Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-12-2019, 08:33 PM   #81
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Say what you will about Michie’s bullying, self absorbed attitude, constant condescension towards Holly...but his gameplay is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Not nearly as dumb as he looks.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:47 PM   #82
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Epic move by Michie. I am surprised (and impressed)
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:35 PM   #83
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

The second half of this season has been so good. That was a really good lie by Jackson and a potential game-winning move.

Hope Nicole can win still this, but giving Jackson a 50% chance of getting to the final 3 instead of a 25%...ugh

Kudos to Tommy for being a really great sport about it all.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #84
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah this is a rare season that's got arguable better the further it's gone. Jackson will have to win veto or I don't like his chances to get to final three. If he gets to final three the game should be his for the taking. I wasn't a big Tommy fan for the first half of the season as I feel he kind of floated to an extent behind Christie and the alliances but he really grew on me with his good hearted personality. Future players could take note of the class he showed after being taken out by a big game move. Moves like this is what Big Brother is supposed to be all about and I feel the players of late have let pettiness get in the way from appreciating good game play.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:56 AM   #85
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

When Nicole was thinking about taking out Holly she should have used the POV on Tommy and then Tommy for sure would have voted with her and taken out Holly. Cliff seemed to
be on the fence the whole time and before all that stuff went down I thought for sure Jackson would be the tie breaker.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:57 PM   #86
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

So Cliff has lost his mind? Bizarre gameplay from him after looking quite strong since he came back into the house. Especially since he’s not good at comps. His whole strength has been social game and he blew it all up just like that.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:08 PM   #87
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cliff is completely delusional...he actually thinks Jackson and Holly would pick him over each other? Deals don't mean anything this late in the game.

I won't be sad to see him go home tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:57 AM   #88
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Things went to Cliff's head in the last week thinking that he actually had power over Jackson and Holly. He played a pretty good game to get as far as he did but he was always going to have to win one of these competitions at the end to secure a spot in the top 3 and just didn't have it in him. While it would be nice to see a blindside eviction I have a feeling Jackson is going to tell him before the vote that he's taking Holly in hopes of still securing his vote.

Hard not to imagine that Jackson and Holly are going to be in the final two as I can't see Nichole winning two out of three comps against them.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:32 AM   #89
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think Cliff is starting to get worn down mentally and now he actually thinks Jackson would honor their deal. It could be editing but he is coming across as delusional. This is Jackson's game to lose now
Old 09-19-2019, 04:25 PM   #90
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post

Hard not to imagine that Jackson and Holly are going to be in the final two as I can't see Nichole winning two out of three comps against them.
The final competition is such a crap shoot. Always hated the "complete the jury members sentences" comp. Might as well flip a coin.

If Nicole can get into that competition, she's got a good enough shot to win it and take out Jackson on her way to the 500k. She's gotta get there though and I'm not sure she can beat Jackson/Holly in the two upcoming competitions which are usually an endurance and then a mix of physical/knowledge of the past three months.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:27 PM   #91
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
I think Cliff is starting to get worn down mentally and now he actually thinks Jackson would honor their deal. It could be editing but he is coming across as delusional. This is Jackson's game to lose now
I don't think it's editing, he was saying the words "we're final three" to nicole after Jackson won the veto. Cliff was pretty delusional. Not sure how much he knows going into tonight though. I would suspect that he's caught wind of Jackson's plan.
VANFLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:29 PM   #92
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Tonight's ending is so predictable they'll be showing clips of the jury house as a filler. Then I am guessing Sunday will be the recap episode where they say scripted lines talking about different parts of the season w/clips
Old 09-19-2019, 09:01 PM   #93
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I’m not a huge Nick fan but Kat is a huge, huge upgrade on Bella. She was and is toxic. Her outbursts since she left the house have been childish. Kat is hilarious and for sure one of my favourites this season.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:39 AM   #94
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Say what you will about Michie’s bullying, self absorbed attitude, constant condescension towards Holly...but his gameplay is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Not nearly as dumb as he looks.
I disagree with brilliant. He's good at getting himself out of messes he shouldn't have been in but he's not forward-thinking and analytical enough to be considered brilliant.

You're in Final 5, there's two couples, you're one of the couples, you put up the other couple. This is Big Brother 101. There's no excuse for what he did if you want to characterize him as brilliant. You don't have to target them, you just need to make sure they can't target your partner. He made a near fatal move and didn't even recognize that it was a possibility until it almost happened.

He can excuse it by saying "All we have to do is make sure Tommy doesn't win veto, it doesn't matter who goes up. If he does win, he's off the block anyways, so this way we can make him feel a bit more comfortable that he has a chance if me or Holly win."

But by leaving Nicole off the block he almost sent his girlfriend home on his HoH. Which has been a theme this season of HoH's resulting in the closest allies being targets it seems, Kristie almost going out on Tommy's and finally Cliff going out on Nicole's. But the only one who's fault was the HoH was Jackson.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #95
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
I disagree with brilliant. He's good at getting himself out of messes he shouldn't have been in but he's not forward-thinking and analytical enough to be considered brilliant.

You're in Final 5, there's two couples, you're one of the couples, you put up the other couple. This is Big Brother 101. There's no excuse for what he did if you want to characterize him as brilliant. You don't have to target them, you just need to make sure they can't target your partner. He made a near fatal move and didn't even recognize that it was a possibility until it almost happened.

He can excuse it by saying "All we have to do is make sure Tommy doesn't win veto, it doesn't matter who goes up. If he does win, he's off the block anyways, so this way we can make him feel a bit more comfortable that he has a chance if me or Holly win."

But by leaving Nicole off the block he almost sent his girlfriend home on his HoH. Which has been a theme this season of HoH's resulting in the closest allies being targets it seems, Kristie almost going out on Tommy's and finally Cliff going out on Nicole's. But the only one who's fault was the HoH was Jackson.
Jackson also wasted his other HoHs to rid of Sis and Jess. He's a good player but I wouldn't call him brilliant. He also passed up too many chances to get Christie out (3 or 4 straight weeks) and is lucky that the power didn't swing during one of those weeks like it usually does.

He's been great at comps and made a really good move to keep Holly but I dislike the fact that production allowed him to cheat on slop earlier in the season and dropped have nots for the rest of the season afterwards. He is most likely going to win this though.

Final 3 HoH, Part 2 Spoiler
Spoiler!
Old 09-23-2019, 10:43 PM   #96
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

What do you mean cheat on slop?

They got rid of have nots because of him?
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:16 PM   #97
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post

Yes, maybe. After he left Sam said it was making people sick but most people think that’s BS since it coincidentally happened to coincide with Jackson cheating and eating regular food as a have not with no consequences. He should have been severely punished but wasn’t.

Now there is no slop and no have nots and there hasn’t been for weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 06:48 AM   #98
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jackson in the diary room a week ago: "I had Holly throw the HoH because I couldn't have her protected in case Cliff or Nicole won the veto."
Jackson in the diary room two days ago: "Everything I've done in this game has been to protect Holly."

Jackson might be one of those players that should win but won't own his game because he is not self aware or at least wants to fool America that he is a better person than he is.

If he tries to take a "Holier than though" position and talks about how he was super loyal until someone wasn't loyal to them, he's not going to endear himself to people like Kat and Jessica, especially the latter. Christie probably also falls in this category because she too is unaware like Jackson. Throw in Analyse seemingly despising the guy and it might not be a run away for him.

I still think he wins if it's him and Holly with votes from Nicole, Cliff, Tommy, Jack and Nick but of all the 'bitter jury' upsets, this is one I feel like could be a bit justified.

The interesting thing is that there are a bunch of couples who could be swayed just because of their "other half." Can Jack convince Analyse to vote Jackson? Nick convince Kat? Does Christie get Tommy to vote for someone he doesn't want to? Could be a bit of a Howie voting for Maggie because of his partner situation.

Also on another note, how stupid were Cliff and Nicole. Not just for taking Holly but for flipping back and forth after telling both sides they were doing so. Cliff thinking Jackson would be honest with him after telling him he was going to betray him is terrible game play. Not that it mattered much, nothing they could have done except won the veto.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 09-24-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 07:18 AM   #99
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post

He was sneaking food into the shower multiple times back in July while he was a Have Not. I think the Have Not rule is stupid but Big Brother usually gives a penalty nomination or a penalty eviction vote to anyone who breaks that rule. He would’ve had an advantage in competitions against anyone else who was on slop.

Also Producer Allison Grodner stopped doing her weekly interviews with BB Network after they asked her about Jackson cheating slop.

I’ve also never seen BB cater to someone as much as they’ve catered to Jackson. The pantry is always full with Watermelon.

Last edited by mile; 09-24-2019 at 07:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 11:16 AM   #100
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

it sounds like Jackson is getting special treatment from producers, but why? I don't see what makes him so special compared to everyone else. Maybe it's because he's the only one willing to push the limits whereas others actually follow the rules. They don't even talk about have nots anymore so it would make sense if something happened.

Rooting for Nicole at this point but I highly doubt she even makes it to final 2. Between Jackson and Holly I guess I would have to pick Jackson because he's played a better game overall compared to Holly. Then again..... Holly could play up the angle she purposely hid behind bigger targets (Jackson) to further her game and that may get her some votes. Guessing Cliff and Jack will not vote for Jackson regardless of who he goes against