Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2024, 01:29 PM   #3241
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Well wouldn't it make more sense to sell before it crashes, then buy twice as much for the next round? Or, as most savvy investors would do, bank the profit and reduce the risk for the next round?

It just seems baffling to leave that kind of profit on the table for someone as smart as you are, able to predict the moves.
hey look its $1300 peak bubble guy telling me how to invest
nobody on earth can time the market exactly

time in market vs. timing the market

you think billionaires like Michael Saylor are selling and buying back? no they are just buying more. Like I said, weak hands to solid hands.

If BTC is what I think it is I will never sell it, I will leverage it...21M BTC on earth and I have over 10

There are also major tax implications on selling nearly a million dollars of BTC

Other than owning you haters the day to day price is irrelevant to me...5 years, 10 years out is what matters. I promise you the price in 5 years works out in my favour.

Last edited by dino7c; 03-05-2024 at 01:39 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2024, 01:35 PM   #3242
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Dino sure gets angry when the price of BTC goes up...wonder why that is

Is he rage posting again? Six in a row, wow.

Haha, All time high, for a second and then plummets seven thousand! So predictable. So predictable. Someone could make a lot of money at this.
Its called a victory lap, something you wouldn't understand
I won the bet you all mocked me about a month ago remember? All time high in 2024...took a few weeks lol

Jammies its avatar time

Last edited by dino7c; 03-05-2024 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2024, 05:39 PM   #3243
Tiger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
hey look its $1300 peak bubble guy telling me how to invest
nobody on earth can time the market exactly

time in market vs. timing the market

you think billionaires like Michael Saylor are selling and buying back? no they are just buying more. Like I said, weak hands to solid hands.

If BTC is what I think it is I will never sell it, I will leverage it...21M BTC on earth and I have over 10

There are also major tax implications on selling nearly a million dollars of BTC

Other than owning you haters the day to day price is irrelevant to me...5 years, 10 years out is what matters. I promise you the price in 5 years works out in my favour.
It should pull back a little before the halving, but maybe because of expectations, it won't. It should drop after the halving (maybe a peak, but drop-down, but hit a high about 6 months out. Then it'll pull back to where the mining is just economic. So let's say that would be in the 60-80k range. This is just my speculation
The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2024, 05:53 PM   #3244
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh look, someone who put more thought into a strategy than "I've got it all on black, mother####er! Let it riiiiiiide!"
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 01:13 AM   #3245
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh look, someone who put more thought into a strategy than "I've got it all on black, mother####er! Let it riiiiiiide!"
you are in no position to question me or lecture me...I literally told you this current bump was about to happen 6 weeks ago
You are also totally ignoring the tax implications of selling that I mentioned

sure if you are day trading a few bucks here or there sell and buy, we are talking about nearly 1M here

Last edited by dino7c; 03-06-2024 at 03:34 AM.
Old 03-06-2024, 01:14 AM   #3246
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where is Jammies? he has pulled a Houdini since I won the bet
Old 03-06-2024, 06:53 AM   #3247
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Coinbase at #7. Getting close to alt season (if we have a true alt season this cycle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 12:54 PM   #3248
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Some of you guys have given me a lot of grief in here but Jammies losses the bet and he is gone, won't respond to PMs? Good thing I didn't bet that 1k for him to weasel out of. I'm sure if BTC crashed to $5 he wouldn't have disappeared.

PM sent, honor your bets
Old 03-11-2024, 10:37 AM   #3249
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

New High . When Avatar?
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 10:45 AM   #3250
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where is the post that Jammies agreed to an avatar bet?
Old 03-11-2024, 12:22 PM   #3251
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Where is the post that Jammies agreed to an avatar bet?
lol you thanked them all including the ones where is it insinuated that I would back out...seriously dude

I should pull a Sec and not post in here....I have only called four or five events with MAJOR price spikes and just get #### on when I am just trying to help people make some mother ####ing money. If you know another Crypto millionaire offering free advice on CP go talk to them I guess.

Or follow your dear leader that says Crypto won't go up from 40k because its old news and AI is the new thing blah blah blah.

Last edited by dino7c; 03-11-2024 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2024, 12:23 PM   #3252
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
Rather than quote the blizzard of posts:

- Good, the avatar bet is on. We'll revisit in 2025. (lol no need all time high in 2024 took 2 months)
- Bitcoin SHOULD BE worthless. When I say it IS WORTHLESS, that can be read in the counter-factual and obtuse sense that I am claiming it has zero current cash value, or that I think it is entirely unsuited to purpose, has more drawbacks than advantages, and thus has no or negative value. If you want to go with the obtuse reading, well, I can't stop you.
- I like discussing crypto because I am philosophically opposed to the ideas behind it, which are naive, dangerous, and wrong. Whether a particular rap musician is good or not is an entirely subjective discussion relevant only if you like rap; whether crypto heralds a new age of dynamic economic freedom is neither subjective or relevant only a crypto fans.
lol ####

Billions of dollars pouring into the "irrelevant" Crypto ETFs

I bet Crypto would hit an all time high in 2024, it did...now honor your bet

Last edited by dino7c; 03-11-2024 at 12:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 12:33 PM   #3253
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bitcon is just another example in our modern world about how facts don't matter, reality is whatever you say it is, and that there are now so many people believing this that it is a self fulfilling prophecy. The only people buying bitcoin are those who have been confused into believing it has value. So congrats that there are enough of you, I guess? Don't mistake that for giving it any more value than an NFT, a beanie baby or a poppy. Oh, wait, you already did.
Old 03-11-2024, 12:58 PM   #3254
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Bitcon is just another example in our modern world about how facts don't matter, reality is whatever you say it is, and that there are now so many people believing this that it is a self fulfilling prophecy. The only people buying bitcoin are those who have been confused into believing it has value. So congrats that there are enough of you, I guess? Don't mistake that for giving it any more value than an NFT, a beanie baby or a poppy. Oh, wait, you already did.
Like any currency ever. So it's an easy road to follow.
Except fiat currency's are back by governments. So that's a pretty significant distinction.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 01:09 PM   #3255
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Like any currency ever. So it's an easy road to follow.
Except fiat currency's are back by governments. So that's a pretty significant distinction.
It's not a currency, though. Currencies that fluctuate like the stock market are not useful as currencies. Currencies don't have scalability problems, or require vast amounts of energy for busywork. Currencies are also generally accepted everywhere the currency is expected to be used. They also don't have weirdos dancing around advocating for their favourite currency.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 04:12 PM   #3256
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fuzz and Homer Simpson “Everyone is stupid except me “
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 07:56 PM   #3257
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You don't seriously believe this do you?

We are talking about the eighth highest market cap in the world.

To say it doesn't have value is just silly. The market determines the value of something by its supply and demand. As long as there is demand for bitcoin (which the 1.4 trillion dollar market cap indicates), and as long as there is a controlled supply of bitcoin (which the hard limit of 21M btc ensures) then it has value.

I'm not even some bitcoin fanboy, this is just common sense here. The global market isn't some kid with a tinfoil hat.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 08:14 PM   #3258
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

MicroStrategy aquires 12,000 BTC today...bringing their total to 205,000

We are talking nearly 15B dollars, with a B. Some CPer should tell them they are doing it wrong.

Last edited by dino7c; 03-11-2024 at 08:16 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 09:34 PM   #3259
Agamemnon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

There is always demand for ponzi schemes, that's how they work, but it doesn't make them efficient for our economy. Some of them can go for years and years before unraveling.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 10:37 PM   #3260
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bitcoin is just starting, Solana too.

Ponzi schemes, currencys...lol. Whatever, your loss.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:

Tags
bitcoin , cryptocurrency , ethereum