Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #12041
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Snagging Dvorak would be fun to get the whole Tkachuk - Dvorak - Marner gang together again. Then again, pretty sure AZ has played Dvorak as a winger so it wouldn’t make much sense for us.

Having Marner on the second line with Tkachuk would be nice though.
Tkachuk-Tavares-Marner
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Bennett-Backlund-Frolik

Old 05-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #12042
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveicedhockey View Post
I've been checking in on what people are saying about dougie on twitter and if you believe leaf fans, dougie for either marner or nylander would be a huge over pay on their side. They seem to think that kapanen or brown packaged with this year's 1st or liljegren should be enough. As if we don't already have enough prospects in that position (including juuso who we rate above liljegren). Hamilton is just another Gardiner to them. It is twitter though and I'm sure the ridiculousness has been reciprocated by flames fans on there. They also seem to think we're so desperate for cap space that we'd give dougie away to anyone willing to take on Brouwer.

It would take massive cahones from dubas/BT to pull the trigger on a deal like dougie for marner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
Dougies reputation around the league from opposing fans is he is a guy who can score goals but is a liability defensively. Which is why most fan bases seem to make these low ball offers for him.
I expect that Shanahan is a little more in tune with the actual value of Hamilton. Babcock too, FWIW. I suppose any trade has to await the appointment of the next GM.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #12043
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I keep thinking that if Adam Larsson can land you Taylor Hall then Hamilton or Brodie should fetch some pretty significant pieces. Then again, Chiarelli was involved in that trade so options become limited.

Seriously though, it does feel like Treliving will move one of Hamilton, Brodie or Stone. Perhaps 2 of those 3.

Talk of Marner for Hamilton on 960 this am is an interesting trade.
It is too bad we typically wouldn’t trade with the Oilers because Hamilton is exactly what they need and Chiarelli is horrible at trades.

Nuge, 10th overall, Puljujarvi for Hamilton and Brouwer

On another note Hamilton for Marner is my dream trade. Reunite Tkachuk and Marner. Basically adding a right shot Gaudreau to the team.

Also it would be an amazing sell to Tavares. “Play with Tkachuk and Marner, Monahan and Gaudreau become the second line, Backlund and Frolik take all the tough zone starts on the third line”
Old 05-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #12044
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahan For Mayor View Post
There is no guarantee Marner gets more than 7 nevermind 8. Forsberg, Gaudreau, Heaburdeau, Tarasenko, Kucherov, etc. Are his closest comparables coming out of their elcs. Only Tank got 7.5M and he signed a full 8 years and was considered a top goal scorer in the NHL. If Marner gets 8 he is over paid by a good margin. Even at 7M you better e getting 8 years.
If Marner waits until next summer to sign and takes another step forward he will be in demand for $8M. Gaudreau got his deal after 2 years as did Draisaitl. I think Marner is closer to Drai in terms of co tract demands than Gaudreau based on his numbers.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:54 PM   #12045
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't really see the Leafs keeping Nylander over Marner. I think Nylander would be the guy coming to Calgary if we were trading for a RW from the Leafs, or to a lesser extent Kapanen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #12046
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's no way the Leafs move Marner over Nylander. Marner is the better player and will be worth $8 million long term. I'm not so sure about Nylander.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #12047
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've been checking in on what people are saying about dougie on twitter and if you believe leaf fans, dougie for either marner or nylander would be a huge over pay on their side. They seem to think that kapanen or brown packaged with this year's 1st or liljegren should be enough. As if we don't already have enough prospects in that position (including juuso who we rate above liljegren). Hamilton is just another Gardiner to them. It is twitter though and I'm sure the ridiculousness has been reciprocated by flames fans on there. They also seem to think we're so desperate for cap space that we'd give dougie away to anyone willing to take on Brouwer.

It would take massive cahones from dubas/BT to pull the trigger on a deal like dougie for marner.
Leaf fans live in a bubble and a huge portion are idiots. They know nothing of the west most of out games start when they go to bed.

The Flames are not accepting a package of futures for Dougie so the Kapanen, 1st, Brown talk is junk. I think of the Flames trade Dougie it will be a 1 for 1 type deal with the other team likely adding a pick to balance out the Dman ca winger value
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #12048
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I don't really see the Leafs keeping Nylander over Marner. I think Nylander would be the guy coming to Calgary if we were trading for a RW from the Leafs, or to a lesser extent Kapanen.
Kapanen for stone anybody?

Old 05-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #12049
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
It is too bad we typically wouldn’t trade with the Oilers because Hamilton is exactly what they need and Chiarelli is horrible at trades.

Nuge, 10th overall, Puljujarvi for Hamilton and Brouwer

On another note Hamilton for Marner is my dream trade. Reunite Tkachuk and Marner. Basically adding a right shot Gaudreau to the team.

Also it would be an amazing sell to Tavares. “Play with Tkachuk and Marner, Monahan and Gaudreau become the second line, Backlund and Frolik take all the tough zone starts on the third line”
I do my best to hate the Oilers, but there's no way your proposal would go through. Brouwer just completely ruins the deal too.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:58 PM   #12050
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I agree with this. Nylander needs money this summer Marner the next. The Leafs could swap Nylander for Dougie then move on Thornton for a one year deal which gives them a better roster than adding Dougie and then paying Nylander his 6-7M per
Old 05-10-2018, 03:58 PM   #12051
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I do my best to hate the Oilers, but there's no way your proposal would go through. Brouwer just completely ruins the deal too.
Making fun of Chiarelli more than anything with that proposal
Old 05-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #12052
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You do realize that Leaf fans are the worst fans in all of hockey for overvaluing their players right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #12053
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I agree with this. Nylander needs money this summer Marner the next. The Leafs could swap Nylander for Dougie then move on Thornton for a one year deal which gives them a better roster than adding Dougie and then paying Nylander his 6-7M per
Joe Thornton has no interest in playing in Toronto. I actually know the man personally. I suppose his feelings could change but I think he would take a super low one year deal to stay with the Sharks. If they move on he will look for one of the other California teams. If there is nothing available with them I believe he will hang them up.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:25 PM   #12054
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
There's no way the Leafs move Marner over Nylander. Marner is the better player and will be worth $8 million long term. I'm not so sure about Nylander.
Marner is way better, all around. But that's why it's a fairer deal for Hamilton. Otherwise it's pretty much top pairing D for second line calibre wing.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:31 PM   #12055
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
Kapanen for stone anybody?

I would probably trade Stone for any of Kapanen, Brown, Hyman or Lievo, to be honest.

All right shot wingers 25 and under with multiple years of team control, and they all have good offensive abilities and would probably take a step forward with an increased role IMO.

Plus moving Stone opens up a spot for Andersson on the bottom pairing right side.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #12056
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh Kapanen. He's about the only Leaf I see fairly attainable for the Flames. And we would be all the better for it. Just the guy we need. Love his speed. Love his hands. Love the heart. He's a gamer.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #12057
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bennett-Jankowski-Kapanen looks darn good.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:46 PM   #12058
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

ok first of all gross.

Second of all, why do we need Nuge? We have Monahan and Backlund at center on the first two lines, and Nuge really bought very little until they put him on a line with McDavid, plus he's softer then baby poo. Poolparty is awful, he has a lower IQ then Yak and looks completely lost. The 10th is nice. Also RNH is over paid, even dumping off Brouwer doesn't compensate for that.

But if we send then Hamilton, he automatically fixes a major hole in that team, and I'd prefer not to do that, because the Oiler players coming here don't fix anything.

Personally if we did move Hamilton to Edmonton, it would be a monstrous price, like huge, and frankly they don't have what we need because they're weaker even then the Flames on the Wing.

If the Flames were to trade Hamilton, I would hope that common sense prevails and we send him out of the conference.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 05-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #12059
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Right.

Maybe we should get Feaster back to bring in "the best coach outside the NHL" again to?

Hartley coached here 4 years. He made the post season once. Obviously some different circumstances, but his "system" was simply not good enough to stay coaching in the NHL, or he would be. Let's not pretend the one playoff year was anything but catching lightning in a bottle and a completely insane ability to fall behind in games only to tie/win them late.

I didn't even dislike him as a coach cause the team was fun to watch, but without question his system was unsustainable for long term success, and the evidence of that is blatantly obvious.
Well for one, Hartely had a non playoff roster all four years he was here. The first two being a lottery roster.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #12060
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

Toronto fans are at the height of their arrogance right now, so they actually don't know much of anything outside of their little bubble.

Any GM worth their salt is going to put a high premium on getting a 24 year old 6'6 top pairing dman that skates like the wind and scores a lot of points while still having high shot suppression.

I guarantee you if the Flames called Toronto up and said Marner or Nylander for Hamilton, Toronto wouldn't be able to fax the papers in fast enough.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Closed Thread