter and I have been playing through that and have the whole series downloaded. We finished 7 and 8, now almost done 2. We skipped 1 as it is just too dated. We have the rest of them downloaded too.
Old 04-11-2022, 11:04 AM   #5274
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I rolled the credits with Elden Ring last night with my pure faith build. It was a really fantastic experience from start to finish. It's the first time in an extremely long time that I immediately created a new character right afterward . I want to play a bleed build this time around to see what the fuss is all about. I thought about respeccing for NG+ but decided I enjoy the building from nothing process of NG.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:59 AM   #5275
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I rolled the credits with Elden Ring last night with my pure faith build. It was a really fantastic experience from start to finish. It's the first time in an extremely long time that I immediately created a new character right afterward . I want to play a bleed build this time around to see what the fuss is all about. I thought about respeccing for NG+ but decided I enjoy the building from nothing process of NG.
Bleed confused me because I always equate bleed as a DoT but my attacks were not ticking damage, When I realized the bleed built up and took a chunk it made more sense and I saw the fuss.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 12:13 PM   #5276
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Well how many characters are there in star wars even
If we expand it to shows like Rebels, TCW, the video games, the Old Republic there's probably 1000's.

Obviously I didn't expect every little character, but billing Obi-Wan from Episode II and Obi-Wan from Episode III as different characters is a bit misleading.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 12:27 PM   #5277
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just can't imagine 380 unique characters
Old 04-11-2022, 01:08 PM   #5278
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Dual twinblades, one with Seppuku and the other with Frost = double buildup / burst procs
Add in jump attacks with the jump attack chest piece and you can get 4-6 hits on a boss with multiple procs before it even has a chance to react. Also bleed by itself isn't great against any non-fleshy bosses (like the stone gargoyles) so having Frost buildup as a backup is great.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 11:58 PM   #5279
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post

It feels like a Ubisoft open world game except the quality of everything is upped by 10. Not only will I finish the story this time around I think I’ll finish the bulk of the side content as well. Probably my favorite game played on the PS5 so far followed by Returnal.
Just decided to take a break from the Mass Effect legendary edition and picked up Returnal at a decent price and I couldn't be happier. This game is just a ton of fun. I thought I would hate having to start over every time I died, but the game is just so enjoyable to play that it hasn't bothered me at all. Highly recommend to those who are looking for a good PS5 game.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 01:14 AM   #5280
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw that Returnal won a whole bunch of BAFTA awards and that the voice actor was Canadian. I couldn't get very far in the game but I'm a noob, maybe I should give it another whirl.