Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #1721
jofillips
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I will never step foot in a single dairy queen after their latest criminal offering....
jofillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #1722
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jofillips View Post
I will never step foot in a single dairy queen after their latest criminal offering....
Dairy Queen gets lifetime immunity from me because of that awesome commercial they had a few years ago where the dog bums a chicken strip, and then insists on some dipping sauce.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #1723
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ah.. The Iogo yogurt commercial. The whole commercial I am waiting to hear how they are affiliated with Disney.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #1724
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

That new scratch lottery ticket commercial with the demented smiling in it.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #1725
Nammer403
Franchise Player

Exp:

The VW Tiguan commercials and Fountain Tire commercials over the radio
Old 11-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #1726
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Telus where the kids cook wieners from a fire displayed on an LCD TV.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vulcan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #1727
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fibre1 commercial
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #1728
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Telus where the kids cook wieners from a fire displayed on an LCD TV.
I dislike it most because of how they portray Les Stroud.. Plus it makes me miss Survivor-man.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #1729
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

I am tiring of the Tundra commercial where they build a baseball diamond.

First of all, overlooking the impossibly beautiful house/yard/neighborhood, it appears that they put the outfield in the same place where it could break a window again, not to mention all the foul balls and whatnot. Guy's den is probably bigger than my living room too.

Then, like most home improvement commercials, it shows how you can build the most gigantic of unrealistic projects if you a) simply buy items at (insert home improvement store here) or b) buy (insert brand) truck here, without even thinking of what the cost would be, not to mention zoning laws, etc.

###### I hate advertising.

Last edited by ricosuave; 11-20-2013 at 08:38 PM.
ricosuave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ricosuave For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #1730
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Hugo Boss or whoever cologne ad with Van Wilder in it. Puts his shirt on, stares into the camera. Puts a suit on, stares into the camera. WTF? I guess he's supposed to be super cool or something.

All I think when I see him is the scene where they are getting the dog to hump the Long Johns to give them a special cream filling. Very cologne worthy.
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #1731
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speeders.

Just the most awful radio commercials. "Let's ask our customers!" Followed by the most obviously crappy written, poorly acted dialogue ever. And "Hey, did you just hear that commercial for Speeders? Let's go check it out!"

You run a go-kart company. Your ads write themselves. Why are these so terrible and assume their audience is completely stupid?
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #1732
19Yzerman19
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Dairy Queen gets lifetime immunity from me because of that awesome commercial they had a few years ago where the dog bums a chicken strip, and then insists on some dipping sauce.
Not to mention the blizzard commercial that a bunch of people got all upset about for whatever reason.

I laughed out loud when I first saw that, but also just the principle of people actually manufacturing outrage about it...
19Yzerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #1733
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Moxies and The Keg commercials. Sorry, when I go out to eat, I want good food. Not some place filled with whores and d-bags. Stop trying to make these places look like night clubs to attract people, restaurants should only have to rely on word of mouth advertising. If that's not working, your food sucks.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 12:43 AM   #1734
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Car commercials that equate their car with some random historical invention or innovation. Your Mazda is the Fosbury Flop of cars? Yeah, well my Chevy is the neutral zone trap of cars.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #1735
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosuave View Post
I am tiring of the Tundra commercial where they build a baseball diamond.

First of all, overlooking the impossibly beautiful house/yard/neighborhood, it appears that they put the outfield in the same place where it could break a window again, not to mention all the foul balls and whatnot. Guy's den is probably bigger than my living room too.

Then, like most home improvement commercials, it shows how you can build the most gigantic of unrealistic projects if you a) simply buy items at (insert home improvement store here) or b) buy (insert brand) truck here, without even thinking of what the cost would be, not to mention zoning laws, etc.

###### I hate advertising.
That one really is top of the list bad....for the above things mentioned, also, details that make no sense. First, I am sure you can convert any city lot into a personal baseball diamond with a wall and bleachers....and no one cares about the increased traffic or garbage..and as mentioned, now kids purposely trying to hit balls out of the yard.

Past all that, and first of all, in their reverse chronology, the kid on the red team hits the ball first in the completed park.

Next shot is the excited parent spilling pop corn. So the parents are going nuts before the kid hits the pitch? There's already a kid on second base so this wasn't the first pitch. Mainly though, they're trying to get viewers to cheat the laws of time and have the excited parent of the red team make people forget the sequence and think that the parents of the red team are cheering the hitting of the ball, not that it happened before.

Finally, the last shot shows the ball fire through a window of a blue house...the entire time the guy with the truck lives in a white house.

But, good thing they had a Tundra to pull that rock out of the way and carry a bunch of sod. No other truck can do that.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #1736
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Car commercials that equate their car with some random historical invention or innovation. Your Mazda is the Fosbury Flop of cars? Yeah, well my Chevy is the neutral zone trap of cars.
What gets me with the Fosbury Flop is that at the same time, Debby Brill a Canadian from Maple Ridge was doing the Brill Bend, also a world record holder, so why are they selling this American when they could be selling a Canadian. Screw you Mazda.

Quote:
Her unique reverse jumping style was called the "Brill Bend" and was developed independently about the same time as Dick Fosbury was developing the similar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debbie_Brill
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #1737
jeffman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hyundai and Kia commercials
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #1738
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Lincoln ad on the radio with an elf talking to Santa about some idiot asking for an LTZ for $420 a month or something....I want to stab someone when I hear it. I noticed in the disclaimer that you need an 8 grand down payment...Whatever happened to buying cars based on price, not what the payment is? Its so much bs....
/rant
Red Ice Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #1739
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ice Player View Post
Whatever happened to buying cars based on price, not what the payment is? Its so much bs....
/rant
It's the sign of a financial idiot when someone goes shopping for a car based on "the monthly payment". Do people not realize you can manipulate the variables for that payment to be anything?

Kind of along the same idea, I hate commercials that advertise "no credit? no problem!". Of course it's a problem...it's a huge problem. You're going to get a ridiculous interest rate, and you're going to be paying it for the next decade. But hey, no problem!
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #1740
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
It's the sign of a financial idiot when someone goes shopping for a car based on "the monthly payment". Do people not realize you can manipulate the variables for that payment to be anything?

Kind of along the same idea, I hate commercials that advertise "no credit? no problem!". Of course it's a problem...it's a huge problem. You're going to get a ridiculous interest rate, and you're going to be paying it for the next decade. But hey, no problem!
Good credit, bad credit, no credit? Don't sweat it!
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks