Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-12-2021, 08:47 PM   #4881
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully
 
Textcritic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: back in Chilliwack
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Alright. By how much? Do you rate Girodano as the best d-man in the division? Who is better than him if not?
I don't know how I would rank them, actually, but I probably have Weber, Giordano and Hughes slotted as the top three. Weber has a big advantage in his physical tools; Hughes is easily the most gifted skater, and I think Giordano probably has the best positioning.
__________________
Dealing with Everything from Dead Sea Scrolls to Red C Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:47 PM   #4882
Enoch Root
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
How much of Schmidt's game was a product of an air-tight team-system in VGK? I think he is a good defenseman; I'm just not convinced that he is as good playing behind those Vancouver forwards as he was playing behind the Vegas forecheck.
Completely agree. He was a good defenseman on a great team. In Vancouver, he is going to be leaned on much more heavily.
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:13 PM   #4883
Blaster86
UnModerator
 
Blaster86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I don't know how I would rank them, actually, but I probably have Weber, Giordano and Hughes slotted as the top three. Weber has a big advantage in his physical tools; Hughes is easily the most gifted skater, and I think Giordano probably has the best positioning.

Okay, so we agree that it's close.

In hindsight, I should have just asked you if you think it's close. That would have saved time.
__________________

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY HERE TONIGHT.
WHO WANTS TO WALK WITH ELIAS?

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:29 PM   #4884
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get
 
Reggie Dunlop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Aces
Exp:
Default

They're Lizard People.
__________________
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:31 PM   #4885
djsFlames
Franchise Player
 
djsFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Where opinions are fact
Exp:
Default

No Good.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:18 PM   #4886
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player
 
CalgaryFan1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Exp:
Default

How did 2021-22 Vezina winner Demko look last night?

Genuinely asking, as I know he had a few goals against, but so did Markstrom and I thought he looked decent.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:25 PM   #4887
dino7c
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Exp:
Default

Lol Benning is good now because he drafted off TSNs list after bad seasons that were his fault in the first place? I guess Lowe is a great GM too.

Canucks D hasn't looked very good to me but I guess it's early
__________________
#MakeTheFlamesGreatAgain
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 01:26 PM   #4888
djsFlames
Franchise Player
 
djsFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Where opinions are fact
Exp:
Default

From what I saw, Demko made some big saves early, but as predicted the Canucks' team defence is innately weak and Markstrom is no longer there to play superman. Eventually Demko's resolve and confidence was beat down by the Canucks D allowing McDavid to fly into the middle of the ice and front of the net relatively unchallenged.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 01:43 PM   #4889
Enoch Root
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: May 2012
Exp:
Default

Yup, that covers it.

Wasn't Demko's fault last night, the Nucks' D is pretty bad.
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 02:07 PM   #4890
Blaster86
UnModerator
 
Blaster86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
From what I saw, Demko made some big saves early, but as predicted the Canucks' team defence is innately weak and Markstrom is no longer there to play superman. Eventually Demko's resolve and confidence was beat down by the Canucks D allowing McDavid to fly into the middle of the ice and front of the net relatively unchallenged.

I don't even think Demko's resolve got worn down. Some of those were nice goals. Guy still made 41 saves and some of them were amazing saves.

Team looked slow as fuuuuck and struggled on the second half of the back to back. Gonna have to figure that out as this season goes on.

Still, watching Markstrom not even move at all on Laine's first goal reminded me of how bad he usually was to start the season. Likely 0-2 right now without Holtby in game 1.
__________________

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY HERE TONIGHT.
WHO WANTS TO WALK WITH ELIAS?

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2021, 03:53 PM   #4891
djsFlames
Franchise Player
 
djsFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Where opinions are fact
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
I don't even think Demko's resolve got worn down. Some of those were nice goals. Guy still made 41 saves and some of them were amazing saves.

Team looked slow as fuuuuck and struggled on the second half of the back to back. Gonna have to figure that out as this season goes on.

Still, watching Markstrom not even move at all on Laine's first goal reminded me of how bad he usually was to start the season. Likely 0-2 right now without Holtby in game 1.
*gasp* Someone found a censor glitch. Filthy mouth!

Yeah Markstrom is certainly not in his groove yet, had a couple sketchy moments moving the puck last night. And tbf that was a 100mph howitzer. It might be wiser for us to start Rittich for the first bit to give Markstrom time to adjust as Ritter looks very comfortable already, starts strong out of the gate typically and is familiar with the team.

Canucks are fortunate to have decent finishing skill up front cause they look like they're going to have a rough go defensively. It's a good thing the North Division is not the strongest overall. They should be able to win their share of 5-3/5-4 type games, but the pro-canuck tire pumpers on the radio definitely oversold how good their defense actually is (not very).

Last edited by djsFlames; 01-15-2021 at 03:56 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #4892
Blaster86
UnModerator
 
Blaster86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
*gasp* Someone found a censor glitch. Filthy mouth!

Yeah Markstrom is certainly not in his groove yet, had a couple sketchy moments moving the puck last night. And tbf that was a 100mph howitzer. It might be wiser for us to start Rittich for the first bit to give Markstrom time to adjust as Ritter looks very comfortable already, starts strong out of the gate typically and is familiar with the team.

Take solace in that is how Markstrom starts every season. I would caution putting Rittich in though. Markstrom is the kid of guy who works into his groove by playing a lot.


Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Canucks are fortunate to have decent finishing skill up front cause they look like they're going to have a rough go defensively. It's a good thing the North Division is not the strongest overall. They should be able to win their share of 5-3/5-4 type games, but the pro-canuck tire pumpers on the radio definitely oversold how good their defense actually is (not very).

They were actually good in the first game with only Hamonic (who had 0 prep) and the rookie having major issues. Second game they all looked like a tire fire though.

It's really going to depend on how they round out as games get played. Offense is going to be on fire as defense finds its groove across the league. Same as with how the NFL started. There's going to be a lot of blown leads and high scoring affairs. The D-Core is better than last season for the Canucks, it's not even a question.
__________________

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY HERE TONIGHT.
WHO WANTS TO WALK WITH ELIAS?

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:02 PM   #4893
dino7c
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Exp:
Default

Lol nobody stops that Laine shot don't be ridiculous. Best shot in the game on a clear break
__________________
#MakeTheFlamesGreatAgain
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:36 PM   #4894
djsFlames
Franchise Player
 
djsFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Where opinions are fact
Exp:
Default

Where's Barca and that fat mouth of his?

Markstrom just made your guys his b####.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 11:41 PM   #4895
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get
 
Reggie Dunlop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Aces
Exp:
Default

Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 11:58 PM   #4896
dino7c
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Exp:
Default

Markstrom sure took a while to "get into his groove"
__________________
#MakeTheFlamesGreatAgain
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:50 AM   #4897
Blaster86
UnModerator
 
Blaster86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Where's Barca and that fat mouth of his?

Markstrom just made your guys his b####.

I dunno. I think the Canucks didn't really challenge him.
__________________

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY HERE TONIGHT.
WHO WANTS TO WALK WITH ELIAS?

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:55 AM   #4898
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player
 
Cali Panthers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
I dunno. I think the Canucks didn't really challenge him.
Which is even worse, wouldn't you say?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
If we can't fall in love with replaceable bottom 6 players then the terrorists have won.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:06 AM   #4899
---Hatrick---
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Red Deer
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
I dunno. I think the Canucks didn't really challenge him.
Didnít challenge him? Maybe they didnít have any 10 beller scoring chances, but thatís because the Flames played solid defence and kept most of the Canucks shots to low danger spots. Something Iím sure he isnít used to through out a full game
__________________
It was in.
---Hatrick--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:07 AM   #4900
---Hatrick---
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Red Deer
Exp:
Default

Thanks for Tanev too! He looked prettayyyy pretttaaayyy pretty good
__________________
It was in.
---Hatrick--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:35 AM.

Calgary Flames
2019-20




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016