Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #1461
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
What I'd like to know is what did those windows do to piss everyone off?

Any idea at all what the point of that was?
I looked at it as siege warfare. They don't want to kill everyone, they want to destroy Negan. Now putting aside the snipers that can take out guards from a mile away but can't take him out from 100 yards they have set up a bad situation for the people in Sanctuary. Surrounded by a Horde they won't be getting out for supplies soon and without windows they open everyone to the environment too. Gonna get cold, rainy, and much easier to hear the moaning of the Walkers outside. Morale will suffer and how long before the normal people rise up against the Saviours in hope that Rick will lift the siege?

That was my take on the windows anyways.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to belsarius For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #1462
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

It seems that they could have taken out Negan and his thugs when they were outside. I guess this makes for better television, but that's what they should have done.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #1463
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
With Fear being based in Mexico and Southern California and TWD in the Georgia area, it's a good lot of distance to cover in the apocalypse.
Maybe they can get a wagon, hitch some walkers up to it, and hang Nick from a big pole in front to keep them moving. In fact, these shows don't have nearly enough McGyvering of walkers. They could use them for all sorts of things. Walker wheels for power, for instance.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:51 PM   #1464
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Didn't Abe come from Texas? I thought they mentioned that in the TV series. He's the only real character I could see crossover. I assume the time gap is fairly large between S3 of FTWD to S8 of TWD.

Unless one of the FTWD characters is part of the saviors/garbage people.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:01 PM   #1465
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belsarius View Post
I looked at it as siege warfare. They don't want to kill everyone, they want to destroy Negan. Now putting aside the snipers that can take out guards from a mile away but can't take him out from 100 yards they have set up a bad situation for the people in Sanctuary. Surrounded by a Horde they won't be getting out for supplies soon and without windows they open everyone to the environment too. Gonna get cold, rainy, and much easier to hear the moaning of the Walkers outside. Morale will suffer and how long before the normal people rise up against the Saviours in hope that Rick will lift the siege?

That was my take on the windows anyways.
Beats the crap out of my theory that it was a secondary mission to remove the nasty glare from the windows disturbing everyone in Alexandria.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 03:08 PM   #1466
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Eugene going to end up staying with the saviours. Rick seemed to lump him into the lieutenants of Negans army. Be interesting to see them take out one of their own if it comes down to that.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #1467
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Regulator75 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2017, 03:50 PM   #1468
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think rick’s plan is to have this drag out for a while and psychologically rip Negan’s group apart. Maggie kept saying she had to be there at least at the “start”. This seems like it was the first phase in a long series of planned events. I think we eventually end up with rick killing negan in front of his lieutenants like negan killed glen and Abraham in front of their friends.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #1469
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
It seems that they could have taken out Negan and his thugs when they were outside. I guess this makes for better television, but that's what they should have done.
Could be the whole "I'm Negan." thing that all members of the Survivors adopt. Decapitate the leader(s) and others step up with the same mentality. I think Rick's approach is meant to crush that spirit and not just take out the current leadership.
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #1470
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever_Iggy View Post
Could be the whole "I'm Negan." thing that all members of the Survivors adopt. Decapitate the leader(s) and others step up with the same mentality. I think Rick's approach is meant to crush that spirit and not just take out the current leadership.
This is one of the issues I have with Negan and the Saviors. That one guy that ran away and Dwight tracked down mentions that they are all obeying and cowering to one guy with a bat, and Dwight sympathizes with him. Apart from Simon and a few lieutenants the majority of them seem so incapable or unwilling to follow him. Following Eugene around the compound showed that they are far from a united front. Pain, punishment, and death are really the only rule. At the root they are a bunch of criminals organizing and commanding captives through fear.

Hell, their entire mantra is "We are one man (Negan)". Seems to me if you took the head off the snake, along with a few committed members, they would scatter or flock to Rick & Company's cause.

I guess I just don't buy the "we are Negan" thing as a counterpoint to assassination. Of course it has to be this way to make for a more interesting and prolonged story in TV land. As a committed viewer I choose to accept this over logic and enjoy the ride.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:07 AM   #1471
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I think rick’s plan is to have this drag out for a while and psychologically rip Negan’s group apart. Maggie kept saying she had to be there at least at the “start”. This seems like it was the first phase in a long series of planned events. I think we eventually end up with rick killing negan in front of his lieutenants like negan killed glen and Abraham in front of their friends.
That's a terrible plan seeing it's likely going to result in the needless deaths of more people until the predictable Negan vs Rick battle to the death at the end of the season. There are people on these lookout towers getting taken out from afar by arrows and they let Negan strut around on a balcony without a weapon for all that time where they could have ended the conflict and bloodshed quickly. I get that it's TV but the show is pushing the boundaries of ridiculousness. My wife was particularly annoyed and she's not usually overly critical as this simply doesn't make for good TV.

I feel this show is at a crossroads. Ratings are down and I don't think another season of dragging out an inevitable conclusion is going turn the tide in ratings. They need to figure out how to get the zombie threat back into the story as I don't know how much further they can take the storylines of the group running into a group of bad people with an over the top bad guy leading them.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 07:17 AM   #1472
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
This is one of the issues I have with Negan and the Saviors. That one guy that ran away and Dwight tracked down mentions that they are all obeying and cowering to one guy with a bat, and Dwight sympathizes with him. Apart from Simon and a few lieutenants the majority of them seem so incapable or unwilling to follow him. Following Eugene around the compound showed that they are far from a united front. Pain, punishment, and death are really the only rule. At the root they are a bunch of criminals organizing and commanding captives through fear.

Hell, their entire mantra is "We are one man (Negan)". Seems to me if you took the head off the snake, along with a few committed members, they would scatter or flock to Rick & Company's cause.

I guess I just don't buy the "we are Negan" thing as a counterpoint to assassination. Of course it has to be this way to make for a more interesting and prolonged story in TV land. As a committed viewer I choose to accept this over logic and enjoy the ride.
Rick and co have never seen the unrest with the Negan camp though. Any of their dealings with him have always been with the people who are buying into the whole "We are Negan" thing. They are operating under the assumption that they have a tight camp and need to be broken down.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #1473
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Rick and co have never seen the unrest with the Negan camp though. Any of their dealings with him have always been with the people who are buying into the whole "We are Negan" thing. They are operating under the assumption that they have a tight camp and need to be broken down.
Didn't Daryl see a lot of the unrest though?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 07:36 AM   #1474
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Didn't Daryl see a lot of the unrest though?
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but didn't he only interact with Dwight and his wife? Everyone group is going to have a couple loose ends, Rick's group has had a few of their own.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:47 AM   #1475
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Maybe I'm remembering wrong but didn't he only interact with Dwight and his wife? Everyone group is going to have a couple loose ends, Rick's group has had a few of their own.
Right, maybe I was thinking Eugene and the girls...
Old 10-25-2017, 10:21 AM   #1476
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
That's a terrible plan seeing it's likely going to result in the needless deaths of more people until the predictable Negan vs Rick battle to the death at the end of the season. There are people on these lookout towers getting taken out from afar by arrows and they let Negan strut around on a balcony without a weapon for all that time where they could have ended the conflict and bloodshed quickly. I get that it's TV but the show is pushing the boundaries of ridiculousness. My wife was particularly annoyed and she's not usually overly critical as this simply doesn't make for good TV.

I feel this show is at a crossroads. Ratings are down and I don't think another season of dragging out an inevitable conclusion is going turn the tide in ratings. They need to figure out how to get the zombie threat back into the story as I don't know how much further they can take the storylines of the group running into a group of bad people with an over the top bad guy leading them.
Lol I didn’t say it was a good plan. I just think that’s where the story is going.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:47 AM   #1477
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post

This show has never truly been about zombies though. That was merely the mechanism to explore themes of human nature. Zombies were the tool that broke society down to the point where it had to be rebuilt from the ground up. That's where we get to explore human tendencies and address the dark parts of humanity in order to understand when and where humans are good in contrast.

So long as the show keeps up with those themes, I'll be watching.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #1478
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree with Cali. As boring as some may find the rinse and repeat of running into new enemy groups, would you prefer to have the group just endlessly run into and fight off herds of zombies?
Old 10-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #1479
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
This show has never truly been about zombies though. That was merely the mechanism to explore themes of human nature. Zombies were the tool that broke society down to the point where it had to be rebuilt from the ground up. That's where we get to explore human tendencies and address the dark parts of humanity in order to understand when and where humans are good in contrast.

So long as the show keeps up with those themes, I'll be watching.
It was about zombies in the early seasons. They were the threat in seasons one and two. They have been reduced to props now.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:19 PM   #1480
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I agree with Cali. As boring as some may find the rinse and repeat of running into new enemy groups, would you prefer to have the group just endlessly run into and fight off herds of zombies?
Yes. Zombies are scarier and less predictable than smug villains like negan. Really the only thing they can explore in the current direction is maybe some sort of mutiny or dissention within the group as once they win this war they will have a large group and control of a large area.