Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #241
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ahhh, dropped a couple of nukes on some CP members this morning. Totally unnecessary. Totally worth it.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #242
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ya, thanks for that.
jolinar of malkshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #243
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was *this* close to just nuking Raoul and leaving you alone, but I figured I'd hit you as well when I saw that you were simultaneously taking me out on St. Albert Tr. - 137 avenue area.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #244
jolinar of malkshor
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Oh....I thought you might not notice that. It's hard to maintain territory in the city.
jolinar of malkshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:50 AM   #245
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

A new update has been released!

Now you are able to search users based on their user name or search for other locations around the world.

The user name search allows you to sort where your enemy was recently or the proximity of their territories to your current location.

The user territory list will tell you what territories they have troops in, what resources those territories have, how far away they are from your current location, when they were last active in that territory and supplies a "jump" button to jump you on the map to that location.

Next up: Alliances and messaging. Form alliances with your friends. Trash talk your enemies (more than just taunting them with your territory names).
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #246
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm liking the update. I haven't really used the new features too much, but I enjoy the fact that attacking is a lot quicker and easier now. Things are streamlined. I can take over jolinar's territories much faster now.

I went for a little highway drive this morning and upped my territories by nearly 50%. Highway driving is where it's at.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #247
Republic of Awesome
Draft Pick

Raoul Duke should rename himself Raoul Nuked! Got him twice this weekend.

Jolinar looks like is out of town. Someone should really scoop up his land. Based on his pattern, looks like he is out looking for a virgin goat east of the city.
Republic of Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #248
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I dropped about 8 nukes in Calgary this weekend. It was awesome nuking people for the sake of nuking them. I was one nuke short of taking ffmf's home base down from 16000 troops haha.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #249
GrrlGoalie33
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm having lots of fun with the game so far. A guy from work bought it to! His connection seems to bounce around, so he's managing to rule 4 territories without ever moving away from his house!

drandersen is his name if you feel like taking him out!
GrrlGoalie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #250
jdso
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I dropped about 8 nukes in Calgary this weekend. It was awesome nuking people for the sake of nuking them. I was one nuke short of taking ffmf's home base down from 16000 troops haha.
I was not impressed with this at all. I was wondering wtf was going on. Then figured out it was a random thing, but not before I wasted resources on attacking you. You've single-handedly halved my territories. Gotta take 'em back soon with a (slow) drive to Edmonton.
jdso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:27 PM   #251
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

dranderson may live in the same complex as me. haha. he's got a junk load more points than i do in my "home" and i've kind of resigned myself to not owning my home. I don't pay enough attention to the game to actually do anything. I have 2 territories. The most I had was 4 I think.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #252
GrrlGoalie33
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone know who slyons44 is?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #253
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster View Post
Anyone know who slyons44 is?
I think he's a friend of Ryan, one of the coders. Why?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #254
GrrlGoalie33
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I think he's a friend of Ryan, one of the coders. Why?
One of these days I'm gonna go primal on his a$$! He waits until I have a good stockpile of troops...then boom! It's mostly him that causes me to lose territories.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #255
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I think a few of us have people we would like to nuke more often. My neighbourhood is overrun by players now. I can only maintain my house. That's because I can leave my phone on over night...
Old 02-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #256
Captain Chuckles
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster View Post
One of these days I'm gonna go primal on his a$$! He waits until I have a good stockpile of troops...then boom! It's mostly him that causes me to lose territories.
Yeah I owe him a few after he ravaged my home for a week. Ryan knows him and I will be in his home territory tonight, maybe revenge time!
Captain Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #257
TimSJ
First Line Centre

Exp:

drove to Halifax Tuesday and accumulated a bunch of territories. Just need to find some more people down here to join up. Not that much fun with no one to mess around with.

There was one person in Halifax and i took a few territories from him.

TimSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #258
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Looks like we have a new world leader.

Nice work Jolinar. Let us know if you're more Kim Jong Il than Stephen Harper. That way we can start stockpiling our nukes.

BTW: If you're looking to get more people to play the game, send around this link to your friends. The game is much more fun with more people playing and we would love to see it catch on more outside of our awesome province.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...gn-mpt=uo%3D6#
Old 02-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #259
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

This game almost makes me want to buy an iPhone... almost I think we need an Android version too

But I'll recommend this game to my iFriends.
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #260
GrrlGoalie33
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chuckles View Post
Yeah I owe him a few after he ravaged my home for a week. Ryan knows him and I will be in his home territory tonight, maybe revenge time!
I managed to take a few from him last night on a drive out to Springbank.

Went out there for a game...funny how it took me twice as long to get home as it did to get there