Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-29-2019, 02:04 PM   #1401
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

AEW is being investigated over the Moxley Omega match on the request of former WCW announcer Chris Cruise

https://lordsofpain.net/aew-reported...y-omega-match/

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:39 PM   #1402
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
AEW is being investigated over the Moxley Omega match on the request of former WCW announcer Chris Cruise

Is that a work?

He's asking why they didn't enforce rules, including but limited to things like jumping off of ropes onto an opponent, or leaving the ring during a contest... Um, like, y'know, typical stuff you see in the majority of matches..

I think the one he's trying to get at is blading. I'm not really sure what the rules are for blading but if that's what he is questioning, then why bring up the rest. That is why I think it's a work.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2019, 06:36 PM   #1403
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its not a work, the Athletic Commissions will never ever participate in a work.

Its similar to years ago when Russo called Hogan a big bald SOB and Hogan filed a lawsuit and people were saying it was a work. Legitimate bodies won't participate in a work, it would get people fired and prosecuted.

Old 11-29-2019, 07:25 PM   #1404
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Is that a work?

He's asking why they didn't enforce rules, including but limited to things like jumping off of ropes onto an opponent, or leaving the ring during a contest... Um, like, y'know, typical stuff you see in the majority of matches..

I think the one he's trying to get at is blading. I'm not really sure what the rules are for blading but if that's what he is questioning, then why bring up the rest. That is why I think it's a work.
If it's legitimate then you would put literally everything, no matter how remote and let the commission sort it out.

Captain is right, if the commission is involved then it wouldn't be a work. That said, anyone could say they're going to be asking a question, which is very different from filing a complaint and the commission investigating.

At this point it's just a tweet.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:29 PM   #1405
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Slight correction the article states the Commission couldn't answer Cruise's questions because they were already conducting a formal investigation.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:07 PM   #1406
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Old 12-07-2019, 11:08 PM   #1407
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Old 12-08-2019, 05:23 AM   #1408
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Was this shoot or kayfabe? I mean Pillman kinda did something similar back in the 90s. I get it was a vignette vs. an actual in-ring incident but it's on the same spectrum.

In other news, Teddy Hart got released by MLW the other day after more revelations came to light regarding the missing girl he was involved with.

Can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I used to attend Teddy's wrestling school when I was a wee lad. It was kind of a joke because Teddy was barely ever around so most of the classes were run by Harry (Davey Boy Smith Jr) and TJ (Tyson Kidd).

They held the classes at BJ's gym downtown, near the old Cecil. TJ was always the nicest and most helpful of the three of them. Harry was a a decent guy but you could tell he felt his role was to "break the kids in." Teddy would show up like once a month and kind of instruct but mostly just stand in the ring and check out his abs in the mirror. He was always pleasant to all of us kids but it was kind of a running joke between us.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:57 AM   #1409
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Was this shoot or kayfabe? I mean Pillman kinda did something similar back in the 90s. I get it was a vignette vs. an actual in-ring incident but it's on the same spectrum.

In other news, Teddy Hart got released by MLW the other day after more revelations came to light regarding the missing girl he was involved with.

Can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I used to attend Teddy's wrestling school when I was a wee lad. It was kind of a joke because Teddy was barely ever around so most of the classes were run by Harry (Davey Boy Smith Jr) and TJ (Tyson Kidd).

They held the classes at BJ's gym downtown, near the old Cecil. TJ was always the nicest and most helpful of the three of them. Harry was a a decent guy but you could tell he felt his role was to "break the kids in." Teddy would show up like once a month and kind of instruct but mostly just stand in the ring and check out his abs in the mirror. He was always pleasant to all of us kids but it was kind of a running joke between us.

When I saw that gif on the gun pulling, I read it was Kayfabe, and its not the only one, there was another one in CZW when a wrestler playing the role of a police officer pulled a gun in the ring as well.

Teddy Hart is super talented, there's no doubt about it, at one point he was considered the most naturally talented of this generation of Harts. But he's also been considered to be caustic, unprofessional and a locker room cancer who's only concerned with putting himself over. At one point in an interview Bret commented that Teddy just doesn't understand the business.

He had an early opportunity with WWE but they cut him from his developmental deal for what they called severe discipline issues.

The whole Samatha Fiddler thing is very creepy.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2019, 04:38 PM   #1410
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

The video Captain posted is from DDT? I want to say and it's just an in ring joke angle. I've seen a longer version, but I can't find it at the moment.

Luke Harper, Konnor, Viktor and Sin Cara go their releases today.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:32 PM   #1411
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was a huge fan of Ascension in NXT they were a proto tag team with a great entrance. they never caught on with the main roster, though Victor was a Calgary born Hart Dungeon graduate, and I remember seeing him with Stampede wrestling in 2001 wrestling in front of about 20 people and putting on a very good match.

Old 12-08-2019, 06:42 PM   #1412
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
When I saw that gif on the gun pulling, I read it was Kayfabe, and its not the only one, there was another one in CZW when a wrestler playing the role of a police officer pulled a gun in the ring as well.

Teddy Hart is super talented, there's no doubt about it, at one point he was considered the most naturally talented of this generation of Harts. But he's also been considered to be caustic, unprofessional and a locker room cancer who's only concerned with putting himself over. At one point in an interview Bret commented that Teddy just doesn't understand the business.

He had an early opportunity with WWE but they cut him from his developmental deal for what they called severe discipline issues.

The whole Samatha Fiddler thing is very creepy.
The one thing I did read is that Teddy has bipolar disorder that went undiagnosed/untreated for years. Couple that with his rumoured drug use and its a bad mix. He was supposedly great during his run in MLW but it sounds like Bauer just doesn't want the legal mess reflecting on the company and I can't say I blame him.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:05 PM   #1413
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
The one thing I did read is that Teddy has bipolar disorder that went undiagnosed/untreated for years. Couple that with his rumoured drug use and its a bad mix. He was supposedly great during his run in MLW but it sounds like Bauer just doesn't want the legal mess reflecting on the company and I can't say I blame him.

Just reading on it, it goes beyond that, he no showed events and showed up at NXT and AEW tapings and caused trouble. As well in a bout he went out of his way to make his opponent look like trash.

In other words typical Teddy, I doubt anyone is going to book him anymore.

Old 12-09-2019, 12:48 AM   #1414
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just reading on it, it goes beyond that, he no showed events and showed up at NXT and AEW tapings and caused trouble. As well in a bout he went out of his way to make his opponent look like trash.

In other words typical Teddy, I doubt anyone is going to book him anymore.
Yeah, he also posted some really bizarre videos on his YouTube channel. I hate to say stuff like "typical Teddy" because I think he's just been destroyed by mental illness in an environment that's generally not been very supportive of mental illness. It's just a real shame.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #1415
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Robert Roode and Primo Colon have been hit with 30-day suspensions for Wellness policy violations
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #1416
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got a ticket for RAW in Winnipeg in February. I was surprised it was only $80 to sit 9th row in the middle section in the stands facing the camera. I think I paid $120 to sit row 10 for SmackDown in Toronto.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:52 AM   #1417
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Raw is in Winnipeg? Wow that is surprising. I thought they gave up on Prairie province TV events. Maybe Jericho and Omega have created a hot spot of wrestling profits.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #1418
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wonder if Winnipeg getting a televised event could signal a return to Calgary too.

There hasn't been a televised TV taping West of Toronto in Canada since they taped in Calgary/Edmonton in May of 2013.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:17 AM   #1419
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Wonder if Winnipeg getting a televised event could signal a return to Calgary too.

There hasn't been a televised TV taping West of Toronto in Canada since they taped in Calgary/Edmonton in May of 2013.
Theres a smackdown in Vancouver in February as well, 10 days before winnipeg

I've always been surprised they didnt do western Canada more lately, especially since they still do Washington state at least once a year, and Canada always does well for ufc events
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:28 AM   #1420
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Theres a smackdown in Vancouver in February as well, 10 days before winnipeg

I've always been surprised they didnt do western Canada more lately, especially since they still do Washington state at least once a year, and Canada always does well for ufc events
I think sometimes they think "Well the live event didn't do great, so let's not bring a TV show there"

When really it's self fulfilling at that point. If you don't bring a TV event to a city for 6 or 7 years then of course the Live audience will slowly go down.

I used to make a point of going to Raw/Smackdown, then for a while I went to the Live events, but now it's more of "what's the point" when really it's kind of the same show every time they come for a Live event.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote