Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default DDPYoga

Has anybody heard of DDPYoga? It used to be called YRG (Yoga for Regular Guys).

Many of you may have seen the video of Arthur Boorman. He was unable to walk without assistance due to damage to his knees and back from years of doing parachute drops. As a result of the damage he didn't workout and he gained a lot of weight. Doctors told him he wouldn't be able to walk without assistance. He found Diamond Dallas Page, who introduced him to DDPYoga, and after 10 months he lost over 100 lbs. and was not only able to walk without assistance, but also run!

My initial response was good for him, but yoga smoga. I recently saw testimonials about DDPYoga from Jake The Snake Roberts. DDP took Jake under his wing to help him cleanup his life and regain his health, and it is working. That lead me to see another testimonial from another pro-wrestler, Scott Hall, who has only just begun this workout but already seeing improvements.

Seems too good to be true, but this got me to really take another close look into it. Seems legit. So many people posting their success stories, and so many people having great results with DDPYoga. I've tried to find negative revies on this but it is hard to find. What the hell, I'm giving it a try. The cost to order the DVD is low enough for me that if it doesn't work for me then it is no big loss.

Has anybody here tried this out yet, or heard of anybody who has done it?

Click here to find more about DDPYoga

Here is the description on their "About" page.
Quote:
DDP Yoga is not traditional yoga, it’s a hybrid workout that incorporates some traditional yoga movements and adds dynamic resistance, active breathing techniques and power movements to make for a more challenging and results oriented workout.

The main benefits are body fat loss, lean muscle growth, and improved cardio levels all without placing undue stress on the joints. A valid comparison to yoga is they both provide increased flexibility and core strengthening.

It is currently used by professional football players, professional as well as amateur wrestlers, MMA fighters, and regular everyday people who want to perform at optimum levels and want to place themselves in the best position to see career and life changing results and improve their quality of life.

DDP Yoga is the evolution of what was formerly the YRG Fitness System, which is best know for what many say is the most dramatic transformation in the health and fitness industry
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Self high five!

BANG!
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've read good reviews about it, and I know a guy who starting doing it a couple of months ago. He said it works really well, and has lost a good amount of weight.

I have actually ordered it, should be here soon.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
The main benefits are body fat loss, lean muscle growth, and improved cardio levels all without placing undue stress on the joints.
This would be excellent for my kid.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just ordered it too. It sounds so good. I'm actually pumped about giving it a try.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've seen his video before but didn't know it was associated with this product. I can't help it, when he runs, I get pretty teary. I'd love to see that happen for my daughter.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Ordered it as well

Suppossed to be easier for people who can't take impact

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

On a serious note, I believe this is the same program that brought Larry Pfohl (Lex Luger) from what was essentially paralysis, to a reasonable quality of life.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #9
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Waiting on Captain Crunch's report in another thread. Will ignore this one as I work off a bureaucracy and refuse to streamline.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

DDP's yoga and his personal generosity has also saved the lives of Jake "The Snake" Roberts and Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) over the last year. Both men are recovering alcoholics and drug abusers, and DDP took them under his wing. Roberts has now lost about 100 lbs and has been clean for 8 months, and Scott Hall has been clean for about 80 days (which is phenomenal for him).

I've also heard nothing but good things about the yoga program. He does these weird extended arm pushups that look easy but are incredibly difficult. I could barely pull off 6 and I consider myself a fit guy. DDP at over 50 years of age did 50 non-stop.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #11
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

I know Chris Jericho says it saved his wrestling career after a bad back injury. Jericho is in great shape for his latest run and I believe it was DDPYoga that did it
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

A lot of wrestlers seem to be picking it up to help with bad backs. I've got a copy and I've got to get started on it
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #13
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
On a serious note, I believe this is the same program that brought Larry Pfohl (Lex Luger) from what was essentially paralysis, to a reasonable quality of life.
What's this?!?

I am ordering this immediately. It would be nice to regain some core strength and if I can walk again that would be pretty cool too...

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Will this help me become a supple leopard?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #15
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteEbola View Post
What's this?!?

I am ordering this immediately. It would be nice to regain some core strength and if I can walk again that would be pretty cool too...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lex_Luger#Spinal_stroke
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #16
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteEbola View Post
What's this?!?

I would read up on it. Luger had a spinal stroke, and was wasting away into nothing. He was basically bed ridden. DDP stated re-habbing him with yoga, and he is walking again. I am pretty sure that was the start of this whole program for DDP.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #17
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

yoga is pretty much the closest our species has come to a 'Fountain of youth'. DDPYoga is hardly the first intensive yoga program, but its put together well and offers more of an upper body workout than other programs. Mostly, I think its for people who don't think they're getting a good workout unless a 250lb meathead is yelling at them
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #18
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Well yoga is amazing as is, and this seems to just take it to the next level with the added cardio benefit.

For someone with serious mobility issues, I can instantly see the benefit. No surprise that someone who actually sticks with the program and follows a strict diet(not really mentioned in the video) will lose that much weight. The amazing part is him being able to walk, and on top of that run again.

So what were Arthur Boorman's problems? Obvious one is scar tissue build up from old injuries that weren't allowed to heal properly. Pretty common problem for military folk. How do you fix it? Break it down and get the blood flowing. Best way to break it down is with compression techniques; best way to get the blood flowing in a way that doesn't hurt(like running would).....would be yoga/stretching. Most of us won't ever sustain bad injuries like that, and our ability to keep moving keeps our blood flowing and the scar tissue from building up if we do have minor issues.

The compression techniques I'm talking about are the foam roller and voodoo bands. Friend of mine had patella femoral pain for over a year. Doctors, therapists, chiropractors, etc, etc couldn't do anything. I think he wore a knee brace for very long time. Had a MRI done, and it showed tendinitis from what they deemed to be overuse. Turns out he had injured the same knee a few years ago on a bad fall. The guy who runs MobilityWOD had posted extensively on ART, or active release therapy, and how voodoo bands could help. I gave my friend a pair, and within 2 weeks of using them he was walking pain free.

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2012/05/v...oral-pain.html

My point here is there is no magic involved with this program. Yoga has been around a very long time, and has worked wonders for a lot of people. Professional athletes like Jarome Iginla have talked about using it as part of their workout program with extensive benefits. Tweaking it to add the cardio is nice, especially for those people who can't run/walk/move, so on that part I like it.

If you suffer from chronic knee/back/joint in general pain, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend picking up the book 'How To Be A Supple Leopard' on Amazon. The guy who wrote it developed the idea behind voodoo flossing, and anyone who uses his methods calls them magic.

They aren't magic of course. All he did was go away from the ######ed notion that that solution to overuse/swelling problems is ice and elevation. There is a huge movement in the fitness world right now against icing. No surprising, since it is about the biggest lie out there when it comes to 'fixing' actual problems. It might dull or remove the pain, but it does not FIX anything.

Yoga helps fix problems. The foam roller helps fix things. Voodoo Bands fix things.

I could also use Boorman's struggle with being able to run to go on a rampage against running, and how it is the single worst exercise anyone could do, but I won't.

If you like the program, go for it. There are many others like this out there. Insanity, Rushfit, P90X, etc, etc....and I actually like them despite the lack of attention they give to weight lifting. Insanity is especially amazing, and will kick your ass on most days regardless of what kind of shape you are in.

Last edited by Azure; 04-24-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #19
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
Will this help me become a supple leopard?
Oh it will almost certainly give you a good start.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #20
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Which one are y'all ordering?

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bang! , ddpyoga , guys do yoga too , not your mama's yoga , yrg