Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2018, 11:44 PM   #181
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Solid game from the Flames - every line was skating hard and involved, and it is nice to see that this is usually the case so far this season. Solid coaching once again by Peters. I won't lie.... I thought this game was earmarked as a loss, as it seems the Bruins just seem to find a way to beat the Flames, but the Flames out-classed Boston tonight.

I didn't have much of a problem with the McAvoy hit on Gaudreau. I didn't think it was that late to be honest. What I don't like is that Gaudreau seems to be targetted more. No, it isn't the same like when Ferland was on that line. Slashing is probably the same, but outright big hits? Nah, only rarely did that happen. If teams continue targetting Gaudreau, I wonder how Peters and/or Treliving address it. Ferland was such an ideal fit on that top line (not taking anything away from Lindholm, or even speaking about the trade value). Peluso isn't as bad as people make him out to be, but he isn't going to be on the ice at the same time as Gaudreau. Ferland is really a fairly rare commodity.

Also, that was yet another fun to watch game. What a huge relief. I would bet Gaudreau is ok, and hopefully he is.
I wonder, would putting Bennett on that line help?
Old 10-17-2018, 11:44 PM   #182
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/matt...?ls=social-vid

Can't post the video but its a great interview on the bench with McGuire. Sounds like the room is night and day different from last season.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 11:49 PM   #183
H2SO4(aq)
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

We go live now to pat, parsons, George and Sylvia!
H2SO4(aq) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:49 PM   #184
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Great game!
Went to watch at the local with the nephew to give Mrs. blender a night off from constant baseball, hockey and football.
Enjoyed watching both my squads pull out big wins.
GFG!
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:52 PM   #185
nwflamesfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

nwflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nwflamesfan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 11:59 PM   #186
minnow
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
[QUOTE=IGGYFORMVP;6829659]Conroy seems like the kind of guy that would be awesome to play a game of shinney with. Pretty sure he wouldn't shut up the whole time.[/QUO
Old 10-18-2018, 12:02 AM   #187
3rd line Grinder
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

cnt say enough about this game.

Brodie looked pretty good, Andersson was skating really well and was making plays, 3m line... nough said

Love what Peters said in the post game about not doing the same thing if we are not getting the results.... the anti GG

Also gret use of the challenge by him, kept the momentium back in the flames corner
3rd line Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rd line Grinder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 12:03 AM   #188
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Waiting for Gaskal...
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bdubbs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 12:08 AM   #189
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Very impressive win!

Best game I've seen from Frolik in a long time. Dude was on a mission tonight.

Smith was very solid. Played the puck a little too much for my liking, but he held down the fort when necessary.

PK was outstanding.

Yay for secondary scoring!

PP still needs lots of work.

Please be ok, Johnny.
What else is new?
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:09 AM   #190
The Boy Wonder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Was at the game. Everyone looked relatively good. When you beat a team like the bruins it’s a good effort.
The Boy Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:15 AM   #191
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

I somehow fell asleep after Frolik's goal, didnt even get to see Valimaki's first
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:18 AM   #192
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
Waiting for Gaskal...
the2bears is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 12:26 AM   #193
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyone else at the game pick up on Willie Jussen pumping out the “Cause I got High” by Afroman on the Organ? I was impressed.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 12:26 AM   #194
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brodie and Gio both had great games. A great part of this early season for me is Brodie returning to form. Amazing how different a player he looks from this year to the last two.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 12:29 AM   #195
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Around the League Report

Spoiler!
18YrOldSamBennett, 1Nite, 3thirty, 420since1974, 442scotty, 81MC, 8sPOT, Allos, Art Vandelay, ASP#26525, aznazz, Barnet Flame, bc-chris, bdubbs, belsarius, BeltlineFan, Beninho, Ben_in_Canada, Biff, BigFlameDog, bigrangy, BigT112, BloodFetish, Braden, bubbsy, bzoo02, Calgary4LIfe, calgarybornnraised, calgaryboy, Cali Panthers Fan, Captaincanada80, CaptainYooh, carom, cavalera403, chummer, CKPThunder, CofR, Cole436, ColoradoFlamesFan, crapshoot, CrazyCaper, CsInMyBlood, csnarpy, D as in David, darthma, Deegee, deejay829, Demaeon, devo22, DigitalCarpenter, Dion, direwolf, dissentowner, djsFlames, Domoic, dying4acup, DynastyEra, Enoch Root, Erick Estrada, Fire, Flambé, FlameFan21, Flames Fan, Ph.D., FlamesAreOne, Flamesfan2010, FlamesFanTrev, FlamesNation23, FLAMESRULE, Flamezzz, flame^thrower, FlatLandFlamesFan, ForeverFlameFan, foshizzle11, Freddy, Gallick, Gaudreau is a Ninja, GeoRock, getbak, GoFlamesGo89, gonzo29, GranteedEV, GreatWhiteEbola, greyshep, handgroen, Hey Connor, It's Mess, Hilbilly, Hitman88, Hockey-and_stuff, HockeyKhan, HockeyPuck, Homeslice, Huntingwhale, Hyde, IamNotKenKing, indes, Inferno099, Insufficient Funds, jaikorven, jayswin, Jbo, Jetfire, jg13, Karl Racki, kbvall, KevinKlineReadingABook, KipperRules, kirant, kkaleR, Lanny'sDaMan, LeftWing, Mass_nerder, midniteowl, mikephoen, MoBiBu, Monahan For Mayor, Movechkin, MrButtons, MrMike, Mustache, Muta, N-E-B, nwflamesfan, OutToLunch, ozzy, P-Rugby, Party Elephant, Phaneuf, Plaedo, psyang, puckedoff, Puppet Guy, Radio, redflamesfan08, redforever, Redrum, Rhettzky, RoadGame, Robbob, roberts10, robertsfanatic, Robo, Rollin22x, Saint Troy, Savvy27, Scorch, sec304, Sgrath, shadowlord, Shin Pad, sicsun, SilverGS, Slacker, Snuffleupagus, StAlbertFlame, Stochansky, streetglide, Table 5, taxbuster, TBone290, terryclancy, ThatsRobbery, The Hendog, the2bears, TheMagicMan, thymebalm, Titan, TomLeeMC, topfiverecords, Torchdemall, trublmaker, tvp2003, UKflames, Ullr, underGRADFlame, VilleN, Vinny01, WhiteTiger, WinColumn, Wolven, wwkayaker, You Need a Thneed, Yrebmi, ZedMan, Zulu29
Old 10-18-2018, 12:29 AM   #196
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

I loved it! In particular, I was impressed with Valimaki and Andersson on the blue line and to see Frolik have such an excellent game after being scratched. Also, I love Noah Hanifin.

But my #1 observation from tonight's game is how much more aggressive the forecheck is compared to last year. Last year, the forecheck was butter 3 minutes deep on power level 10. This year they are turning pucks over at the offensive blue line constantly. Even if a much more aggressive forecheck is the only tactical change from Gulutzan to Peters, the coaching change is totally worth it. Who would have thought the Flames would look so much better without the other team flying out of their zone virtually unimpeded?
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:29 AM   #197
Mattman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Who knew that when we signed him this summer he would be our 4th most relevant right winger and be 4th highest scoring right winger.

Right now as it sits it's:
1. Lindholm 6pts
2a. Czarnik 3pts
2b. Frolik 3pts
4. Neal 2pts

Who would have guessed it that this early in the season those guys would have this start.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:35 AM   #198
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gaskal you are a beauty
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:36 AM   #199
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m not really worried about Neal at all. He’s reliable as they come as a 20-30 goal scorer. He’s getting his chances just seems to be snake bitten a bit. Loved the Bennett-Jankowski-Neal like tonight. Lots of pressure despite no scoring. Once Neal starts scoring it’s going to come in bunches.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:37 AM   #200
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
I loved it! In particular, I was impressed with Valimaki and Andersson on the blue line and to see Frolik have such an excellent game after being scratched. Also, I love Noah Hanifin.

But my #1 observation from tonight's game is how much more aggressive the forecheck is compared to last year. Last year, the forecheck was butter 3 minutes deep on power level 10. This year they are turning pucks over at the offensive blue line constantly. Even if a much more aggressive forecheck is the only tactical change from Gulutzan to Peters, the coaching change is totally worth it. Who would have thought the Flames would look so much better without the other team flying out of their zone virtually unimpeded?
Peters has emphasized and emphasized time after time that the forecheck is one of the biggest keys to success in hockey. You put pressure on the other team, and, if you do a really good forecheck, can cause a turnover. That is how Backlund was able to feed Frolik for his 2nd goal of the game. It was a beauty and my favorite goal this game because it shows that hard work pays off. This team is winning games because they are abiding by what Peters is giving and are seeing the results that they've wanted.

This team is going to look really scary if Smith continues to play solid and the forward depth continues to score. I have no issue with the defense considering Andersson and Valimaki are taking that defensive fears away.

Dougie who?
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post: