Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 06:34 PM   #8601
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Insider trading summary:

Sens are in waiting mode, waiting for teams to put together packages for Karlsson.
Melnyk is fine waiting until the summer to make moves when other teams have cap space and flexibility
Karlsson being traded before the deadline will depend on the offers the Sens get

Senators are willing to clear the deck to some degree
Brassard, Hoffman, Smith - conceivable Dorion trades all of them including Odyua but needs a specific return to make that happen

To some degree, Tampa, Boston, and Leafs have begun a bidding war for McDonagh
Believe there are 5 teams interested in McDonagh
McDonagh's price will be less than Karlsson
Source says Bruins are still in on McDonagh (even after acquiring Holden) but price will have to go down

Vegas may be buyers, looking at all possibilities.
They don't want to mortgage future too badly.
Vegas is exploring Karlsson

Grabner might be the first domino to fall
It started to feel like that earlier today the Rangers were whittling down the suitors on Grabner when all of a sudden some teams who they had not heard from about Grabner before contacted them and gave them pause.

Ask for Nash is 1st round pick, A prospect, and B prospect. Dreger expects the Rangers will move off that ask.
Some of the teams involved in Ottawa trade talks and McDonagh might also be interested in Nash and those other trade talks might hamstring Nash's movement

There is some willingness by the Sabres to loosen up the Kane asking price. If it is not a first may be it is a 2nd + prospect.

David Poile is a wild card and wants to add.

Josh Bailey's extension with the Islanders might be regarded as a positive in re-signing Tavares.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #8602
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Insider trading summary:

Sens are in waiting mode, waiting for teams to put together packages for Karlsson.
Melnyk is fine waiting until the summer to make moves when other teams have cap space and flexibility
Karlsson being traded before the deadline will depend on the offers the Sens get

Senators are willing to clear the deck to some degree
Brassard, Hoffman, Smith - conceivable Dorion trades all of them including Odyua but needs a specific return to make that happen

To some degree, Tampa, Boston, and Leafs have begun a bidding war for McDonagh
Believe there are 5 teams interested in McDonagh
McDonagh's price will be less than Karlsson
Source says Bruins are still in on McDonagh (even after acquiring Holden) but price will have to go down

Vegas may be buyers, looking at all possibilities.
They don't want to mortgage future too badly.
Vegas is exploring Karlsson

Grabner might be the first domino to fall
It started to feel like that earlier today the Rangers were whittling down the suitors on Grabner when all of a sudden some teams who they had not heard from about Grabner before contacted them and gave them pause.

Ask for Nash is 1st round pick, A prospect, and B prospect. Dreger expects the Rangers will move off that ask.
Some of the teams involved in Ottawa trade talks and McDonagh might also be interested in Nash and those other trade talks might hamstring Nash's movement

There is some willingness by the Sabres to loosen up the Kane asking price. If it is not a first may be it is a 2nd + prospect.

David Poile is a wild card and wants to add.

Josh Bailey's extension with the Islanders might be regarded as a positive in re-signing Tavares.
Call me crazy but a second plus a B prospect is very fair for Kane. Considering this team traded a second for Lazar who has shown zero ability to be a point producer in the NHL. I think the Flames would trade Fox for him straight up
Old 02-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #8603
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Vegas does not want to mortgage the future but they are in on Karlsson? How in the hell would that work?
Old 02-22-2018, 06:51 PM   #8604
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wonder if a Ferland for Kane swap plus pieces would work. Ferland doesn't do anything when he's not scoring anymore anyways.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:56 PM   #8605
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphusk View Post
Wonder if a Ferland for Kane swap plus pieces would work. Ferland doesn't do anything when he's not scoring anymore anyways.
Why people want to trade Ferland is beyond me - he has 30/30 potential if he puts it all together and if I’m trading him right now I want more than an unsigned Kane and a prospect.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 06:56 PM   #8606
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphusk View Post
And Kane has? 5 points in his last 23 games. Oh he did get one of his teammates to call him selfish not too long ago. Big NO for me.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #8607
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Call me crazy but a second plus a B prospect is very fair for Kane. Considering this team traded a second for Lazar who has shown zero ability to be a point producer in the NHL. I think the Flames would trade Fox for him straight up
The last thing the Flames need to do is trade Fox for any kind of rental.

Fox in a package for a long term fit yes but not for 19 games of Kane.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:00 PM   #8608
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Because honestly, Ferland looks like the 2nd coming of Matt Beleskey.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #8609
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
Why people want to trade Ferland is beyond me - he has 30/30 potential if he puts it all together and if I’m trading him right now I want more than an unsigned Kane and a prospect.
Why would anyone want to trade Ferland? Because I for one am tired of watching a player with immense talent be the worst player on the ice more often than he is one of the best which earns him #1 RW status.

I wouldn't have even let him back on the ice last night he was that bad.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:05 PM   #8610
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Why would anyone want to trade Ferland? Because I for one am tired of watching a player with immense talent be the worst player on the ice more often than he is one of the best which earns him #1 RW status.

I wouldn't have even let him back on the ice last night he was that bad.
The guy is on pace for 30 goals is 25 years old and was drafted in the 5th round ; short short memories sometimes here honestly
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heavy Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 07:07 PM   #8611
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The guy is on pace for 30 goals is 25 years old and was drafted in the 5th round ; short short memories sometimes here honestly
Hardly. All of his production is directly.tied to Monny and Gaudreau. Don't hype someone who can't hang for 82 games.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:07 PM   #8612
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
The last thing the Flames need to do is trade Fox for any kind of rental.

Fox in a package for a long term fit yes but not for 19 games of Kane.
Ya I see what you’re saying but I think Flames management is extra desperate this year. Jobs are likely on the line. I think a prospect we all like ends up getting moved to try and save the season. Be that for hoffman, Kane or someone else
Old 02-22-2018, 07:07 PM   #8613
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yup you’re crazy lol
Old 02-22-2018, 07:14 PM   #8614
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Ya I see what you’re saying but I think Flames management is extra desperate this year. Jobs are likely on the line. I think a prospect we all like ends up getting moved to try and save the season. Be that for hoffman, Kane or someone else
I think only Gulutzans job is on the line and he is not the one making decisions on trades. Hold on Kane and take a run at him in the summer if that is who we truly want. This team needs to look at the best possible position it can be in next September with or without playoffs. Playoffs at this point are a bonus and any already traded draft picks are a sunk cost. No need to chase a rental by mortgaging our window without any certainty of our playoff chances actually improving.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:16 PM   #8615
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hardly. All of his production is directly.tied to Monny and Gaudreau. Don't hype someone who can't hang for 82 games.
You need 3 players for a line - this line of thinking always makes me laugh. Sure players like Anson Carter and Jonathan Cheechoo were products of playing with great players but so what... that’s bad?

If Ferland puts up 30 goals this year playing with Johnny/Mony we should be jumping for joy but that’s just how I see it.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #8616
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You need 3 players for a line - this line of thinking always makes me laugh. Sure players like Anson Carter and Jonathan Cheechoo were products of playing with great players but so what... that’s bad?

If Ferland puts up 30 goals this year playing with Johnny/Mony we should be jumping for joy but that’s just how I see it.
And I disagree with you and think they can get better players there. Look, when Ferland is on he's great, nay, amazing. But it's far and few between that he is the good Ferland.

He's lost PP time now, and last night AND tonight lost his spot on the top line. I wonder why that is?
Old 02-22-2018, 07:31 PM   #8617
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And I disagree with you and think they can get better players there. Look, when Ferland is on he's great, nay, amazing. But it's far and few between that he is the good Ferland.

He's lost PP time now, and last night AND tonight lost his spot on the top line. I wonder why that is?
Because he’s still a player who is growing and progressing.

There is steady progression in each of his first 4 seasons here and that isn’t just because he is a benefactor of good players, the dude has put the work in I can’t see how you can say he can’t.

And boom stands up for Stajan now too.

Good guy.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #8618
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
Derick Brassard being shopped hard by @Senators. Moving target with handful of teams including the @NHLJets @NHL
Old 02-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #8619
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Insider trading summary:

Ask for Nash is 1st round pick, A prospect, and B prospect.
LOL someone better tell NYR its not 2011
Old 02-22-2018, 08:53 PM   #8620
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hey guys remember when Alex Chiasson scored 20 goals when playing with Gaudreau? And who could forget David Jones' 20 goal season? Man it is so easy putting up points with Gaudreau that the hall of fame is littered with right wingers who played opposite Johnny hockey.
Closed Thread