Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-16-2020, 05:40 PM   #1581
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

neither of these girls is getting out of bed tomorrow morning. You can almost believe that these two hate each other.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 05:50 PM   #1582
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

ok, hated this piece of booking having Gonzales come out. But I think she just murdered Knox with a top rope choke slam thought a table.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:26 PM   #1583
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Every match tonight was amazing, the ending was amazing. NXT puts together PPV's like no other.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:58 PM   #1584
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If anyone has the network I would strongly recommend you check out the Ruthless Aggression series that's going on right now which covers the period after WWE won the Monday Night Wars and went into the Ruthless Aggression era. Its a really interesting look at that era where WWE had no competition and stagnated.

Tonights episode covered John Cena and they're right when they say he's the most polarizing star in their history.

Its amazing to watch as it covers him from the start of his career in OVW (with guys like Orton, Batista, Lesnar and others) right to pretty much the end.

There are a lot of take away's that people might not remember. That everyone forgets that Cena was on the verge of being fired after the Kurt Angle Ruthless Aggression moment, that he was a bland wrestler in tights and that the only thing that saved him was one night during a European tour when he free styled to entertain the boys in the back and Stephanie asked him why that wasn't his character.

When Cena started to rise as the professor of thuganomics it was when WWE was bleeding talent. The Rock, Stone Cold, Lesnar and Angle all left leaving the main event level performers at next to nothing, and Cena literally carried that company.

When you watch this you learn that Cena is not only really self aware, but extremely smart. When the audience split on him he figured out how to play it, when he had detractors back stage he learned how to sell them on what he was doing.

Even his harshest critics can't deny that there has been nobody in the history of the business that as driven and determined as him and that most wrestlers just couldn't keep up with him.

There are very few champions that I would classify as extremely smart in what they do. Bret Hart was one of them, he was extremely aware of his fanbase and his character, Triple H had an undeniable understanding of the business, and more so the politics of the back. John Cena was all those things. He was the perfect package that carried the company through a extreme talent downtime.

Its a very cool special that ends when they ask John Cena about the Ruthless Agression Era and the lesson that he learned was that he completely and brutally failed at it, but that failure drove him so hard that it defined his work ethic, his creativity and he had to sit back and learn how the business really worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 10:26 PM   #1585
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dynamite really seems to have hit its stride over the last month and a half. That was a thoroughly entertaining show. Hangman/Omega vs. The Lucha Bros was outstanding.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 09:21 AM   #1586
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

The whole arena singing to Jericho’s theme without the music

Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:29 AM   #1587
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Dynamite really seems to have hit its stride over the last month and a half. That was a thoroughly entertaining show. Hangman/Omega vs. The Lucha Bros was outstanding.
Everything outside the womens division is clicking so well

The build up to the ppv has been super well done

The fact that they have clearly planned it so far ahead, with announcing dynamite matches sometimes 3-4 weeks ahead, is clearly paying off
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 12:00 PM   #1588
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think the end is near for Somoa Joe, he's suffered his second concussion in a month

Old 02-24-2020, 10:19 AM   #1589
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Watched the Stone Cold Sessions with Big Show last night. Well worth the watch and really interesting.

So far Stone Cold has had Undertaker (amazing), Kane (Really good) Big Show (Really good). Supposedly the next one up is the Best their is, was and ever will be. That one could be incredible because of the story that their feud told.

Old 02-24-2020, 11:17 PM   #1590
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I spotted myself on RAW.

Spoiler!
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:33 AM   #1591
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Watched the Stone Cold Sessions with Big Show last night. Well worth the watch and really interesting.

So far Stone Cold has had Undertaker (amazing), Kane (Really good) Big Show (Really good). Supposedly the next one up is the Best their is, was and ever will be. That one could be incredible because of the story that their feud told.
Goldberg was also on, he was his second guest. It really painted Goldberg in a different light for me. I haven't seen the Big Show one yet, but the first 3 were all fantastic (especially the Taker one as you noted) and I say this as someone that is not really a podcast person.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:10 AM   #1592
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I spotted myself on RAW.

Spoiler!
Were you feeling alright? You look a little fuzzy.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:17 AM   #1593
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Were you feeling alright? You look a little fuzzy.
At that time I was probably already annoyed with the kid in front of me who kept standing up during matches or waving his hands. I missed The Black Mass and Claymore because of him.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #1594
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
At that time I was probably already annoyed with the kid in front of me who kept standing up during matches or waving his hands. I missed The Black Mass and Claymore because of him.
Fair, but alas I was making a joke about the picture you posted being out of focus (likely from the picture being taken of a TV then cropped).

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:28 PM   #1595
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Fair, but alas I was making a joke about the picture you posted being out of focus (likely from the picture being taken of a TV then cropped).
lol, yeah I know. I was adding to the joke. Except I wasn't joking about being annoyed. That's life at wrestling event though unless you get front row which I had a chance at but I decided to not pay $500 again like I did at SummerSlam. I paid $80 instead and got the same view you see on TV which was actually pretty nice.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:00 AM   #1596
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Have Forgotten Sons turned face?
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #1597
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

HA HA HA HA

So they have some trophy elimination tournament on Super Showdown. Killings gets a bump as he goes through a bunch of competitors, then Styles comes out and wins by default when Rey is jumped by the OC. So he declares himself the winner, but not so fast. Undertaker comes out, 10 minute entrance. AJ attacks eats a choke slam and loses in about 6 seconds, then a 10 minute exit for the Undertaker.

Old 02-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #1598
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

This is legit the first time I've heard 'taker fully out of character, I've seen him tone it down a lot, but I had to triple check that I was listening to the right podcast.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #1599
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Man, just watched that Omega/PAC Ironman match from Dynamite last night. Gotta be one the best matches of the year so far - and crowd was white hot for it. That's how you start a show.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:43 PM   #1600
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol, just saw that Taker buried Styles and then Goldberg buried the fiend. Vince gonna Vince.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote