Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #41
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I had read somewhere that Disney already made its money back for what it paid. But Solo was good evidence that you can't just slap the Star Wars name on it and expect to rake in the profits, the quality has to be maintained to a certain level.

Is Clone Wars picking up at the end of Season 5? Or after "the lost episodes"?
Old 11-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #42
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I had read somewhere that Disney already made its money back for what it paid. But Solo was good evidence that you can't just slap the Star Wars name on it and expect to rake in the profits, the quality has to be maintained to a certain level.

I'm sure they have and thats a valid point as well. Hopefully that lesson was learned.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #43
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

From my understanding, it is to an extent picking up after season 5 where Ashoka has left the temple.

Speculation.

We saw Bo Katarn in the trailer along with Ashoka who has clearly been out of touch with the Jedi for a while.

That might mean that this series focuses around the Siege of Mandalore which was the last major battle of the Clone Wars except for the assault on Coruscant.

I don't know if they can do a 12 episode season on that one battle which brings Anakin back together with Ashoka, but from what I read was that the plan was always to have the Clone Wars series end with the end of the Siege of Mandalore and Anakin and Kenobi racing off to rescue Palpatine.

Ok what I'd like

They could do a 4 episode story on Mandalore leading to Obi Wan and Anikin boarding their ships and Anakin telling Obi-Wan that he couldn't see himself without Obi-Wan at his side. This would make the Vader turn even more depressing.

The first 4 story arch could be around Ashoka leaving the order and going into the Coruscant underground.

The second one could be the unfinished story of the Bad Batch that they were going to do but didn't air. The Bad Batch was a group of enhanced defective Clone Troopers. They were originally deemed defective, but were enhanced genetically and with cybernetics.

There was also a rumor that at the end of a mission with Rex and Cody that they would betray the Republic.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 11-30-2018 at 11:29 AM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #44
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

First episodes are out of the Galaxy cartoons are up:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...03Tlr8R3OZ5vEa

Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-30-2018 at 12:11 PM.
GreenLantern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #45
Jordan!
Jordan!

Exp:

Quote:
Agreed. By now with episode 3 of this trilogy looming I should be bouncing around going "Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!!" but instead I just don't really care.

I just hope the focus stays on the story Abrams set out to tell from the start, and not on just trying to fix the other guys mistakes and/or teaching those internet trolls a lesson about Rose.

But ya, some back story between Snoke, Luke and Kylo would be great, but to late. That should have came in Episode 8, should have been some reveal to hook us in and actually care about who Snoke is, or the relationship between him and Kylo. Instead when he died it was just like.. Ok. Cool. Glad hes dead I guess so I don't have to see him.

Bah. The whole thing just has me bothered, but not caring at the same time. It is weird. I think I am more so just frustrated that i'm not more excited about a freaking Star Wars trilogy.
Word, to all of this..
Jordan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #46
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sadly the one story that I wished they'd done in Rebels would have been the fate of Cody, as far as we know he stayed with the Empire as a StormTrooper and absolutely hated the non-clone troopers because they just weren't as good.

I always had this image of a battle and Rex is in his make shift armor with the blue paint. He shoots a StormTooper and as he's going back he hears

"Rex"

He leans over and takes off the Troopers helmet and sees an aged Cody looking back at him.

"Its been a long time brother"

At the end of it Cody dies and Rex has the same look as he had when Ashoka was thought to be dead.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #47
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
First episodes are out of the Galaxy cartoons are up:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...03Tlr8R3OZ5vEa
Haha I like the R2 one.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #48
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

maybe this should go in the what makes me happy thread, but whatever...

today was "library day" for my daughter... so her kindergarten class gets to go to the school library and the kids get to sign out a book or two.

we sit down on the couch after dinner so dad can read her a couple books and she opens up her library bag and while beaming from ear to ear pulls out the first book.... star wars star pilot!!! AWESOME!!!

starpilot by bc-chris, on Flickr

my wife.... <sigh> really???

ha! ha!
Old 12-04-2018, 08:46 AM   #49
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

They paid just over $4 Billion. I doubt they're 'paid' off considering they're spending at least $200 Million per film.

At five films (triology, Rogue One, Solo), that is over $1 Billion. That's just cost of production. Throw in another half a billion for marketing these. Then you have have TV shows and theme park building, easily a couple of billion there.

That makes their 'debt' about $6-7 billion. They've "only'' made about $4.5 billion on the movies so far, not including marketing costs. Not sure how much they get from licensing merchandise, but a lot of that stuff is not really selling.

But, Im sure Disney is doing fine.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:54 AM   #50
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Man I'd love to see the Russo brothers make a Star Wars movie:

Quote:
Joe and Anthony Russo have been integral to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, having directed such movies as Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Infinity War and the upcoming untitled Avengers 4. Although they don't have any specific plans right now, the two blockbuster directors would eventually like to direct a project set in the Star Wars universe.
https://www.cbr.com/russo-brothers-love-work-star-wars/

Between them and the GoT guys.. sign me up!
Old 12-05-2018, 04:01 PM   #51
awildermode
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reproduction Empire crew jackets by Columbia. Yeah, you want one...you need one.

Yours for only $500. Or, get one that is signed by Luke Skywalker for only $1980

https://www.columbia.com/starwars/

Old 12-06-2018, 09:18 AM   #52
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interdictor class breakdown:

MC75 Mon Cal Cruiser from Rogue One:

Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #53
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I just kind of love the ship designs in Star Wars. For some reason the Star Destroyer (Not the one in the ST) just stood out to me because it looked menacing and think and tough. I didn't like the Finalizer because it had the split hull that Poe and Finn flew through.

But honestly the best ship design goes to the PT. I loved the Venator and the Acclaimer's they had a very cool looking artistry and functionality.

I loved the concept that the Rebel ships in the OT had a almost cobbled together look and the the Mon Cal looked like a reconstructed cruise ship.

From a fighter standpoint, I loved the Tie Fighters because they were just so unique in the day and age of slick looking rocket ship type fighters, the only ships I liked better were the Raiders from the original BSG.

In the PT they rolled out the Jedi Starfighters and the ARC-170's and I loved both designs. The ARC looked like a dive bomber and was bristling with weapons. It looked like it was built to be a straight forward slugger with little finesse. The Jedi Fighter was slick and colorful and you could see the Tie Fighter origins in it.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:45 AM   #54
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here you go Captain, for your love of the ARC-170:

Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2018, 12:11 PM   #55
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #56
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That looks amazing. Just to sit in the Falcon and flip switches alone would be cool, I would rather though be on the side of the First Order then the Resistance.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:13 PM   #57
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Got a neat present for Christmas this year:

It's basically a manual for becoming a Jedi. It has text written in it from the point of view of many current and former Jedi such as Yoda, Luke, Ahsoka etc..

I've read through the first few pages, it's pretty cool. Short read, more about the content. Will work great as a prop in my RPG campaigns. I did not however get the super cool special edition opener I see after google searching.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:43 PM   #58
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Got a neat present for Christmas this year:

It's basically a manual for becoming a Jedi. It has text written in it from the point of view of many current and former Jedi such as Yoda, Luke, Ahsoka etc..

I've read through the first few pages, it's pretty cool. Short read, more about the content. Will work great as a prop in my RPG campaigns. I did not however get the super cool special edition opener I see after google searching.

A couple of years back, my nephew got me the Sith Handbook and the Imperial Military Handbook, the same idea.

The Sith Book is great because they had hand written notes by Luke and Yoda and Palpatine who pretty much thought all of the previous Sith Lords except for Bane were fools, so his comments had a pretty arrogant mocking tone to them.

Oh scary you can make giant coachroaches, but I'm ruling the Galaxy Darth Forgettable.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:31 AM   #59
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Really well made Vader fan film

Old 01-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #60
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

With Episode IX under a year a away with the promise of it being the end of the Skywalker saga, I thought it would be fun to add in some of the goofier predictions for the movie, or story lines that have been discussed in the past, with some of my thoughts. Some of these could be considered spoilerish but its more speculation on my part, but I thought that I would put them in here. These rumors come from various spots on the internet.

Spoiler!