Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-22-2017, 11:43 AM   #4041
Kybb79
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Regehr would suck in today's game
Lol He would run Mcdavid like he did Hemsky.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:44 AM   #4042
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckedoff View Post
For every defensive gaffe Brodie makes, he makes 4 incredible defensive plays and registers a goal or assist. You guys should watch other teams more to see what a typical top 4 D-man plays like. Trading Brodie is ludicrous unless the return is overwhelming.
If by incredible you mean normal defensive plays that guys who play 22 minutes a night make then yes I agree. When Brodie is on he is one of the best dmen in the league no question about it. His skating is elite but somehow still gets beat wide a lot. Something is amiss with him and he can be better but it's turning into almost a 2 season dip now if you include the latter half of 2015 as well.

And his point totals are inflated by playing on the pp. I really don't think his offensive instincts are much above average.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #4043
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
If by incredible you mean normal defensive plays that guys who play 22 minutes a night make then yes I agree. When Brodie is on he is one of the best dmen in the league no question about it. His skating is elite but somehow still gets beat wide a lot. Something is amiss with him and he can be better but it's turning into almost a 2 season dip now if you include the latter half of 2015 as well.

And his point totals are inflated by playing on the pp. I really don't think his offensive instincts are much above average.
Using "he's an effective tool on the PP" as a detractor to his play is an odd choice. "Inflating" his point total by scoring on the PP is still an incredibly useful way to positively impact the team.
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #4044
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Posts like these add nothing to the discussion.
Says the guy that posts a version of "Brodie sucks" every 3 minutes in every game thread.

He's had his struggles but is on pace for a career year offensively and is nowhere near as bad as you're making him out to be in what is now an obvious plight on a daily basis.

Roof was right about him becoming a whipping boy, and you are leading the charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:48 AM   #4045
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by locsofblu View Post
Well Smith's great play won't last forever in Calgary I'd be open to a Brodie trade that would bring in another capable goaltender to help ease the load off of Smith and potentially transitition to the starters role. Gillies and Rittich aren't locks imo so a Brodie trade would makes sense.
... you want to trade a top 4 defenseman for a back-up goaltender.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #4046
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Using "he's an effective tool on the PP" as a detractor to his play is an odd choice. "Inflating" his point total by scoring on the PP is still an incredibly useful way to positively impact the team.
He makes simple passes on the pp to the left or to the right and then Gaudreau and Monahan do all the work. He rarely ever shoots. I think he has one slap shot goal on the pp all season despite getting so many minutes. Probably less then 10 slap shots total.

So yes he is being gifted pp time when there are two much better options in Gio and Hamilton on the bench.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #4047
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Since 2014-2015 he's top 15 in even strength points by a defensemen.

His 91 points are a little more than Suter and Doughty, a little less than Subban and Keith.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #4048
Fan69
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by locsofblu View Post
Well Smith's great play won't last forever in Calgary I'd be open to a Brodie trade that would bring in another capable goaltender to help ease the load off of Smith and potentially transitition to the starters role. Gillies and Rittich aren't locks imo so a Brodie trade would makes sense.
Yes weakening the d will really help our goaltending.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #4049
Wyguy
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I would like to see Brodie and Kylington together. I think that it could be a ton of offence and should be something I would like to see tried. But, no way it would happen.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #4050
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Regehr would suck in today's game
No he really wouldn't. Regher was a very good skater with underrated speed. I don't remember he ever getting beaten wide, and any forward who tried paid the price.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #4051
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Comments like the last one will constantly have you piled on. You won’t learn in my opinion. You paint everyone with the same brush. Lots of people have different opinions but it is the way you present them. You come off like a troll so people assume you are. You can’t have a civil debate and the comments you make cause people to respond because of the way you make them.

That’s it for me on this topic I prefer to discuss trade rumors.
I think GG sucks and Brodie ain't all that and I put it frankly - thats what gets me piled on.

I too would prefer t discuss trade rumors; thanks.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #4052
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlunds_socks View Post
Lol guy, a healthy debate is getting berated by people like you and being called a Oiler Fan for posting views that the mass think are wrong.
Actually, if we're talking about the same post, it was merely suggested you might like the Oilers forum more. Not because of whom you cheer for, but because of the style of the forum.

You're over-reacting, again.
The Following User Says Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #4053
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Says the guy that posts a version of "Brodie sucks" every 3 minutes in every game thread.

He's had his struggles but is on pace for a career year offensively and is nowhere near as bad as you're making him out to be in what is now an obvious plight on a daily basis.

Roof was right about him becoming a whipping boy, and you are leading the charge.
Actually a lot of posts lately in the GT are about Brodie and his errors.

Maybe you don't understand the game as well as others and can't analyse players as well as others which makes you think they're playing well defensively.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #4054
FlamesNation23
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyguy View Post
I would like to see Brodie and Kylington together. I think that it could be a ton of offence and should be something I would like to see tried. But, no way it would happen.
Lol that would result in so many goals for the other team. Both need to be paired with more defensively responsible players. I have a feeling kylington could be traded in a package for some help up front if the top line scoring dries out. With andersson, valimaaki and fox all looking promising, someone might need to go.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:57 AM   #4055
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If the Flames were to bring in a top 6 were would he fit in?
Old 11-22-2017, 11:58 AM   #4056
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Actually a lot of posts lately in the GT are about Brodie and his errors.

Maybe you don't understand the game as well as others and can't analyse players as well as others which makes you think they're playing well defensively.
Nice attempt at lashing out at me, but sorry, no one posts as much vitriol towards Brodie as you do. It's relentless and to the point of being obsessive.

But it's nice to see you're getting a head start today. Someone with an objective opinion about him might have shared it once in the trade thread. You're now beating the drum in full mode here trying to diminish his power play points.

Nice to see you getting a head start for tonight's game thread.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:02 PM   #4057
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Nice attempt at lashing out at me, but sorry, no one posts as much vitriol towards Brodie as you do. It's relentless and to the point of being obsessive.

But it's nice to see you're getting a head start today. Someone with an objective opinion about him might have shared it once in the trade thread. You're now beating the drum in full mode here trying to diminish his power play points.

Nice to see you getting a head start for tonight's game thread.
No I truly believe you have weak hockey knowledge which is why you choose to spend your time on CP thanking every post that replies to mine or trying to belittle me and rarely ever actually post about hockey or the Flames.

And yes I am diminishing his pp points because he's bad on the pp. All he does is pass to Versteeg or Gaudreau. He really doesn't add much else. Not a threat to shoot and defenders must be thrilled when they see Brodie on the pp because they know he isn't shooting.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #4058
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlunds_socks View Post
Lol guy, a healthy debate is getting berated by people like you and being called a Oiler Fan for posting views that the mass think are wrong.

It happened back in the what will Bennett get thread too; people were advocating 3-5 million per year while i was saying 1.5 -2 and CP was calling me an oilers fan then too. Lol, take the blinders off and realize that mob mentality is real and not all players on the flames are studs.

That’s what I don’t understand with your opinions. Is it the players that suck? Or is it the coach? Based off your posts you seem to think it’s both.

Which is hard to justify considering we are safely in a playoff spot and competing for first in the division. It seems to me like you just like to complain.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 12:09 PM   #4059
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
And yes I am diminishing his pp points because he's bad on the pp. All he does is pass to Versteeg or Gaudreau. He really doesn't add much else. Not a threat to shoot and defenders must be thrilled when they see Brodie on the pp because they know he isn't shooting.

This is great, because in the same post you're laughably trying to demean my hockey knowledge (one of your go-to, tired attempts at insults when someone points out one of the many terrible posting habits you have) you go on to show your own is severely lacking.

Brodie makes many quick, adept plays at the point on the powerplay. He's creative, he makes good reads and is a good passer. His points this season on the powerplay (and over the last few years) show you're outright wrong. And it's because you're motivated by bias and anger toward the player.

Once again, you are only capable of viewing things one dimensionally, and have decided Brodie is the subject of your ire as of late. You literally spam game threads ranting about him, and are now doing it in a trade thread to the point of trying to deny one of the stronger part of his game.

The fact you are trying to piggy-back insults about others' hockey knowledge while doing so is just gravy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 12:09 PM   #4060
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
That’s what I don’t understand with your opinions. Is it the players that suck? Or is it the coach? Based off your posts you seem to think it’s both.

Which is hard to justify considering we are safely in a playoff spot and competing for first in the division. It seems to me like you just like to complain.
Some players are overrated - we as fans of a certain organization do that all time time, and we aren't the only fan base to do so.

GG has yet to prove that he's capable of anything; thus far his career is a gong show.
Closed Thread