Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #141
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

That ladder was incredible. How you could use such skimpy twine and think it wasn't a death trap is beyond me. I have no idea how it didn't snap under him.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:04 PM   #142
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Only two episodes in... but this season is starting out as a strong contender for "Best Season Ever". It's such a joy to see all these players back. I'll never root for Rob to win but he's such great TV.

Could we get rid of Ben next please.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2020, 12:22 PM   #143
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
That ladder was incredible. How you could use such skimpy twine and think it wasn't a death trap is beyond me. I have no idea how it didn't snap under him.

I'm sure they had 2 producers and three structural engineers looking at that ladder before he went up it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:52 PM   #144
jroc
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I know there's exile island and all.... but both my picks are out after only 3 tribal's.... is that a CP record?

haha
jroc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jroc For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2020, 08:20 PM   #145
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroc View Post
I know there's exile island and all.... but both my picks are out after only 3 tribal's.... is that a CP record?

haha

Well they're not out yet, but you're on lifesupport for sure, with all of our grasping fingers pulling at the power cord.

Meanwhile the Legion of Boop is sitting pretty.

Old 02-20-2020, 08:47 PM   #146
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

haha
I'll sell you a fire token.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2020, 09:15 PM   #147
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

haha
Close. IIRC, when I was running the ladder, someone was outout (no Exile Isle) in 2 shows.

ETA: Amusingly, it was me, in the Ghost Island season. No wonder I remembered it.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 02-20-2020 at 09:21 PM.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2020, 09:58 PM   #148
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good episode. Sneaky move, I didn't see that one coming.

I am actually liking Natalie in Exile this time around. She's playing very smart there and building herself a nice little fortune. Very clever breaking a shell or two off only.

It was amusing to see Sarah creeping around the other camp, too. I have to wonder though, if that guy who woke up thought that it was a camera guy making the noise, and not an 'enemy' sneaking in the camp. I have a feeling that'd be my assumption, some clutzy camera guy.

So close on the Immunity Challenge. Nice to see that one come down to the wire like that.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:33 PM   #149
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting move for Jeremy and Michele, sends a message to Adam that he doesn’t run their alliance. It looks like they’re going to play in the middle for now. Rob and Jeremy are both from Boston and Parvati helped Michele get cast on Survivor - maybe this opens up the possibility for those four to link up if Jeremy and Michele choose to go that direction.

Always super stressed for Parv and Rob when their tribe loses, can’t believe they still haven’t been voted off. Sad that it was Ethan tonight, didn’t see that coming.

Tyson is very lucky so far, he’d be gone if his tribe lost one of these last two challenges.

Doesn’t look good for one of Ethan or Amber in the preview the next episode. Maybe one of them leaves the game.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:54 PM   #150
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Really sad to see Ethan go. So disappointing
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:23 AM   #151
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Ethan really had no game, he didn't have game when he won, he doesn't have game now. He's a nice guy who was pretty athletic, but he's older now.

Adam is an idiot. I saw the preview, you hate to see people get hurt and leave the game. They've had some pretty frightening injuries. I still remember the guy that fell in the fire and you could see the skin hanging off of his hands, but he's got good stories to tell in jail.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 01:13 AM   #152
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Am I the only one who generally prefers the older players to newer ones? Just don't like the likes of Adam and Ben. Far too smarmy and untrustworthy. Hoping for an older winner to take this one. They really need to start bonding together before the new players run this game.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 06:09 AM   #153
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Have a chance to take Rob or Parvati out, and take out Ethan. Good gravy.

I get that they look up to some of the older players and might even want to play with them, but this game is for 2 million. The longer you let those players stay in the game the worse your odds get.

Btw, fun season so far. I don’t have Yul but hope he goes far.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #154
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Am I the only one who generally prefers the older players to newer ones? Just don't like the likes of Adam and Ben. Far too smarmy and untrustworthy. Hoping for an older winner to take this one. They really need to start bonding together before the new players run this game.

To me the older players are far more measured and strategic with some exceptions. They are way more underkey as well.

With the newer players they're doing these frantic negotiations, and feel the need to get this massive consensus telling everyone their nefarious plans wha ha ha.

You look at Rob and Parv and even Sandra, there's no wasted moment, and they're taking advantage of their age and experience and other players are coming to them.

Like I said in the old game it was Observe and Destroy, the new players its like Destroy and Observe.

Old 02-27-2020, 12:51 PM   #155
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post

It was amusing to see Sarah creeping around the other camp, too. I have to wonder though, if that guy who woke up thought that it was a camera guy making the noise, and not an 'enemy' sneaking in the camp. I have a feeling that'd be my assumption, some clutzy camera guy.
That, or the footage of the guy who woke up was from another time of night or different evening all together. The show is masterful at editing footage to create a more compelling narrative than actual reality.

Speaking of editing, I'm assuming there was a bunch of unaired footage explaining why they decided to vote that weak piece of parsley Ethan off. I have a hard time understanding why they didn't take the clear shot at Parv or Rob when they had it. Perhaps the ol' keep-the-obvious-target-around-as-a-shield thing, but those two elders are slippery, and if the tribe keeps losing, the youngins will lose control in the inevitable tribe shake up.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #156
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearFart View Post
That, or the footage of the guy who woke up was from another time of night or different evening all together. The show is masterful at editing footage to create a more compelling narrative than actual reality.

Speaking of editing, I'm assuming there was a bunch of unaired footage explaining why they decided to vote that weak piece of parsley Ethan off. I have a hard time understanding why they didn't take the clear shot at Parv or Rob when they had it. Perhaps the ol' keep-the-obvious-target-around-as-a-shield thing, but those two elders are slippery, and if the tribe keeps losing, the youngins will lose control in the inevitable tribe shake up.
Essentially, Jeremy, Ben, and Michelle wanted to weaken Adam but not lose him as a number. Voting Parv gets Adam what he wants. Voting Rob takes out a meat shield for Ben and Jeremy, plus Jeremy probably assumes Rob has something from Amber at EOE. Ethan is the next in line.

Ethan goes, the new school maintains the numbers.

Adam's now on the bottom and if he flips, they still are up.

If he goes, they are still up and they've lost the most erratic player.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 01:28 PM   #157
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Who cares if Adam got what he wanted though? If they were already in agreement not to let Adam lead, the end result going forward would be the same amongst remaining youngins. Furthermore, Adam getting taged as the Parv killer would paint a huge target on him making him the meat shield for the other youngins.

It would also appear that Ben is too scared of Rob to want to keep him around as his meat shield.

Though as you say, I could see it as a hedge against Rob having an advantage from Amber, in which case Ethan was the safe bet that still weakens Rob.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #158
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I like the fire token idea, I'm wondering if you could use it for anything outside of the menu.

Buy votes. Pay someone to poop in someone's meal so they have to leave the game due to dysentery. Hold a person's head under water during a swimming challenge challenge. Buy sex.

It'd make the game more ruthless.

Old 02-27-2020, 01:55 PM   #159
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I like the fire token idea, I'm wondering if you could use it for anything outside of the menu.

Buy votes. Pay someone to poop in someone's meal so they have to leave the game due to dysentery. Hold a person's head under water during a swimming challenge challenge. Buy sex.

It'd make the game more ruthless.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CMPunk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2020, 01:55 PM   #160
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearFart View Post
Who cares if Adam got what he wanted though? If they were already in agreement not to let Adam lead, the end result going forward would be the same amongst remaining youngins. Furthermore, Adam getting taged as the Parv killer would paint a huge target on him making him the meat shield for the other youngins.

It would also appear that Ben is too scared of Rob to want to keep him around as his meat shield.

Though as you say, I could see it as a hedge against Rob having an advantage from Amber, in which case Ethan was the safe bet that still weakens Rob.
Who knows why but it seems at least Jeremy and Michelle were pissed enough at Adam to go so far as get Denise to not vote with Adam and keep him in the dark. Michelle and/or Denise may have also suggested having four woman go out as the first four was not a great look.

Haven’t looked for secret scenes for this episode yet but hopefully something comes out that goes ove what codified Ethan as a target.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote