Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2020, 04:20 PM   #821
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Slightly off topic, but does anyone think that this show will be released on bluray/dvd in the near future? I currently own the entire saga on bluray, and it would sure be nice to complete the collection eventually.

Seems like they're holding off on a physical release in order to force people to sign up for Disney+ as the only way to watch it. I'm sure they realize that this series is the sole reason why anyone signed up to begin with and they desperately need to hold onto those customers. But dammit, some of us old-school nerds still like to collect things and we want our shiny new toys.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:21 PM   #822
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Slightly off topic, but does anyone think that this show will be released on bluray/dvd in the near future? I currently own the entire saga on bluray, and it would sure be nice to complete the collection eventually.

Seems like they're holding off on a physical release in order to force people to sign up for Disney+ as the only way to watch it. I'm sure they realize that this series is the sole reason why anyone is signed up to begin with and they desperately need to hold onto those customers. But dammit, some of us old-school nerds still like to collect things and we want our shiny new toys.
You'd probably want to wait until the series is over though right?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:24 PM   #823
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
You'd probably want to wait until the series is over though right?

Sure, or you could also buy them as they come out like I did with the rest of the series. Either way, hopefully we'll eventually see a physical release.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:33 PM   #824
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Wow....unapologetic fat-shaming. Strong move.
To be honest, he was rocking the dad bod ehh?
Loved it.
1qqaaz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2020, 11:58 PM   #825
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

If there was an ever a series that could sell the toys within it's own world, it would be Mandalorian.

Such a rich diversity of characters with their deep backgrounds.

I'm not suggesting i'd be up for it, but to be a boy again and have this rich universe!
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #826
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywinning View Post
If there was an ever a series that could sell the toys within it's own world, it would be Mandalorian.

Such a rich diversity of characters with their deep backgrounds.

I'm not suggesting i'd be up for it, but to be a boy again and have this rich universe!
The episodic nature of the show makes it very appropriate for video games as well. Lots of Imperial bad guys, bosses, missions, jobs, quests.

Video games are a great way to explore the rich universe as well.
1qqaaz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2020, 10:47 AM   #827
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
So then was Bubble Feet a huge Timothy Olyphant fan too? Why’d he let buddy traipse around with his armour but then get all giddy up when mando had it?
This part confused me as well, but I guess the thing we don't know is how long Boba was down and out between ROTJ and now. It might have been years in the making for him to escape, recover physically, train, gain his strength back etc.. And even then he would have to track the armor down. Did we get a timeline of how long it was in the Sandcrawler? Maybe it had been in there for years as well, and then Olyphant had just gotten it a little while ago and Boba heard of this armor through the Sand People or some such thing and was making his way towards it..

But then again his body transformation from ROTJ to now maybe shoots my theory down as he didn't seem to be hurting for sustenance. Somewhere along the line he picked up some sand people weapons and learned how to use them efficiently.

Either way, great episode. Lots of good stuff there. I think we will see Bo-Katan and crew again in the finale. They would love any chance to take down any part of the empire, especially Gideon.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #828
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

That occurred to me, as well. You could say, maybe he was fine with Vanth using the armor to protect the townspeople, but that doesn't sound very like Boba Fett.

Maybe he figured that if he tried to take the armor back, Vanth would just kill him, and without his armor he couldn't take Vanth on. That seems more plausible, given that when Din showed up and demanded the armor Vanth was going to duel him before the Krayt Dragon showed up. Then when Din got the armor, he figured, the guy might just return it to its rightful owner, or if not I have an ace up my sleeve by threatening this little companion of his.

Or maybe after watching Din and Vanth take on the dragon, he felt nostalgic and figured it was time to stop sitting around in the desert and get back out into the universe and make his presence felt.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 11:37 AM   #829
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
So then was Bubble Feet a huge Timothy Olyphant fan too? Why’d he let buddy traipse around with his armour but then get all giddy up when mando had it?
This show has lots of, “huh?” moments

I enjoy it but, yeah there are some things that don’t make sense

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:53 PM   #830
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
While having Boba Fett is cool and all, it's getting a little tiring seeing these characters from the OT come back. It really cheapens their deaths. Palpatine, mostly. But this is similar.
I don’t agree with this in regards to Boba Fett. You’re bang on about Palpatine, but in ROTJ it’s stated that he will be slowly digested over thousands of years, so to me it’s entirely believable that Boba escaped. Palpatine was thrown into a reactor on the Death Star II which then exploded in space. His return is definitely cheap.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #831
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I don’t agree with this in regards to Boba Fett. You’re bang on about Palpatine, but in ROTJ it’s stated that he will be slowly digested over thousands of years, so to me it’s entirely believable that Boba escaped. Palpatine was thrown into a reactor on the Death Star II which then exploded in space. His return is definitely cheap.
Except....'The Force.'

Space Magic is the ultimate Deus Ex Machina.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 12:59 PM   #832
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Well we could say the same thing about Maul being chopped in half.. and keep going around in circles. To me it isn't about bringing characters back, it's about how they are brought back and for what purpose. Maul was brought back to further incredible story lines with Obi-Wan and Ahsoka, Palpatine was brought back in a panic to try and save a disaster of a trilogy.

So in that essence, we actually can't compare the two.
Old 12-06-2020, 02:37 PM   #833
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Part of me is hoping someday that they dig into the Palpatine in ROS and say, nah, it wasn't Palpatine.

Some Sith worshiper said that Palpatine's spirit didn't die in the explosion of the Death Star and if you build a clone body he can occupy it and he will live forever, thus defeating death.

But actually what happened is Palpatine was blowed up in the explosion there is no story, and they got this defective clone that wasn't really Palpatine and that's why he was so different then the original Palpatine, and had this weird idea of Sith Ideals that didn't make much sense.

Yup, it wasn't Palpatine just a piece of subpar workmanship, and that's why he needed a massive tube up his butt to keep him alive, and he had thousands of weirdo followers, that the original Palpatine would have hated. And the original Palpatine would have never been killed by simply crossing lightsabers.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:14 PM   #834
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I'm sorry, why is it unbelievable that Boba Fett didn't take the super armour from the guy who was wearing the super armour? The same super armour wearing guy that took out the Mining Collective because of the before mentioned super armour?

What was Boba Fett going to do? Hit him with his Sandpeople stick, shoot him with a blaster, or ask politely?

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2020, 08:59 PM   #835
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thought I would put it in here that fortnites current season is based off the mandalorian
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:03 PM   #836
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Um, when did we learn the Mandalorians name? This is news to me.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:13 PM   #837
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Um, when did we learn the Mandalorians name? This is news to me.
End of Season 1.

When Gideon and his Troopers have Mando and the others pinned down, he mentions each of them by name including calling Mando Din Djarin.
Old 12-07-2020, 02:21 PM   #838
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I seem to be forgetting something. Why did Din Djarin have to give his jet pack to Boba Fett? Djarin received his own jet pack, did he not? Did I forget about him losing it along the way?
Buff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #839
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
¹What was Boba Fett going to do? Hit him with his Sandpeople stick, shoot him with a blaster, or ask politely?
Kill him in his sleep, presumably. But whatever. It's not a major plot hole or anything.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #840
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I seem to be forgetting something. Why did Din Djarin have to give his jet pack to Boba Fett? Djarin received his own jet pack, did he not? Did I forget about him losing it along the way?
He didn't give it to Fett. Fett was wearing his own jet pack.

Mando took his off as part of their "put down all your weapons" agreement before the Stormtroopers arrived. When the troopers attacked, he didn't have a chance to put it back on.

It didn't really make sense, but it was required for the plot.

Mando needed to be wearing his jet pack in order to fly Grogu to the Jedi platform, but he also needed to not be wearing it when the Darktroopers arrived, otherwise, he could have just flown after them. So, they needed some reason for him to take it off -- and they chose the parlay with Boba as the reason.